Happy Anniversary!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Oct 26, 2015 -> 12:44 PM)
Watched this alone from my dorm-lounge. Ran screaming up to the 10th floor and banged on the door of the only Astros fan I knew of.

Me too, me too.

I drove all the way home to chicago to watch game 1 with my brother and then drove back at 4:30am to get my first class at 11 the next day (missed it).

Really, really sucked missing being in Chicago for it, but did get WGN at school to watch parad.e

Watched the first few innings at McGee's (what can I say, I was 23). It was so packed and awful and hard to see the TV, so at a innings break we ran over to John Barleycorn in Lincoln Park (again, I was 23) and watched the rest there.

I had met my future wife a few days prior. She lived a few blocks from Wrigley, so headed back to her place I of course had to stop at Cubby Bear for a drink, just to celebrate on Cubs turf. Ha, what a young twenty-something asshole.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Oct 26, 2015 -> 12:24 PM)
What a day. I turned 7 the day after they won it all, on the 27th.

Needless to say, that was one of the best birthday presents EVER.

This is how I know we won the WS at least 10 years ago haha.

Turned 18 on the off day between games 2 and 3. What a time! I remember my excitement after PK's grand slam - there's nothing else like it in sports. Clinching the title was amazing too, of course, but that had a slow buildup. The slam was like a sucker punch of euphoria.

I stayed up for all of game 3 and got about 2 hours of sleep. We won the last two games of the season on the same calendar day! Holy s***!

I went to two playoff games that year, the drop third strike game and Game 2 of the World Series. I don't think I could have picked two better home games to go to. Crowd was louder after Konerko's grand slam than it was after Podsednik's walkoff. Also, when Crede hit the game-winning double the stadium was completely silent until the ball hit the wall, then it was complete bedlam. Good times. Was only 15 when it happened.

Edited by OmarComing25

I also remember crying and whining about how Aaron Rowand could not handle the slider low and outside and was ruining the series for us!

Man that was intense. We were up 3-0 and up until Jermaine Dye's hit i was miserable.