5/23 Game 2 - Indians @ Sox, in 30 minutes

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Johnson pitching tentatively again.

Always happens whenever he gets hit. Throwing his typical 88-90 MPH fastballs and 83 MPH slider, just don't have enough of a MPH difference to keep hitters off either of those pitches. Better off throwing more curveballs, IMO.

Hope it rains for 3-4 hours and wipes out that 6-2 Royals lead in Minnesota, probably won't happen.

Poor Twins. Asking price for Nolasco has to involve sending money along with AND receiving a C prospect just to sell it to the fans.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 23, 2016 -> 08:24 PM)
I want him to be good so bad. I have hope every time he comes up, not sure why anymore

Ditto. Many were excited about him when he was in the minors coming up. I still think he's a better option than Gonzalez personally but that's not saying much.

Who was the last White Sox 2B to hit 20 homers?

Did Ray Durham ever do that? Seems he was usually around 12-18, maybe later on with the A's he started trying to hit more homers as his speed decreased.

And when was the last time Avi Garcia hit 8th? Seems Ventura or Steverson are attempting to send some sort of message this week, not sure if it's registering or not.

Giancarlo Stanton, mired in a terrible slump in May, has swung and missed on 40.4 percent of swings on the season. In our database going back to 2009, that's the highest rate for a regular player. Even Mark Reynolds (Dayan Viciedo, Gordon Beckham and Avi Garcia) hasn't hit that percentage. ESPN/Schoenfield

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 23, 2016 -> 08:30 PM)
Who was the last White Sox 2B to hit 20 homers?

Did Ray Durham ever do that? Seems he was usually around 12-18, maybe later on with the A's he started trying to hit more homers as his speed decreased.

Iguchi never topped 18, did he? Rookie Alexei? Probably also 16-18...