Greinke to Arizona

soxfan49

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 4, 2015 -> 08:26 PM)
How would this crush your dreams?

There are so many teams looking for quality pitching still and everyone would love to have Q in their rotation.

I don't think it's a matter of finding a suitor for Q, it's a matter of getting a good enough return for him to pull the trigger on a deal.

I just thought the d backs lined up as the best fit of a realistic trade. Would have loved some sort of package involving at least 3 of Inciarte, Peralta, Lamb, Drury, Peter O'Brein, Randall Delgado. Maybe it's not dead, who knows.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that the D-Backs are my 2nd favorite team, I'm pleased. They're the anti-White Sox: terrific offense, not so terrific pitching. A core of Greinke, Goldschmidt, Pollock, and Peralta is comparable to a core of Sale, Quintana, Abreu, and Eaton.

Edited by Jose Abreu

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 4, 2015 -> 07:46 PM)
Given that the D-Backs are my 2nd favorite team, I'm pleased. They're the anti-White Sox: terrific offense, not so terrific defense. A core of Greinke, Goldschmidt, Pollock, and Peralta is comparable to a core of Sale, Quintana, Abreu, and Eaton.

Don't the Sox also have a not so terrific defense?

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 4, 2015 -> 07:53 PM)
@Ken_Rosenthal: Sources: Greinke deal is six years, $206M. Deferrals expected.

Ha ha, beat me to it.

I'm still in awe over this but I think it's great. Would love to see the DBacks knock the Dodgers off of their NLW throne.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 4, 2015 -> 07:21 PM)
Their rotation is still not much to be desired for.

Grienke, Corbin, Bradley, Ray, and De La Rosa, Collmenter?

Very average.

If they are going all in on Grienke, then I want to see them go all in on Quintana and give us that package I made up a few weeks ago. Inciarte, Drury, Owings, and Blair.

Sox have to strike within the first two days of the Winter Meetings, prior to guys like Cueto, Samardzja agreeing IMO. Right now, Giants and Dodgers didn't want to lose out on Greinke and the Dodgers especially feel like this is an epic loss if you listen to them on talk radio along with most media in LA. You offer them Sale right now, you'll get a great offer off the bat.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Dec 5, 2015 -> 03:57 PM)
It's pretty awesome to see a small market team go big after big talent to compliment the great core they already have. Wish more "small market" teams saw the value in it.

also, it didn't hurt to have a payroll at the time of 34 +/- mil.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Dec 5, 2015 -> 08:57 AM)
It's pretty awesome to see a small market team go big after big talent to compliment the great core they already have. Wish more "small market" teams saw the value in it.

Yeah I like seeing the money go around and different teams spending. Wonder who the first player we spend like that will be on.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Dec 4, 2015 -> 08:37 PM)
I just thought the d backs lined up as the best fit of a realistic trade. Would have loved some sort of package involving at least 3 of Inciarte, Peralta, Lamb, Drury, Peter O'Brein, Randall Delgado. Maybe it's not dead, who knows.

Losing out on their #2 guy and seeing him in the same division might be the kind of thing that makes the Dodgers desperate enough to open up the vault for one of our guys?