Samardzija Trade Packages

Y2Jimmy0

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 10:14 AM)
I'm kind of advocating for trading Samardzija AND adding a bat. I think the addition of an impact bat benefits our club more than the substitution of EJ for Samardzija hurts us. Even with EJ, that pitching staff is good enough to compete. If they worked a good 3 team deal basically swapping Samardzija for a bat, they would basically be giving up the compensatory pick for a two month rental. I think they would be willing to do that.

This is where we can agree although with Eric Johnson I'd like an extra reliever also. If Bucket of suck was correct the Sox had offers in place with Toronto and the Giants for Shark but both those teams have already got starters Price/Leake ) though Toronto needs another one but is our main competition for the WC . Padres , Brewers ,Seattle, Marlins, Reds are sellers we might deal with . Yankees , Dodgers, Cubs, Orioles, Mets , Cards, Dbacks maybe Pirates buyers.

Jays still looking at pitching. I presume it would be blasphemy to cut a deal with them for Shark (would be a proverbial waving of the White flag) but, alas, they still have the package to do it. Houston and Dodgers have the ammo as well.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 02:06 PM)
Jays still looking at pitching. I presume it would be blasphemy to cut a deal with them for Shark (would be a proverbial waving of the White flag) but, alas, they still have the package to do it. Houston and Dodgers have the ammo as well.

Do the Jays have anything left in the farm? Maybe they would trade Pompei? Not the bat fans might be expecting but a bat that can help with future teams.

Houston and the Dodgers definitely have the ammo. Even after the haul Houston gave up to Milwaukee.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 12:10 PM)
Do the Jays have anything left in the farm? Maybe they would trade Pompei? Not the bat fans might be expecting but a bat that can help with future teams.

Houston and the Dodgers definitely have the ammo. Even after the haul Houston gave up to Milwaukee.

Speaking of Milwaukee, I wonder if they got any offers for Ryan Braun ?

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 12:18 PM)
I'd bet my LIFE that this substance NEVER entered my body.

Hey Braun for LaRoche . Milwaukee gets a lot of salary relief and we get over $15M off the payroll to help with the cost of Braun.Braun signed 2016 through 2020 , 5/$105M, Mutual option for 2021.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 02:16 PM)
Speaking of Milwaukee, I wonder if they got any offers for Ryan Braun ?

Have not seen or heard his name mentioned anywhere. Kind of odd for this time of year with him being a power bat and all.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 02:48 PM)
Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes now8 seconds ago

Still hearing asking price for Jeff Samardzija is very high. #WhiteSox

Sure they priced him where they were fairly sure no one would pay their demands.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 02:58 PM)
I'd take him . RF , power bat decent fielder signed long term .It's just that steroid thing that would freak everyone out, but we already have Melky so why not ?

I would take him too. The lack of rumors must mean the Brewers weren't interested in trading him?

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 02:05 PM)
Nothing is going to happen.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 02:14 PM)
I'm hoping for that outcome. We'll see.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 02:22 PM)
Since I think that's a terrible outcome that's what I'm expecting.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 02:23 PM)
LOL I think you and I are the most negative nannies on ST.

It's official. I have liked basically none of the White Sox's strategy over the past 8 months.