42 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Cubs
    • Better club

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Oct 16, 2015 -> 12:08 AM)
So, are the Yankees fans supposed to be rooting for the Mets now? I don't know all the rules for fans. I guess I'll call one of the Chicago radio shows.

Yes, just like Angels fans were pulling for the Dodgers.

Well admittedly Greg has been off a bit on predictions. So Chicago Cubs fans are in trouble if this holds. For I see NO WAY the Cubs can lose to the Mets. Cubs are a lock. Why?

Well the Mets aren't prime time material No. 1. No. 2? I hate to go there, but this is all for Ernie Banks. The Cubs are wearing 14 on the sleeve this year for Banks. So what happens? Somehow they actually make the playoffs ahead of schedule, beat the Cardinals of all teams and now play the Mets, yes the Mets. The team that made Ernie's life hell as Leo Durocher blamed him for the 69 collapse. the Mets are the team that prevented Ernie from going to the Series. The Cubs were never the same after that.

I'm pretty serious about this. Is heaven letting Ernie orchestrate this postseason?? It sure as hell seems that way.

Cubs are a lock to play Toronto in the series. Does this mean KC and New York are assured the WS? We shall see but Greg has given his honest analysis and I've been off my predictive game a bit of late.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 16, 2015 -> 12:29 AM)
If you don't root for your city's team, you're just a hater.

This is absolutely not true.

Would Dodgers fans root for the Angels in this situation, or vice versa? Would Yankees fans root for the Mets, or vice versa?

This is no different.

Just because the Sox are out doesn't mean the rivalry that they have with the Cubs means nothing.

Guilty and goddamn proud of it. Even tho I don't live in Chicago anymore. Go mets

Edited by daa84

Is this really a thing? I honestly don't watch any local news or radio. All of my Cubs fan friends would actually be pissed if I DID start rooting for the Cubs.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 16, 2015 -> 02:42 AM)
Well admittedly Greg has been off a bit on predictions. So Chicago Cubs fans are in trouble if this holds. For I see NO WAY the Cubs can lose to the Mets. Cubs are a lock. Why?

Well the Mets aren't prime time material No. 1. No. 2? I hate to go there, but this is all for Ernie Banks. The Cubs are wearing 14 on the sleeve this year for Banks. So what happens? Somehow they actually make the playoffs ahead of schedule, beat the Cardinals of all teams and now play the Mets, yes the Mets. The team that made Ernie's life hell as Leo Durocher blamed him for the 69 collapse. the Mets are the team that prevented Ernie from going to the Series. The Cubs were never the same after that.

I'm pretty serious about this. Is heaven letting Ernie orchestrate this postseason?? It sure as hell seems that way.

Cubs are a lock to play Toronto in the series. Does this mean KC and New York are assured the WS? We shall see but Greg has given his honest analysis and I've been off my predictive game a bit of late.

Kinda like the year they won it all for Harry Caray? Or the year they won it all because it was the 100th anniversary of their last WS appearance? Or when they broke the curse by bringing a goat to Wrigley? Or broke the curse by blowing up the Bartman ball?

I'm sure Ernie Banks death is totally going to be the reason they win this time.

They would be a World Series lock if they had John Danks. :/

#analysis

The plastic display case enshrined Schwarber ball on top of the scorebosrd and "fly the W" flags showing up at random non-baseball sporting events like the NFL game last night will surely help to break it.

Maybe the return of Ronnie Woo Woo and the Shawon-O-Meter (Dunston).

Getting a tad cocky already. Mets friend sent me this.

http://www.northsidebaseball.com/forum/vie...4&start=200

Quote:

Mets it is. This is the preferred matchup over the dodgers. We can stomp these guys.

Who are they likely to start game 1?

Quote:

Cubs will have the better starting pitcher by WAR and xFIP in 5 of the 7 games.

Quote:

No Greinke, no Kershaw, and fewer Lefties is A-OK with me.

Quote:

Make them squeal like the little New York piglets they are.

Quote:

Cubs have a better rotation, bullpen, offense and bench, both at the top end and depth-wise.

The Mets are better than they were in June, but so are the Cubs.

Edited by whitesoxjr27

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 16, 2015 -> 08:54 AM)
The plastic display case enshrined Schwarber ball on top of the scorebosrd and "fly the W" flags showing up at random non-baseball sporting events like the NFL game last night will surely help to break it.

Maybe the return of Ronnie Woo Woo and the Shawon-O-Meter (Dunston).

I am not certain what encasing he ball in place where nobody can see it is supposed to accomplish as well as why it is such a big thing.

That would like putting a plaque down where Iguchi hit the home run in game two of the ALCS.

I also think Niese and Colon in the pen will be an advantage for the Mets.

I think the Mets have a slight edge in every facet of the game with Russell being out.

Edited by Harry Chappas

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 16, 2015 -> 09:21 AM)
I thought it was obvious my post was sarcasm.

Swing... dat doom reference tho. Well played.

My sarcasm meter is on a 3-day weekend. Given that half the thread was complaining about the media coverage and the fanbase, I thought people were actually playing that card a lot.

I really like the Mets chances based on their pitching and i think Mets hitters match up well against cubs pitching. With Harvey going in game 1 I wouldn't mind seeing Colon for game 2 with Snydergaard for game 3 and DeGrom game 4. With Colon throwing much slower than the other three it could throw the cub hitters off for game two.

Go Mets!

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Oct 16, 2015 -> 11:11 AM)
I really like the Mets chances based on their pitching and i think Mets hitters match up well against cubs pitching. With Harvey going in game 1 I wouldn't mind seeing Colon for game 2 with Snydergaard for game 3 and DeGrom game 4. With Colon throwing much slower than the other three it could throw the cub hitters off for game two.

Go Mets!

What about Steven Matz? He'll get a start as well, right?