2016-2017 NFL Thread

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 12:05 PM)
I'm convinced the Bears are going to take OT Ronnie Staley.

Also, I mentioned Knile Davis, Raiders also looking to trade Mychal Rivera. Leno for Rivera? We know Pace has been going hard at TE's this off season.

I think Stanley will be gone.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 03:41 PM)
Troy Renck @TroyRenck

Omar Bolden had good meeting with #ChicagoBears today. Expectation is that he will sign with Chicago... #Broncos

1 year $760 K. He's a pretty dynamic Punt Returner.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 10:46 AM)
Deonte Thompson was a pretty good KR but Bolden signing is nice. Thompson may move to punts.

You have it opposite. Bolden is the better PR. Thompson may be the KR or Bolden can just do both.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 07:10 PM)
Would you do this:

Bears trade 11th pick to the Jets for Wilkerson and the 19th pick.

That would be the equivalent of trading the ~51st pick for him. I would, I think.

Would you do this:

They have pick #20 but yes. That's the type of trade Jets would have to make. They don't have a ton of leverage. Trading Mo is tricky because they want something in return and new team has to pay him a king's ransom.

Would you do this:

I really think the Bears should look to try and trade down anyway, so if they can trade down AND add Mo, that would be incredible. I don't care if it means they have to lose Cutler and/or Jeffery next year to make it work cap wise (shouldn't have to anyway).

I would even throw in one of the Bears 4th rounders or potentially a 3rd to make that happen.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Apr 2, 2016 -> 02:52 PM)
I really think the Bears should look to try and trade down anyway, so if they can trade down AND add Mo, that would be incredible. I don't care if it means they have to lose Cutler and/or Jeffery next year to make it work cap wise (shouldn't have to anyway).

I would even throw in one of the Bears 4th rounders or potentially a 3rd to make that happen.

You would be willing to flip the 11th for the 20th, throw in a 3rd or fourth, and lose Cutler and Jeffery for a one year rental?

And let's not forget, Wilkerson broke his leg on January 3rd

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 2, 2016 -> 07:48 PM)
You would be willing to flip the 11th for the 20th, throw in a 3rd or fourth, and lose Cutler and Jeffery for a one year rental?

And let's not forget, Wilkerson broke his leg on January 3rd

This is all contingent on them working out an extension of course. Like SoCal said on Twitter, trade discussions start with his agent to try and get a deal done before any trade. If he doesn't want to extend, you obviously don't give up all that much.

The "and" in "letting go of Cutler and/or Jeffery" was a bit much I do admit. Looking at their cap situation next year, they really wouldn't even have to lose either.

All reports I've read said he will be ready for training camp. A trade down and a 4th should get it done, but I wouldn't hesitate to give up a 3rd rounder for a guy who is probably the 2nd best 5 tech in football.

That said, I will admit to having no idea how to put value on NFL trades.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Apr 2, 2016 -> 09:14 PM)
This is all contingent on them working out an extension of course. Like SoCal said on Twitter, trade discussions start with his agent to try and get a deal done before any trade. If he doesn't want to extend, you obviously don't give up all that much.

The "and" in "letting go of Cutler and/or Jeffery" was a bit much I do admit. Looking at their cap situation next year, they really wouldn't even have to lose either.

All reports I've read said he will be ready for training camp. A trade down and a 4th should get it done, but I wouldn't hesitate to give up a 3rd rounder for a guy who is probably the 2nd best 5 tech in football.

That said, I will admit to having no idea how to put value on NFL trades.

Bears have plenty of cap for Jeffery, Long, and Wilkerson (if we were to get him). Cutler's contract will come off the books in a few years most likely.

Rumors/reports saying that the Bears are the front runners for Wilkerson. Oakland just signed Smith so they may be out of it, but I don't know.

I think Pace wants to be able to talk to Wilkerson about an extension first before a trade is made.