Samardzija Trade Packages

Y2Jimmy0

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 04:44 PM)
Hahn's gotten a free pass for a terrible offseason (in terms of results on the field). He needs to win a few of these big trades going forward, as so far he doesn't have a lot to show at the big league level besides Eaton/Avi.

Yes, and personally I won't accept the excuse that he's a rental to explain whatever mediocre package we receive. This situation is of his own creation, so he needs to get some future players out of it. Send evaluators to an interested teams Rookie and A level squads and have people do their jobs and locate talent. We've been at the other end of far too many deals ending in a wash, it's time to stop shoulder shrugging and thinking "oh well he's just a rental so all we could get is some minor league filler." I honestly believe the organization has this mindset in trades to always be fair to their partner. Whether its laziness or just bad luck with past deals, im with you; Hahn needs to win big

Edited by Flash Tizzle

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NCsoxfan @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 05:38 PM)
Can someone summarize what kind of realistic return we should expect trading Samardzija?

Doesn't have to be specific prospectus, but just a generalization is fine.

raBBit posted this link to his insight on what a potential Samardzija trade could look like. I think he's being pretty realistic and does a good job in explaining where's he's coming from.

http://www.barstoolsports.com/chicago/fire...a-trade-part-2/

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 11:05 PM)
Yes, and personally I won't accept the excuse that he's a rental to explain whatever mediocre package we receive. This situation is of his own creation, so he needs to get some future players out of it. Send evaluators to an interested teams Rookie and A level squads and have people do their jobs and locate talent. We've been at the other end of far too many deals ending in a wash, it's time to stop shoulder shrugging and thinking "oh well he's just a rental so all we could get is some minor league filler." I honestly believe the organization has this mindset in trades to always be fair to their partner. Whether its laziness or just bad luck with past deals, im with you; Hahn needs to win big

i don't know if it is to be fair..... when kw was running the show, i always thought it was the mind set to aim for 1 player and get it done. even if the sox were overselling.

maybe it was b/c the players the sox had were not the ummm great prospects but adequate.

teams always need a surplus of pitchers, and the sox have more than enuf to make any trade and interesting one.

so i can envision shark trade now and a another trade in the off season.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 04:56 PM)
I don't know who's really running this org. Is Hahn deciding who to acquire or is Williams, with Hahn executing the acquisitions?

That is the million dollar questions because the answer tells all.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 05:56 PM)
Why? What do you know about what Rick Hahn is trying to do that Kenny Williams won't let him do?

I want Hahn to do his job with KW not involved 100%, so I can judge Hahn fairly.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 11:04 PM)
I want Hahn to do his job with KW not involved 100%, so I can judge Hahn fairly.

here is the main question, b/c i am with you on this.

how do we, the fans know if that is not happening now???

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 06:21 PM)
here is the main question, b/c i am with you on this.

how do we, the fans know if that is not happening now???

I do not know that is just it SS2K, myself it is all pure speculation. That is why as a fan I want to know 100% who is making the decisions.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 20, 2015 -> 12:23 AM)
I do not know that is just it SS2K, myself it is all pure speculation. That is why as a fan I want to know 100% who is making the decisions.

and we as fan will never know for sure, unless kw is out of the org ;)

How do all the Hahn fans know he is capable of making the correct moves? This past offseason, all he got was praise, and when those moves didn't work out, it is all KW. If Hahn has been KW's assistant for 10 years before becoming his alleged puppet, what is there to suggest he actually know what he is doing?

I guess what I don't understsnd is The notion that KW and JR have no clue, but for some reason their underling, the guy with ZERO baseball expereince before being trained by them has this vision of excellence that needs to ne followed. My point is if you think JR and KW are beyonf their expiration date, tthere is no logical reason you should not think the same of Hahn.

Edited by Dick Allen

i understand the jr comment, but i am wondering, if being the joke of the whole mlb is not embarrassing to him?? i wonder if the FO feel this embarrassment??

i am even wondering if the players are immune to it??

for me, this team / org is starting to be a laughing stock. esp if Hahn has to run everything past kw before any move is made.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 11:31 PM)
How do all the Hahn fans know he is capable of making the correct moves? This past offseason, all he got was praise, and when those moves didn't work out, it is all KW. If Hahn has been KW's assistant for 10 years before becoming his alleged puppet, what is there to suggest he actually know what he is doing?

for those moves, 2 certified move was a failure, Adam LaRoche and Boni. it was the non moves that didn't help.

there has to be a reason why players in general can not score runs.... i don't buy the lousy players excuse.

There was that interview with Kenny about a few weeks ago. It sounded to me like he wanted to get more involved. He sidestepped the questions about being disatisfied with the job Rick has done. But to me him getting involved more sounds like maybe Kenny is going "Hey your moves are screwing us right now...now I have to get more involved to clean up the mess".

Kenny has talked a lot to the press the past few months and he's made it very clear by his own words that before Hahn or his people can do anything they have to run it by him.

Let's put it this way, Hahn appeared to be patiently rebuilding the major league team and the minor league system since July 2013. Then "suddenly" the Sox spend a lot of money this off season, much of it spent on veterans in their 30's.

That's been Kenny's M.O. for years right? "Win now!", "Go for It," "It's Time!" and his football mentality.

Pretty clear to me he's still running the show.

I'd also love to see Hahn get his chance without interference...let's put it this way (again)...when Kenny was G.M. did he have to answer / clear things with anybody? Answer: No...Roland Hemond was simply an advisor, not his boss.

Hahn deserves the same situation.

The White Sox front office is simply to unwieldy in my opinion.

Mark

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 07:02 PM)
Kenny has talked a lot to the press the past few months and he's made it very clear by his own words that before Hahn or his people can do anything they have to run it by him.

Let's put it this way, Hahn appeared to be patiently rebuilding the major league team and the minor league system since July 2013. Then "suddenly" the Sox spend a lot of money this off season, much of it spent on veterans in their 30's.

That's been Kenny's M.O. for years right? "Win now!", "Go for It," "It's Time!" and his football mentality.

Pretty clear to me he's still running the show.

I'd also love to see Hahn get his chance without interference...let's put it this way (again)...when Kenny was G.M. did he have to answer / clear things with anybody? Answer: No...Roland Hemond was simply an advisor, not his boss.

Hahn deserves the same situation.

The White Sox front office is simply to unwieldy in my opinion.

Mark

Ah so it's all Kenny's fault. Rick Hahn had nothing to do with the influx in money? He was just an innocent bystander bowing down to the powers of Kenny Williams. I'm sure Kenny would have said no to another year of building. I mean we didnt just go through a 2 year building starting in 2013...oh wait.

This power structure is very similar to what most teams have in baseball. Almost make it sound like Hahn has earned Bill Parcells type of credibility. Might as well make him the manager while you at it.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 06:31 PM)

I guess what I don't understsnd is The notion that KW and JR have no clue, but for some reason their underling, the guy with ZERO baseball expereince before being trained by them has this vision of excellence that needs to ne followed. My point is if you think JR and KW are beyonf their expiration date, tthere is no logical reason you should not think the same of Hahn.

Kenny is soxtalk's boogeyman

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 05:46 PM)
raBBit posted this link to his insight on what a potential Samardzija trade could look like. I think he's being pretty realistic and does a good job in explaining where's he's coming from.

http://www.barstoolsports.com/chicago/fire...a-trade-part-2/

Thanks! Good read. Exciting that we can flip him for more than we gave up to get him.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 06:06 PM)
Ah so it's all Kenny's fault. Rick Hahn had nothing to do with the influx in money? He was just an innocent bystander bowing down to the powers of Kenny Williams. I'm sure Kenny would have said no to another year of building. I mean we didnt just go through a 2 year building starting in 2013...oh wait.

This power structure is very similar to what most teams have in baseball. Almost make it sound like Hahn has earned Bill Parcells type of credibility. Might as well make him the manager while you at it.

Of course Rick has input but again by his own words Kenny has to approve everything which means by the nature of the structure that if Kenny wants a trade or a signing he has the power to tell Hahn to get it done.