Matt Lindstrom

Kyyle23

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 07:43 PM)
Insurance. Nothing to lose. Sox are familiar with him and his injury, obviously. Maybe they can catch lightning in a bottle, like Cleto for a couple of outings last year.

Same thing with Leon...or Albers...or Crain...or Nate Jones.

Jesus Christ Caulfield, you name drop worse than the rapper Game.

I've been thinking that the Sox have a bunch of bodies in the bullpen. They don't have the flamethrowers u need nowadays. Those 3 guys the Royals trot out there from the seventh on, all can throw 95 and all have nasty offspeed crap.

QUOTE (RaySox @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 10:43 PM)
I see no problem with this. Just insurance

Yeah, he probably won't help, but most like the Sox signing Crain, and I would assume Lindstrom stands a better chance of actually helping the Sox win. After the fluff pieces of Jesse Crain threw his socks in the hamper today, he might be ready opening day or soon after, it is pretty apparent Jesse is going to need a lot of things to go right to pitch in the major leagues effectively this year or ever for that matter.

i think most here already knows not to get overly excited about this signing. it is confusing move but all i have to do is hope. i know i am not going to put too much faith in Lindstrom, remember he was cut from another team, the sox gave him a offer on a silver plate.

i just have to hope in the best.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Apr 4, 2015 -> 12:44 PM)
Sox brass loves their bad veterans.

Lindstrom was rarely good, and usually terrible , on his Sox stints

No harm as long as he stays in minors.

i am not trying to be a smart arse or anything, but really, do you think that will happen?

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 4, 2015 -> 07:29 AM)
i think most here already knows not to get overly excited about this signing. it is confusing move but all i have to do is hope. i know i am not going to put too much faith in Lindstrom, remember he was cut from another team, the sox gave him a offer on a silver plate.

I'm not sure what's confusing here, this is simply a minor league depth signing. Can't hurt to have a veteran in AAA that can also serve as an emergency policy in case a big chunk of our major league bullpen falls apart.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 4, 2015 -> 06:29 AM)

Noesi was cut twice in less than a month before pitching quite effectively for the Sox last year.

I think the same thing happened with one of the Orioles' "surprise" breakout hitters in the last 2-3 months....that they picked up on waivers, the name's eluding me right now.

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 4, 2015 -> 07:47 AM)
i am not trying to be a smart arse or anything, but really, do you think that will happen?
Oh, I don't know. I don't think they'll use the pen as a retirement home this year, so we should be safe. But then again, he was pretty bad in 2013, yet they picked up an expensive option option for him in 2014.

And we saw Sox fav Wise go from "minor league depth" to taking starts in about a 2 week span in 2012 (and then signed for 2013 immediately after the season).

you never know.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 06:05 PM)
Jesus Christ Caulfield, you name drop worse than the rapper Game.

I fail to understand the rap Caulfield gets for namedropping. One person overstates it then the sheep follow. We are here because of our favorite team which consists of a 40 man roster , numerous players in many levels of minor leagues , plus all coaches and executives on those levels not to mention the possibilities of trades and free agency with 29 others teams who are similarly stocked with players coaches and execs.

Most posts are talking about those 1000's of individuals in some way, shape or form.

Besides name dropping is an attempt to impress others with a bit of snobbery involved to make yourself appear more important than the next person. Aren't we all mostly talking about the same people usually ? Name dropping isn't just using a lot of different names of players and people we are all here to talk about since we are FANS anyway. It doesn't appear to me that Caulfield does this to impress anyone or feel superior about himself.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 4, 2015 -> 03:10 PM)
I'm not sure what's confusing here, this is simply a minor league depth signing. Can't hurt to have a veteran in AAA that can also serve as an emergency policy in case a big chunk of our major league bullpen falls apart.

and that is true, but to simply give it to him, when there were other options. i have no faith in him and even having the possibility of him coming up, too much of a risk.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 4, 2015 -> 03:37 PM)
Noesi was cut twice in less than a month before pitching quite effectively for the Sox last year.

I think the same thing happened with one of the Orioles' "surprise" breakout hitters in the last 2-3 months....that they picked up on waivers, the name's eluding me right now.

good point, but Noesi was not with the team when he was cut, he became better after he came to the team.

Lindstrom was with the team and well we all know what happen there.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 4, 2015 -> 03:45 PM)
I fail to understand the rap Caulfield gets for namedropping. One person overstates it then the sheep follow. We are here because of our favorite team which consists of a 40 man roster , numerous players in many levels of minor leagues , plus all coaches and executives on those levels not to mention the possibilities of trades and free agency with 29 others teams who are similarly stocked with players coaches and execs.

Most posts are talking about those 1000's of individuals in some way, shape or form.

Besides name dropping is an attempt to impress others with a bit of snobbery involved to make yourself appear more important than the next person. Aren't we all mostly talking about the same people usually ? Name dropping isn't just using a lot of different names of players and people we are all here to talk about since we are FANS anyway. It doesn't appear to me that Caulfield does this to impress anyone or feel superior about himself.

i like this.... not bad.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 4, 2015 -> 09:45 AM)

Lol, did you really just call me a sheep? I've read thousands of Caulfield's posts, I think I'm entitled to my own opinion.

I enjoy Caulfield's contributions to this website and he seems like a good dude, but that doesn't mean I can't critique his strange need to drop any many names as possible in many of his posts. I usually keep my feelings to myself, but sometimes the drops are so unnecessary I feel obliged to comment. Quite frankly, if you fail to understand the rep Caulfield gets for name dropping, then you simply aren't paying attention.

ok i know i am a weird person with a quirky sense of humor. but i like Caulfield's post. i laugh when he does it and i sometimes catch myself counting the names. it is all fun.....

Poor Caulfield he is the abuse puppy today.

The Noesi situation is completely different.

Noesi is someone that the Sox, primarily Cooper, had liked for a while. He was only 27.

The day after we absolutely destroyed him as a Ranger, we not only claimed him, but immediately put in the rotation (he had been pitching out of the pen).

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Apr 4, 2015 -> 07:41 PM)
The Noesi situation is completely different.

Noesi is someone that the Sox, primarily Cooper, had liked for a while. He was only 27.

The day after we absolutely destroyed him as a Ranger, we not only claimed him, but immediately put in the rotation (he had been pitching out of the pen).

not really, Noesi, was never on the team, then the sox claimed him on waivers on someone advice, and coop worked with him.

Lindstrom was with the sox and was claimed after another team waived him. whatever was the problem, was not fixed by the coaches, now he is with the sox minors. if he came up, the sox are screwed, here Lindstrom was able to come back with out competition. all i am saying is there were better options.

the sox org will do what they want to do, they do not need to check in with us, the fans.

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 4, 2015 -> 09:52 AM)
ok i know i am a weird person with a quirky sense of humor. but i like Caulfield's post. i laugh when he does it and i sometimes catch myself counting the names. it is all fun.....

Poor Caulfield he is the abuse puppy today.

When I first joined the chisox.com/mlb messageboards, there was this guy (colonel sat 46) who always wrote about or posted the names of Sox players from the 1950's, 60's and 70's, even though they weren't necessarily relevant or germane to the conversations of a decade ago.

I appreciated hearing them and looked up all of them to discover more about my favorite team and its history during that time.

I didn't really begin to follow the team until about 1979 (the reasons I became a fan were that Claudell Washington was the first MLB player to respond by autographing a baseball card I sent to 35th and Shields, and my FAVORITE Uncle Frank was a blue collar/working class White Sox fanatic.....he worked for the Dubuque Iowa (hams and meats) Packing Company...and my other uncle I wasn't quite as fond of, and maybe nor was my mother...loved the Cubs). So I kind of inherited a fandom that had been a barren wasteland from 1959 until 1983.

At any rate, it's my way of bringing up sometimes the obscure players of my youth, the 70's and mostly 80's and 90's....for the posters on the internet who are in their teens and twenties.

Maybe 98% of the people will ignore it, but that's not the point, either. Maybe it will annoy or irritate someone. Not my intention...either.

At any rate, Colsat46 was very close "online friends" with ncorgbl, who was the greatest internet bully in the history of the messageboards and the reason I eventually migrated away from chisox.com anarchy to wsi and then finally to soxtalk. I was very sad to hear that he passed away at some point around that time. Maybe in his memory, I took it upon myself to do the same type of thing with some of my posting style as he did with his, while maintaining my own sense of style. Maybe it's pointless and young people today only care about what's right in front of them, the future and what happened within their memory or perhaps lifetime.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 4, 2015 -> 10:10 PM)
When I first joined the chisox.com/mlb messageboards, there was this guy (colonel sat 46) who always wrote about or posted the names of Sox players from the 1950's, 60's and 70's, even though they weren't necessarily relevant or germane to the conversations of a decade ago.

I appreciated hearing them and looked up all of them to discover more about my favorite team and its history during that time.

I didn't really begin to follow the team until about 1979 (the reasons I became a fan were that Claudell Washington was the first MLB player to respond by autographing a baseball card I sent to 35th and Shields, and my FAVORITE Uncle Frank was a blue collar/working class White Sox fanatic.....he worked for the Dubuque Iowa (hams and meats) Packing Company...and my other uncle I wasn't quite as fond of, and maybe nor was my mother...loved the Cubs). So I kind of inherited a fandom that had been a barren wasteland from 1959 until 1983.

At any rate, it's my way of bringing up sometimes the obscure players of my youth, the 70's and mostly 80's and 90's....for the posters on the internet who are in their teens and twenties.

Maybe 98% of the people will ignore it, but that's not the point, either. Maybe it will annoy or irritate someone. Not my intention...either.

At any rate, Colsat46 was very close "online friends" with ncorgbl, who was the greatest internet bully in the history of the messageboards and the reason I eventually migrated away from chisox.com anarchy to wsi and then finally to soxtalk. I was very sad to hear that he passed away at some point around that time. Maybe in his memory, I took it upon myself to do the same type of thing with some of my posting style as he did with his, while maintaining my own sense of style. Maybe it's pointless and young people today only care about what's right in front of them, the future and what happened within their memory or perhaps lifetime.

for me, it is all good, those names are from my past of being a sox fan.

psst, did you know ....... sox b-ball in a couple more days ... :headbang