4/20- White Sox vs Cleveland Indians

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 20, 2015 -> 09:10 PM)
are we going to be 7 GB after 12 games? really?

Its early. We keep on playing like this against the division and early will become hey look X team once in a 100 years came back from 20 down to win the division.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 20, 2015 -> 10:06 PM)
How about someone who has actual experience managing. It can be in the minors. Just promoting guys that you happen to own a poster of doesn't make them good managers. Expect better. Not just random childhood heroes.

Until KW is GONE this is what we can expect from this organization

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 02:12 AM)
Its early. We keep on playing like this against the division and early will become hey look X team once in a 100 years came back from 20 down to win the division.

And Pearl Harbor/in or out threads

From 1997-2008 we had a winning record against the AL Central every season. From 2009-2014 the only season we had a winning record against our division was 2012. I'm getting really sick of being unable to beat our division foes. This sucks.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 20, 2015 -> 09:14 PM)
From 1997-2008 we had a winning record against the AL Central every season. From 2009-2014 the only season we had a winning record against our division was 2012. I'm getting really sick of being unable to beat our division foes. This sucks.

With the amount of games against your division you have to win divisional games to have a chance. Losing large amounts of games to your divisional foes makes it nearly impossible.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 20, 2015 -> 09:08 PM)
He brings nothing to the table. Team came out flat this year and already made two of the dumbest decisions a Sox manager has made in a long time.

If I recall correctly he rated quite highly in bullpen usage in terms of leverage

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 02:15 AM)
Sad part is the cubs are all they are to be and are playing well. The sox will have zero coverage and interest in about a week.

As I said earlier, the Sox have just killed all momentum they had as a franchise. I'm honestly not sure how to get things turned around.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 02:17 AM)
With the amount of games against your division you have to win divisional games to have a chance. Losing large amounts of games to your divisional foes makes it nearly impossible.

The pitching in the division (besides Twins) seems like it's going to be really good. Indians have 4 guys with all-world stuff

This is the sad part. Off to a terrible start and all division games. This teams season is going to end quickly. As dumb as that sounds were going to have a just horrendous divisional record and zero shot at the post season. Robin will stay on because we're loyal to a fault.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 20, 2015 -> 11:17 PM)
As I said earlier, the Sox have just killed all momentum they had as a franchise. I'm honestly not sure how to get things turned around.

I dunno, are we actually at the point where we think this is how the team will perform for most of this year? I still think they're significantly better than this, even if the baserunning and fielding foibles continue.

I don't remember a white sox season where "it's early" was ever even true. The playoff years always started well. The only decent slow start was 2010, which happened to also be my fav non playoff team ever, but still.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 20, 2015 -> 09:15 PM)
Sad part is the cubs are all they are to be and are playing well. The sox will have zero coverage and interest in about a week.

It's not like we got a lot of coverage even when the Cubs were losing 95 games every year the last five seasons. Barring a dynasty-type run by the Sox, this is not going to change.