**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling IV Thread**

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jan 27, 2017 -> 09:08 AM)
I kinda missed this -- is this like a group thing? As in do all the losers (which I won't be one of) have to sport the same avatar, or is this individual?

I was thinking everyone has the same.

If too confusing, we can just keep the signature thing "So and So is the Soxtalk World Heavyweight Champion" in sigs for a week.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 27, 2017 -> 10:02 AM)
I was thinking everyone has the same.

If too confusing, we can just keep the signature thing "So and So is the Soxtalk World Heavyweight Champion" in sigs for a week.

It's not confusing at all...only said avatar cannot be any of Alexa Bliss' sworn enemies, or I'll have to kick some ass around here. ;)

For some strange reason Randy Orton is now the betting favorite to win the RR.

Doesn't make sense to me storyline wise, but having someone from SD winning the Rumble really shows the show is gaining a lot of momentum.

There was a backstage rumour suggesting that Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton for the WWE Title will happen at 'Mania. (Where one of them wins the Rumble, the other wins it at EC). I think that is a pretty logical rumour.

I am SUPER excited for the Royal Rumble. I haven't been this excited for an event since last years Wrestlemania (which let me down unbelievably). I am sure to be let down at this event, but hopefully not as bad.

Preview and Predictions by Rajah team: http://rajah.com/node/54706

Things I find interesting:

Reigns vs. Owens : Everybody is picking Reigns. The betting odds drastically changed last night to where Owens is now the favorite. I *really* don't want Reigns to win.... he is awful. f***ING awful. I'd much prefer he face 'Taker in a 1on1 mid card match at WM or something. Just stay away from my boy and the title (owens).

Also, I *HATE* how we've seen Reigns vs. Owens now quite often. Why do this to us WWE writers? If this match was a fresh match, I'd be more interested. In any event, it's likely here that Reigns wins, Owens and Jericho start to have problems.

Charlotte vs. Bayley:

BAYLEY IS LIFE. She is literally the John Cena of the Woman's division and means so much for the product right now. Which makes it all the more puzzling the way they are handling her on Raw. It's been said by everybody, but WTF? Hopefully, the plan is to have her fight fight fight until Wrestlemania where she becomes the hugger champion of the world! They NEED to get better stories/writing on the Bayley front. I have never rooted for a face wrestler like I root for Bayley! (I even go around my home doing her entrance). She's the ONLY wrestler that I'd consider buying merchandise from. THE HUG LIFE.

Once again, why have we seen Charlotte vs. Bayley so often on WWE lately? Why not have Bayley legitimize herself vs other wrestlers? Why can't wwe raw in the 3 hour show find a better way to build up bayley and protect bayley vs. charlotte from becoming "too much".

Styles vs. Cena : Everyone on the rajah team picked Styles which I found very suprising. I thought Cena was the favorite here. In any case, I hope Styles retains and I really don't want him to face Shane at 'Mania. Maybe Taker vs. Styles? Cool?

Royal Rumble Match: Odds on favorite is Undertaker, followed by Orton. Seems reasonable to expect one of those two to win. Not sure as of yet how I want the rumble to go down.

We haven't seen Bayley-Charlotte, not sure why you're saying we've seen it too much. Bayley also needs to keep losing for a bit before she makes a move. Probably could have started this story a bit earlier instead of the 28 Sasha-Charlotte matches to be honest.

My new pick for this thing(not really but kinda) is that Jericho wins the rumble and we get KO-Jericho for the title.

My new pick for this thing(not really but kinda) is that Jericho wins the rumble and we get KO-Jericho for the title.

YES PLEASE. IM OK WITH THIS.

We haven't seen Bayley-Charlotte, not sure why you're saying we've seen it too much. Bayley also needs to keep losing for a bit before she makes a move. Probably could have started this story a bit earlier instead of the 28 Sasha-Charlotte matches to be honest.

http://www.profightdb.com/wrestlers/bayley-8206.html

2 one on ones on Raw in December, and few other tag bouts.

Edited by iWin4Ron

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Jan 28, 2017 -> 10:57 AM)
YES PLEASE. IM OK WITH THIS.

http://www.profightdb.com/wrestlers/bayley-8206.html

2 one on ones on Raw in December, and few other tag bouts.

Not to rain on this parade, (okay fine, my goal is totally to rain on this parade), but I'd much prefer a Smackdown star win the RR. It's a superior show to RAW in practically every way and the WWE should capitalize on that and bring more attention to the brand.

Definitely confused on that ME booking but we'll see where it goes. Fun show none the less. Drunk ass Matt Riddle in the background when they showed Tyler Bate made me laugh too.

Also, as much as I haven't cared about any of the rumored mania matches, tonight really made me want to see Seth-Hunter. So well done.

Edited by Rowand44

Looks like Samoa Joe will be debuting on the main roster. I don't think he was in any of the taped episodes and obviously not on Takeover last night.

I wonder if he will get involved in Cena/Styles to set up his likely Mania match or if it will just be a rumble participant. Hm.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 28, 2017 -> 09:20 PM)
Definitely confused on that ME booking but we'll see where it goes. Fun show none the less. Drunk ass Matt Riddle in the background when they showed Tyler Bate made me laugh too.

Also, as much as I haven't cared about any of the rumored mania matches, tonight really made me want to see Seth-Hunter. So well done.

I'm just tired of hot potato title booking. It waters things down and the title wins mean less. Unless Roode is keeping belt for awhile, even beating Nak again Mania weekend.

My gf and I are betting against each other. Winner gets a back massage. You can join in, if you want, but don't expect a back massage. :)

1. 1 POINT: Nia Jax vs. Sasha Banks. (Nia Jax is that crazy fatass lady)

My Pick: Nia Jax

Commentary: In all likelihood, Jax *should* get the win. She's the dominating force that is being pushed. Problem is, WWE is bat s*** crazy with booking. Tough one to call due to that, could easily see sasha banks getting the win with the way WWE works.

2. 1 POINT: Tag Team Match: Cesaro/Sheamus vs. Luke Gallows/Karl Anderson

My pick: Cesaro/Sheamus

Commentary: If Gallows/Anderson lose, then WTF WWE? Seriously, these guys are the best legit team on Raw, just let them do their thing and kill people to set up some sort of Enzo/cass vs. Anderson/Gallows at mania. The tag teams are there for the division to work, the booking is not. The reason why this is tough to pick is because it is on the pre-show. Due to that, I pick Cesaro/Sheamus and the continual terrible booking of Anderson/Gallows.

3. 1 POINT: 3 vs. 3 : Nikki Bella, Naomi, Becky Lynch vs. Alexa Bliss, Mickie James, Natalya.

My pick: Alexa Bliss, Mickie, Natalya

BONUS: Extra 1 point if you guess which girl gets the pin for the victory.

My pick: Mickie

4. 1 POINT, Cruiserweight Championship: Rich Swann vs. Neville

My pick: Neville

Commentary: Just give the title to Neville and let him demolish people up to Mania.

5. 1 POINT, Woman's Champ: Charlotte vs. Bayley

My pick: Charlotte

Commentary: Likely easiest pick on the card. If Bayley wins, I riot! Booking has to be right, Bayley's title should start at 'Mania after getting made a fool of for a little while and picking up crowd momentum. If they give it to her here that would be utterly stupid and make the women's title feel meaningless (hot potato !)

6. 2 POINT, WWE TITLE: Kevin Owens vs. Roman Reigns

My pick: Kevin Owens

Commentary: Oh God, what a tough one to pick. So much is riding on this match. Will Vince want Reigns to go to WM being the man? Will it be Reigns vs. Taker? Or will Vince give the fans an Owens vs. Jericho for the title? Or what's the plan here? Odds for this match keep going back and forth. Tough one to call

7. 2 POINT, WWE TITLE: AJ Styles vs. John Cena

My pick: John Cena

Commentary: Another tough one to call. After last week, I have to go with Styles. They still have Elimination Chamber to screw him out of the belt if they want. Cena hasn't been on TV too long, basically made Styles look like a fool last SD. A styles win here is big for him.

8. ROYAL RUMBLE

3 POINTS IF YOU GET IT RIGHT: You can pick 1 name, and 4 numbers. Numbers have to be between 1 and 30.

Some of the best names: Undertaker, Brock Lesnar, Goldberg, Braun Strowman, Chris Jericho, Randy Orton, Bray Wyatt, Finn Balor, Sami Zyan, Samoa Joe

My pick: Randy Orton

#'s: 11, 16, 27, 28

Commentary: I was thinking between Orton vs. Wyatt vs. Taker, didn't know which one to pick. I think 'Taker shouldn't win the Rumble, that might be what they are leading at as his likely matches are either vs Cena/Reigns or an outside chance of Styles/Balor, which 3/4 of those guys are involved in the title right now, but I think they'll likely pass on 'Taker winning the Rumble. That left the only logical choice being the feud of Orton vs. Wyatt. I think Orton > Wyatt in terms of chances to win the Rumble.

Honestly, I hope it's Jericho or a young up and comer.

Also, EXTRA 1 POINT if you guess the name of the person who stays in the rumble for the longest period of time.

My pick :Sami Zyan

Edited by iWin4Ron

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Jan 29, 2017 -> 07:40 AM)
My gf and I are betting against each other. Winner gets a back massage. You can join in, if you want, but don't expect a back massage. :)

1. 1 POINT: Nia Jax vs. Sasha Banks. (Nia Jax is that crazy fatass lady)

My Pick: Nia Jax

Commentary: In all likelihood, Jax *should* get the win. She's the dominating force that is being pushed. Problem is, WWE is bat s*** crazy with booking. Tough one to call due to that, could easily see sasha banks getting the win with the way WWE works.

2. 1 POINT: Tag Team Match: Cesaro/Sheamus vs. Luke Gallows/Karl Anderson

My pick: Cesaro/Sheamus

Commentary: If Gallows/Anderson lose, then WTF WWE? Seriously, these guys are the best legit team on Raw, just let them do their thing and kill people to set up some sort of Enzo/cass vs. Anderson/Gallows at mania. The tag teams are there for the division to work, the booking is not. The reason why this is tough to pick is because it is on the pre-show. Due to that, I pick Cesaro/Sheamus and the continual terrible booking of Anderson/Gallows.

3. 1 POINT: 3 vs. 3 : Nikki Bella, Naomi, Becky Lynch vs. Alexa Bliss, Mickie James, Natalya.

My pick: Alexa Bliss, Mickie, Natalya

BONUS: Extra 1 point if you guess which girl gets the pin for the victory.

My pick: Mickie

4. 1 POINT, Cruiserweight Championship: Rich Swann vs. Neville

My pick: Neville

Commentary: Just give the title to Neville and let him demolish people up to Mania.

5. 1 POINT, Woman's Champ: Charlotte vs. Bayley

My pick: Charlotte

Commentary: Likely easiest pick on the card. If Bayley wins, I riot! Booking has to be right, Bayley's title should start at 'Mania after getting made a fool of for a little while and picking up crowd momentum. If they give it to her here that would be utterly stupid and make the women's title feel meaningless (hot potato !)

6. 2 POINT, WWE TITLE: Kevin Owens vs. Roman Reigns

My pick: Roman Reigns

Commentary: Oh God, what a tough one to pick. So much is riding on this match. Will Vince want Reigns to go to WM being the man? Will it be Reigns vs. Taker? Or will Vince give the fans an Owens vs. Jericho for the title? Or what's the plan here? Odds for this match keep going back and forth. Tough one to call

7. 2 POINT, WWE TITLE: AJ Styles vs. John Cena

My pick: AJ Styles

Commentary: Another tough one to call. After last week, I have to go with Styles. They still have Elimination Chamber to screw him out of the belt if they want. Cena hasn't been on TV too long, basically made Styles look like a fool last SD. A styles win here is big for him.

8. ROYAL RUMBLE

3 POINTS IF YOU GET IT RIGHT: You can pick 1 name, and 4 numbers. Numbers have to be between 1 and 30.

Some of the best names: Undertaker, Brock Lesnar, Goldberg, Braun Strowman, Chris Jericho, Randy Orton, Bray Wyatt, Finn Balor, Sami Zyan, Samoa Joe

My pick: Randy Orton

#'s: 11, 16, 27, 28

Commentary: I was thinking between Orton vs. Wyatt vs. Taker, didn't know which one to pick. I think 'Taker shouldn't win the Rumble, that might be what they are leading at as his likely matches are either vs Cena/Reigns or an outside chance of Styles/Balor, which 3/4 of those guys are involved in the title right now, but I think they'll likely pass on 'Taker winning the Rumble. That left the only logical choice being the feud of Orton vs. Wyatt. I think Orton > Wyatt in terms of chances to win the Rumble.

Honestly, I hope it's Jericho or a young up and comer.

Also, EXTRA 1 POINT if you guess the name of the person who stays in the rumble for the longest period of time.

My pick :Sami Zyan

I think I agree with most of this, even the Rumble at this point, only the Demon King remains my dark horse.

Only thing is I think Bayley will win, possibly with an unexpected assist, because RAW booking.

Edited by Y2HH

I love that Bayley is my favorite wrestler and I almost always root for her to lose ha.

Anyways lets play another game. There's 8 "mystery" spots in the rumble, lets try to guess all 8. My random guesses are:

1. Samoan Joseph

2. Angle

3. Kane

4. Dillinger

5. Crews

6. Ellsworth

7. TJ Perkins

8. Mysterio

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 29, 2017 -> 10:53 AM)
I love that Bayley is my favorite wrestler and I almost always root for her to lose ha.

Anyways lets play another game. There's 8 "mystery" spots in the rumble, lets try to guess all 8. My random guesses are:

1. Samoan Joseph

2. Angle

3. Kane

4. Dillinger

5. Crews

6. Ellsworth

7. TJ Perkins

8. Mysterio

Agreed with the bold. I'll go Finn Balor, and Booker T

1. Samoan Joseph

2. Angle

3. Kane

4. Dillinger

5. Crews

6. Ellsworth

7. TJ Perkins

8. Mysterio

If Mysterio comes back ill s*** myself!

Angle, I don't think so based on his health/reports.

I think finn Balor is a go.

1. Samoan Joseph

2. Angle

3. Kane

4. Dillinger

5. Crews

6. Ellsworth

7. TJ Perkins

8. Mysterio

Locks

1. Finn

2. Joe

3. Dillinger

4. kane

Guesses

5. Triple H

6. Sting (perhaps sets up Sting vs Taker at WM)

7. DBry (For fun, or it could be Shelton Benjamin here)

8. Perkins

1. Samoan Joseph

2. Angle

3. Kane

4. Dillinger

5. Crews

6. Ellsworth

7. TJ Perkins

8. Mysterio

We considering them surprises if they are on a SD or Raw roster and not hurt?

I could see Itami and Shelton Benjamin along with Tyler Bate. If Angle's music hits and he enters, my neighbors will call the cops on me for noise.

Joe and Finn are gimmes IMO.

1. Y2HH

5. Crimson

6. Kyyle23

8. thxfrthmmrs

10. Brian

12. iWin4Ron

15. Y2HH

18. Rowand44

19. Kyyle23

20. Brian

21. Soxfest

22. SoxPride18

23.Buehrle>Wood

24. Buehrle>Wood

25. SoxPride18

26. Rowand44

27. iWin4Ron

28. thxfrthmmrs

29. Crimson

30. Soxfest

We couldn't sell out this year. Still time for stragglers.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 29, 2017 -> 06:02 PM)
1. Y2HH

5. Crimson

6. Kyyle23

8. thxfrthmmrs

10. Brian

12. iWin4Ron

15. Y2HH

18. Rowand44

19. Kyyle23

20. Brian

21. Soxfest

22. SoxPride18

23.Buehrle>Wood

24. Buehrle>Wood

25. SoxPride18

26. Rowand44

27. iWin4Ron

28. thxfrthmmrs

29. Crimson

30. Soxfest

We couldn't sell out this year. Still time for stragglers.

I'll take 17, 16 and 2