OF Options

rhuesmann35

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah at this point I see no other other reasonable option than just giving Austin Jackson something like 2/$14-16M and seeing what happens. If we are still in it at the all-star break the FO can then reevaluate and make their move on a trade. The trade will be a lot more clear at that point and teams will be more willing to deal. The 3 top 40 picks will really revitalize our system and possibly make someone more expendable in a trade. At this point we really can't afford to give up the few prospects we do have.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Feb 26, 2016 -> 03:10 PM)
According to Rosenthal, Venable is at the Indians camp today.

maybe it is nothing or could be something.

i am going to take this at face value and say, good for cle to allow Venable the area to get in shape until his contract is serrle.

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 26, 2016 -> 08:20 AM)
maybe it is nothing or could be something.

i am going to take this at face value and say, good for cle to allow Venable the area to get in shape until his contract is serrle.

Venable is likely at the Indians camp taking his physical and now the Indians are waiting for the results before they make the official announcement.

To me it doesn't matter either way since I don't really have any interest in Venable anyway.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Feb 26, 2016 -> 03:17 PM)
Venable is likely at the Indians camp taking his physical and now the Indians are waiting for the results before they make the official announcement.

To me it doesn't matter either way since I don't really have any interest in Venable anyway.

and for me, i will judge this in, is he better than Avi in the OF, defensively??

i will let those posters who are really good with the advance stats to figure this out.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 26, 2016 -> 03:24 PM)
FA outfielders left are: Jackson, Murphy, RIOS, DeJesus, Raburn

Jackson to the Sox seems like the obvious fit, with the other teams supposedly interested in him looking elsewhere or being rejected. Rangers biggest threat, IMO

i want Murph .... and or raburn