Heyman: Justin Upton to the Tigers

Baron

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 03:54 PM)
Jim Bowden ‏@JimBowden_ESPN 1m1 minute ago

Giants deal with Cueto takes them out of Upton & Cespedes who now must concentrate on doing deals with #Angels #Cardinals #Orioles #WhiteSox

Mozeliak says they wont be making a big splash and I relatively believe him

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 03:54 PM)
Jim Bowden ‏@JimBowden_ESPN 1m1 minute ago

Giants deal with Cueto takes them out of Upton & Cespedes who now must concentrate on doing deals with #Angels #Cardinals #Orioles #WhiteSox

Cespedes to the Angels. Gordon to the Cardinals. O's resign Parra and Davis. White Sox sign Upton.

The Cards did win 100 games, though they had really remarkable luck. They're still a match for the Cubs and probably better than the Pirates with what they have.

The O's won't pony up for Upton, Angelos makes JR look like a spendthrift.

I think its basically Angels, White Sox, Tigers, maybe Rangers, Nationals and maybe the Royals (if they get real crazy) as the OF market competition.

QUOTE (daggins @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 04:07 PM)
The Cards did win 100 games, though they had really remarkable luck. They're still a match for the Cubs and probably better than the Pirates with what they have.

I think its basically Angels, White Sox, Tigers, maybe Rangers, Nationals and maybe the Royals (if they get real crazy) as the OF market competition.

I really dont see the Rangers spending on OF help. They have Choo and Hamilton out there now, need a spot for Gallo, have Brinson and Mazara in the minors...they just have too much to see them spending on OF.

QUOTE (daggins @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 11:07 PM)

the cards lost a sp who did very well and heyward. even with heyward, i really like their replacement player. but that missing SP..... really hurts. now the sCrubs did improve alot.

it is not even close now.

QUOTE (daggins @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 04:07 PM)

Not sure that's entirely true. The O's offered 7/150M to Davis so they have the money and an opening in the outfield to go with the opening at first base left by Davis. I think the O's are very much in on one of the FA outfielders.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 04:14 PM)
Not sure that's entirely true. The O's offered 7/150M to Davis so they have the money and an opening in the outfield to go with the opening at first base left by Davis. I think the O's are very much in on one of the FA outfielders.

They may have offered the money but it got pulled off the table for some reason.