2016 MLB catch all thread

southsider2k5

Mattingly takes Conley out after 116 pitches with a no hitter. I think that's bulls***, although the reliever is three outs away from the no no and they still may get it. You figure it'll take him 132 pitches maximum to get the no-no. I think those 16 pitches are worth the risk of a career ending injury.

Edited by greg775

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 29, 2016 -> 09:40 PM)
Mattingly takes Conley out after 116 pitches with a no hitter. I think that's bulls***, although the reliever is three outs away from the no no and they still may get it. You figure it'll take him 132 pitches maximum to get the no-no. I think those 16 pitches are worth the risk of a career ending injury.

Those 16 pitches could make the difference between three generations of his family being financially set for life or Conley having to take a real job at age 30. Stop it greg.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 30, 2016 -> 02:48 AM)
Those 16 pitches could make the difference between three generations of his family being financially set for life or Conley having to take a real job at age 30. Stop it greg.

I know.

We're in a new era. Everything is based on money today ... everything. My guess is he could have gone 16 more pitches. Do we have any scientific proof (ptatc?) that anything over 120 pitches is playing jeopardy with one's arm?

I'm glad the reliever didn't get it. I hate combined no hitters. I wonder which player you jump on and dogpile after a combined no hitter? The starter or the guy who got four outs? I'd wait til the starter got out of the dugout and dogpile on him.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 1, 2016 -> 10:29 PM)
Red Sox beat the Yankees. They come to Chicago with the second best AL record.

Go Danks! No, really. Go.

Red Sox have also had a pretty easy schedule. Last 11 against Astros, Braves, Yanks with a combined record of 22-50.

The next series for the teams right behind the Red Sox:

Tigers at Indians

Orioles host Yankees

Rangers at Blue Jays (that could get interesting)

Mariners at A's

Royals host Nationals

If the teams on the right win two out of three or sweep, while the White Sox sweep the Red Sox, you'd probably see the Sox playoff chances jump to 80+%

The next series for the teams right behind the Red Sox:

Tigers at Indians

Orioles host Yankees

Rangers at Blue Jays (that could get interesting)

Mariners at A's

Royals host Nationals

If the teams on the right win two out of three or sweep, while the White Sox sweep the Red Sox, you'd probably see the Sox playoff chances jump to 80+%

Yankees are really bad, but the other teams on the right should have a good chance of winning at least 2 of 3. As for the Sox sweep, you must have forgotten that the black hole in the rotation pitches Tuesday.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 2, 2016 -> 09:00 AM)
Yankees are really bad, but the other teams on the right should have a good chance of winning at least 2 of 3. As for the Sox sweep, you must have forgotten that the black hole in the rotation pitches Tuesday.

Wednesday. But, yeah.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ May 2, 2016 -> 10:45 AM)
ESPN cut out Schilling from the documentary about the 2004 ALCS. How stupid and petty.

I can't stand Schilling as a person, but you have to respect him as a player. Leaving him out of a documentary where he was one of the most pivotal parts is so dumb.