4/18 - White Sox vs Tigers

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 18, 2015 -> 04:05 PM)
When Beckham makes an all star game, then he can talk. He's a bench player. I don't need his canned answer bulls*** on the state of a broken team.

Merkin went to him for comments though, it's not like Beckham went on a radio show and made these comments unprovoked.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 18, 2015 -> 11:05 AM)
When Beckham makes an all star game, then he can talk. He's a bench player. I don't need his canned answer bulls*** on the state of a broken team.

Oh Jesus. Bash Merlin if you wanna bash anyone. He's one of the longest tenured players on the team (behind only Lexi right?), getting mad at him for responding to a beat writer is just silly.

Edited by scs787

That's fine, I have an unpopular opinion. I can live with that.

He left, he returned as a bench player. He should tell Merkin to go to LaRoche for the quotes. I mean, if Adam isn't too busy going to Vegas on the off day or doing the pregame stretch with his kid.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 18, 2015 -> 10:20 AM)
That's fine, I have an unpopular opinion. I can live with that.

He left, he returned as a bench player. He should tell Merkin to go to LaRoche for the quotes. I mean, if Adam isn't too busy going to Vegas on the off day or doing the pregame stretch with his kid.

I don't like that he's on the team, but now that he is, I sure don't blame him for acting like it. He sounds like he's just trying to get immersed in the season. Nothing wrong with that. Gotta have hope.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 18, 2015 -> 04:59 PM)
Can we not over-react to a player giving the canned answers he is expected to give? I am sure if the story got out that Beckham refused to answer Merkins questions, then it would become that the clubhouse is falling apart or something.

i can see what you are saying, but at the same time, why would it be wrong to say no comment. Beckham did the right thing, but i still put the blame on Merkins for asking him.

My gosh, Merkin asked him the questions. Nnice job Gordo! Nice canned responses! Way to represent the Sox absolutely 100% correctly and not take the bait from a POS from the media. So proud of ya man! Reporters are plain evil when they try to stir the pot. Way to sniff it out GB!

QUOTE (scs787 @ Apr 18, 2015 -> 12:13 PM)
Oh Jesus. Bash Merlin if you wanna bash anyone. He's one of the longest tenured players on the team (behind only Lexi right?), getting mad at him for responding to a beat writer is just silly.

Danks is longest-tenured Sox player now IIRC.