Johnson Back Down

BigHurt3515

So who comes up? Are we about to get a starter from another team?

Everyone that comes up is going to be nervous that they have to be perfect in order to stick, not a great thing to have.

This is not really a serious question but; Should we just bring up Fulmer and let him face his bumps at the MLB level and learn?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 5, 2016 -> 11:50 PM)

Everyone that comes up is going to be nervous that they have to be perfect in order to stick, not a great thing to have.

This is not really a serious question but; Should we just bring up Fulmer and let him face his bumps at the MLB level and learn?

I'm guessing another reliever for next few days until the 5th starter spot comes up again.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 5, 2016 -> 11:50 PM)

I'm guess Miguel Gonzalez comes up.

And Carson Fulmer will not be called up till August/September at the earliest. Bringing him up now, could be bad not only for development but for his psyche.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ May 5, 2016 -> 11:54 PM)
I'm guess Miguel Gonzalez comes up.

And Carson Fulmer will not be called up till August/September at the earliest. Bringing him up now, could be bad not only for development but for his psyche.

Might as well try Turner first lol

Yeah I know, not a good idea but maybe he is the best option we have?

Johnson has been given plenty of chances. He's four A material nothing more. In my opinion he doesn't get anymore chances.

You can't make deals in early May but Hahn simply has got to run up the phone bill and try. He's got no other choice unless he wants to roll the dice on a kid like Adams since Fulmer isn't ready tet.

And here's the thing folks...if Latos has a good year he's gone next year to free agency. So assuming Carson steps into the rotation, YOU ARE STILL GOING TO BE A 5th STARTER SHORT.

Mark

Edited by Lip Man 1

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ May 6, 2016 -> 01:07 AM)
Johnson has been given plenty of chances. He's four A material nothing more. In my opinion he doesn't get anymore chances.

You can't make deals in early May but Hahn simply has got to run up the phone bill and try. He's got no other choice unless he wants to roll the dice on a kid like Adams since Fulmer isn't ready tet.

And here's the thing folks...if Latos has a good year he's gone next year to free agency. So assuming Carson steps into the rotation, YOU ARE STILL GOING TO BE A 5th STARTER SHORT.

Mark

Luckily we will know we need on and it will be on the top of the list for free agency. I wish we went for one this off-season

Team isn't fooling around this year. There seems a sense of urgency this year. We'll see what happens. Team needs to shrug off the Bosox series and beat Minnie and avoid a slump. We're at home. Need to win.

It's next up with Johnson sucking in his one start.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ May 6, 2016 -> 01:07 AM)

Mark

Honestly, who cares about this right now? I'm not worried about next years rotation and Latos' impending free agency. So much could and probably will happen between now and then that will change things.

Address 5th starter as soon as possible, worry about offseason and next season after this season is over

With all that said about starting pitching, all of the other teams have plenty of issues (except maybe CLE)...

Royals have Chris Young and Medlen to a lesser extent struggling, but have more depth (Duffy, Gee, Wang, Zimmer, etc.)

Indians might have the best overall rotation if Trevor Bauer can ever figure things out. Kluber, though, hasn't been the same pitcher as 2014 (granted, he won the Cy Young over Sale), and Tomlin/C.Anderson are a crap shoot at the back end in terms of stuff.

Tigers have a dominant pitcher so far in Jordan Zimmerman, two washed up pitchers in Verlander and Sanchez, a top prospect in Michael Fulmer just getting his feet wet and taking his lumps...and then Greene for now, although Daniel Norris is probably their fifth when he comes back.

Minnesota is just a mess. Hughes (5.85 ERA), Nolasco (4.05 ERA, about as expected)....Ervin Santana (currently injured) and Alex Meyer/Tommy Milone (5.79 ERA), Jose Berrios (6.75 ERA) is one of the Top 30-40 prospects in baseball and many are extremely high on him but he's been up and down like M.Fulmer and will probably have a typical inconsistent rookie year.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 6, 2016 -> 06:31 AM)
Honestly, who cares about this right now? I'm not worried about next years rotation and Latos' impending free agency. So much could and probably will happen between now and then that will change things.

Address 5th starter as soon as possible, worry about offseason and next season after this season is over

And it's not even something that needs to be worried about in the offseason. With Sale, Quintana and Rodon in the front 3 spots, we could just add a veteran innings eater or bounceback type of guy. 5 he front of our rotation is strong enough to the point where we don't need to overpay in dollars or prospects on an ace like most teams.

Who was the best Korean starting pitcher on the market and why didn't he leave the KBL?

Anyone know?

Yeah, the fifth starter thing for next year is not one of the biggest concerns...it's getting that spot in the rotation where maybe you go 2-4 instead of 1-5 every six starts.

Over the course of the year, that's a difference of -16 vs. -8, a HUGE eight game swing in the standings that will define whether we can get to the playoffs or not.

Obviously, 18-1 out of Sale/Quintana/Latos/Gonzalez starts won't continue, and hopefully Rodon will get things turned around as well, as nobody who thought we were going to be in contention had him pegged with a 1-4 record at this point in the season.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 6, 2016 -> 06:09 AM)
Johnson just will never be more than AAA filler.

I hope that the Johnson experiments are finally done with. They have brought him up numerous times all with the same results. International pitcher of the year or not...........Getting behind in counts, and a fast ball that tops out at 92 and straight as an arrow will not make it in the bigs

I am not a Johnson fan and agree with the move back down. But let's not overreact either. He was pitching against a top hitting team who the night before made Rodon look very average. Maybe Gonzalez will show better his next chance.

Edited by SCCWS