Who does SoxTalk prefer to win the World Series?

caulfield12

Pick your rooting interest  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Feelings about the WS?

• Pulling for the Mets
    • Pulling for the Royals
    • Don't have strong feelings but will still watch
    • Could care less, Cubs are out so can't root against them

Here's the thing:

White Sox fans are so fickle that they wouldn't put up with the losing seasons the Cubs, Astros and Royals needed to get to where they are.

Need proof? We're currently getting our highest picks in years, the system is improving and fans calling for rebuilds are pissed that they aren't winning right now because they didn't rebuild earlier.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 25, 2015 -> 12:50 PM)
Here's the thing:

White Sox fans are so fickle that they wouldn't put up with the losing seasons the Cubs, Astros and Royals needed to get to where they are.

Need proof? We're currently getting our highest picks in years, the system is improving and fans calling for rebuilds are pissed that they aren't winning right now because they didn't rebuild earlier.

Royals fans didn't put up with losing, they avoided the ballpark as their attendance prior to the recent playoff years showed. Then, miraculously, when the team improved....so did their attendance.

We're scared of the boogeyman -- the "rebuild" word that we've never actually fully taken on. It comes down to this, what we've done these last 7 years hasn't worked. We're watching the Royals, Pirates, Twins, Cubs, Astros have success with full rebuilds. How many of these fanbases aside from the Cubs just filled the park with a losing team? We're not fickle, we've naive. Wise up people and accept alternatives exist

Just a few seasons ago when I went to a Royals Sox game we had the whole row to ourselves and nobody in the row in front of us. And the seats were about 10 rows behind the visitors dugout. About 15,000 fans at a midsummer game.

I don't see how anybody from Chicago can root for a NY team. I don't see any harm in KC winning it all. But New York? Ugh. Think of all the bandwagon fans out there.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 25, 2015 -> 12:50 PM)
Here's the thing:

And they are ready to trade or cut any young player that wasn't an instant star, so pretty much all except Rodon.

I don't really have strong feelings for or against either team. I guess I lean slightly towards the Mets because maybe the Royals winning gives them extra momentum for future seasons that I wouldn't want a division rival to have, though them winning would bother me far less than any of the other three division rivals.

They were both successful franchises during my kid/teen years so I'm indifferent as they both deserve a comeback.

Although, the Royals' window is closing soon and the Mets' window is just starting to open.

I'd say, the Royals winning would be the best option as the Mets will have the next 5 years to taunt and squash the Cubs' dreams.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 26, 2015 -> 08:23 AM)
They were both successful franchises during my kid/teen years so I'm indifferent as they both deserve a comeback.

Although, the Royals' window is closing soon and the Mets' window is just starting to open.

I'd say, the Royals winning would be the best option as the Mets will have the next 5 years to taunt and squash the Cubs' dreams.

I think their window for their pitching is just about to open. Offensively, that's another story imo.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 24, 2015 -> 03:49 PM)
The double negative police out in full force. But if you could not care less, by definition, you can/could only care more than you already do.

It's not a double negative. He's also right. The proper term is couldn't care less. It literally means you could not care any less than you do right now.

Mets.

This should be a really good World Series.

If Royals win, I have relatives that are Royal fans, so I'll be happy for them.

I want to like the Royals, but I just can't. They're full of punks. Ventura, Herrera, Hosmer, etc.

The Mets team if full of likable players. Plus, I'll be rooting for Bartolo and Uribe and even David Wright to get rings.

QUOTE (bjm676 @ Oct 26, 2015 -> 12:04 PM)
Mets.

This should be a really good World Series.

If Royals win, I have relatives that are Royal fans, so I'll be happy for them.

I want to like the Royals, but I just can't. They're full of punks. Ventura, Herrera, Hosmer, etc.

The Mets team if full of likable players. Plus, I'll be rooting for Bartolo and Uribe and even David Wright to get rings.

I know about Ventura and Hosmer but Herrara?

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Oct 26, 2015 -> 11:04 PM)
I think I'd prefer to see the Mets, but I really don't have a preference. I like the Mets pitching, and I think their situation in NY is similar to the Sox. I'm not crazy about this Royals team, but I've always liked George Brett. Great story teller, better player.

Just hoping for a good series.

The Mets really are the Sox of the NL

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 08:00 AM)
Because of their young pitchers?

I'd guess he means beyond even that - because they're a team with a ho-hum history and a fanbase besieged in their own city by a more popular team.

Except the Yankess, unlike the Cubs, have earned their popularity.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 03:22 PM)
As a Sox fan, and a Cubs hater, I believe I owe the Mets my rooting interest. Sweeping the Cubs not only knocked the Cubs out this season, but may have an effect in the future. Since the LCS went to best of 7, no team ever swept made the playoffs the next season.

Do you mean no team ever swept in the LCS? Because I know the Cubs got swept in 08 and 09.

Edited by Iwritecode