Why does *any* member of the White Sox front office deserve their job?

maxjusttyped

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ May 4, 2015 -> 01:36 AM)
Yes, I am still talking about the Chicago White Sox and watching their games, etc. I was doing that before Jerry Reinsdorf & Co. bought the team, and I'll be doing so after their reign of ownership terror is over. In the meantime, as long as the results continue along the lines of what we are currently witnessing, I will continue to hold the Chairman ultimately responsible. I won't leave all the blame squarely at Ventura's feet or Kenny's, but rather at the Boss' himself.

While I agree with you in principle, be careful what you wish for. They may end up being the San Antonio / Portland / other White Sox.

Chicago White Sox

Philadelphia Phillies

New York Yankees

St. Louis Cardinals

Boston Red Sox

San Francisco Giants

These are the last ten world series winners. These are the six franchises that if using ten years as a yard stick deserve their front office jobs. All of the other franchises should fire their front offices and start over. Unless one playoff win = a world series win. Then it would be a different list.

Are we upset because there is no talent on the field or the talent on the field isn't performing? With all the fan excitement before the season and the high expectations we had for this team, the problem seems less with the front office than with the guys wearing uniforms on the field. (coaches and players, hell toss in the batboy).

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 4, 2015 -> 08:12 AM)
I feel like this is a lot more of Hahn's team then people want to admit. Kenny is the boogeyman to this board.

It's gone from slurping Hahn during the winter, praising every move, to now every move has KW's fingerprints on it, he has to go.

While I do agree he should go to at least make it appear Hahn is the actual GM, Hahn is now the Don Cooper of White Sox executives. Nothing he does is bad, only good. If bad occurs, it has nothing to do with him.

If Hahn totally disagreed with the moves being made, I am sure he could put up a stink, and ultimately find another job pretty easily.

I also don't think the winter moves were bad, and ultimately the White Sox will play better, hopefully starting tomorrow.

QUOTE (Tex @ May 4, 2015 -> 09:23 AM)
Based on the definitions of playoff wins, there are only a handful of front offices that deserve their jobs.

If there are franchises that are able to regularly build and sustain competitive teams, and your franchise is unable to do that, you are both failing from the perspective of "winning baseball" *AND* you're also costing your franchise money compared to what they could earn if they were regularly building a competitive roster.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 4, 2015 -> 08:30 AM)
If there are franchises that are able to regularly build and sustain competitive teams, and your franchise is unable to do that, you are both failing from the perspective of "winning baseball" *AND* you're also costing your franchise money compared to what they could earn if they were regularly building a competitive roster.

Please see my edited post.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 3, 2015 -> 07:22 PM)
LOL. Choose to hold them "accountable". Yet here you are still talking about the team, watching games, etc.

And if he wasn't talking about the team, watching games etc, he would be labeled as a fair weather fan.

Sox fans are in a bad spot. How does a fan go about supporting their team without supporting ownership?

We as fans are all monkeys in the middle caught between poor ownership and fandom.

Other than a few posters, I think this team has greatly underperformed in relation to pre-season expectations. How do you blame the FO for under-performance?

If changes in non-playing personnel are to occur, you have to look at the coaches in the dugout, including RV. IMO, the FO did a fairly good job with what they had to work with this past winter. Yes, we have holes but this team is playing like garbage top to bottom other than some pieces of our bullpen (which RH put together).

QUOTE (oldsox @ May 4, 2015 -> 07:49 AM)
On the subject of ineffective Managers, the Brewers just fired Ron Roenicke.

And replaced him with someone with zero managerial or coaching experience. A Soxtalk no no. The only people who know how to manage a baseball team with no managerial or coaching experience are people who post on message boards.

If Eaton actually is terrible, we can blame his contract on Hahn, but the players on this team have underperformed and our manager has lost us games. Plain and simple. If you want to put the fact that Hahn extended Robin on Hahn, fine. But Rick put a talented team together for Ventura et al to screw up.

Edited by AustinIllini

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 4, 2015 -> 08:49 AM)
And replaced him with someone with zero managerial or coaching experience. A Soxtalk no no. The only people who know how to manage a baseball team with no managerial or coaching experience are people who post on message boards.

Just pulling the pins from the grenades, huh?

QUOTE (flavum @ May 4, 2015 -> 08:50 AM)
Just pulling the pins from the grenades, huh?

All these threads are much to do about nothing because Ventura isn't getting fired any time soon, but if he was replaced by a guy with no experience, all the experts here, who have all the answers, would be complaining even more.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ May 4, 2015 -> 12:36 AM)
Yes, I am still talking about the Chicago White Sox and watching their games, etc. I was doing that before Jerry Reinsdorf & Co. bought the team, and I'll be doing so after their reign of ownership terror is over. In the meantime, as long as the results continue along the lines of what we are currently witnessing, I will continue to hold the Chairman ultimately responsible. I won't leave all the blame squarely at Ventura's feet or Kenny's, but rather at the Boss' himself.

So by "holding them accountable" you really mean "complaining". Boy that will show them!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 4, 2015 -> 07:54 AM)
At the very least then, the people in the front office who made the decisions to spend a lot of money based on last year's team and who made the decisions to bring in the players who aren't performing deserve some heat for those failings.

Firing an entire front office based on 21 games is prime Steinbrenner territory.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 4, 2015 -> 08:56 AM)
All these threads are much to do about nothing because Ventura isn't getting fired any time soon, but if he was replaced by a guy with no experience, all the experts here, who have all the answers, would be complaining even more.

Fans venting about an under-performing team is what you're going to get from any fan base. I don't think anyone is coming off like they have all of the answers.

It seems like people here bother you more than the Sox. Which I would have to ask, why do you post here if it bothers you so much?

QUOTE (flavum @ May 4, 2015 -> 09:01 AM)
Fans venting about an under-performing team is what you're going to get from any fan base. I don't think anyone is coming off like they have all of the answers.

It seems like people here bother you more than the Sox. Which I would have to ask, why do you post here if it bothers you so much?

Ooh, I know the answer!

QUOTE (flavum @ May 4, 2015 -> 09:01 AM)

No one is coming off like they have all the answers?

Really?

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 4, 2015 -> 09:06 AM)
Counsell was being groomed for a spot ever since he retired. If we hire another high school volunteer, I imagine people will indeed be pissed. If we hire Dave Martinez I don't think they will be.

Robin was working for the White Sox when he was hired. It is amazing being "groomed" for the position didn't include actually coaching or managing, and included letting him interview to be Boston's hitting coach and Tampa Bay's manager.

Just more of the grass is greener.....

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 4, 2015 -> 09:07 AM)
No one is coming off like they have all the answers?

Really?

Yes. Fans vent, but I don't think anyone here knows all of the answers, or pretends to have all of the answers for the Sox.

Back to you...what would you like from this board? Everything is ok? Just watch daily, and take that game for what it is, and if we lose, we'll get them tomorrow?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 4, 2015 -> 09:08 AM)
Robin was working for the White Sox when he was hired. It is amazing being "groomed" for the position didn't include actually coaching or managing, and included letting him interview to be Boston's hitting coach and Tampa Bay's manager.

Just more of the grass is greener.....

He was working what, a few months in minors? I wouldn't say it's at all the same. There's a reason everyone predicted Counsell to get the job while no one had any idea about Ventura.