7/31 White Sox vs Yankees 7:10 PM CT

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 09:37 PM)
Or Scott Carroll.

Why the f*** are we carrying Matt Albers over Carroll?

Because Carroll is the 9th guy that would go in the bullpen and we don't have room for that. Having him would require clearing some space in the pen. Which you know...trade deadline...anywho.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 09:37 PM)
Wouldn't shock me one bit if Johnson comes up and has similar command to that of Rodon

This is what you expect from Rookies. I think Johnson would be a little more reliable, more experience in the minors, but rookies need to take their thumps sometimes.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 08:37 PM)
Because Carroll is the 9th guy that would go in the bullpen and we don't have room for that. Having him would require clearing some space in the pen. Which you know...trade deadline...anywho.

Carroll over Albers. I don't understand why we have Albers here when he's not really a long reliever and we don't have a long reliever.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 06:20 PM)
My apologies for any disagreements we may have had in the past. I was brought up to respect the elderly. :P

Seriously man, that is fricken cool! Every now and then I will watch footage of that night for old times sake. People went nuts!!!

I'll have to tell you about it some time kid ;)

Balt extended lead to 8-6 now, KC and Blue Jays tied at 6-6 in the 8th...

This might be the last week for score updates about the WC.

Texas winning, and the Twins down by 3 runs to the Mariners. You'd have to think that the Blue Jays will blow past the Twins.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 09:40 PM)
Carroll over Albers. I don't understand why we have Albers here when he's not really a long reliever and we don't have a long reliever.

1 year deal and he's back. He's better than Carroll in tight situations and we're fighting for the Wild Card, we need every good pitcher for tight situations we can get.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 07:41 PM)
Balt extended lead to 8-6 now, KC and Blue Jays tied at 6-6 in the 8th...

This might be the last week for score updates about the WC.

Texas winning, and the Twins down by 3 runs to the Mariners. You'd have to think that the Blue Jays will blow past the Twins.

It will be. This team is finished.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 08:41 PM)
I'll have to tell you about it some time kid ;)

Please do! Would like to hear it firsthand from someone that was actually there. I was only 7 at the time but as I said earlier, I remember seeing footage on the news for quite sometime after that game. Every news station was going on about it.

Ouch. This game has not gone well. Seems like every time I check the score the fricken Yanks are scoring again.