6/4 - White Sox @ Tigers Game Thread

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Indians=Lindor, Ramirez, Carrasco, Danny Salazar, Carlos Santana, Jonny Gomes (Brazil)

Royals=Escobar, Perez, Ventura, Herrera, Orlando (originally with Sox), Carlos Cuthbert (Nicaragua), Mondesi, Jr.

We just can't come close to competing when the Tigers can buy anyone they want and the two best teams in the division are killing us and continue to kill us developing Latin American players.

It's that simple. We were fortunate with Alexei, Abreu and Q, but missed badly on Viciedo and Avi Garcia.

But hey, we're good at producing utility infielders. Carlos Sanchez and Eduardo Escobar. So there's that.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 4, 2016 -> 07:21 PM)
Ridiculous whining and expressing gloom and doom. We are in the first week of June and in the middle of a dogfight for the division lead and folks want us to fold

Lol a dogfight? What's this teams record against teams not named Minnesota in this division? Ya that's what I thought.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 4, 2016 -> 07:21 PM)
Ridiculous whining and expressing gloom and doom. We are in the first week of June and in the middle of a dogfight for the division lead and folks want us to fold

They suck. Face facts. The team we follow and want to win very badly started 23-10, and then pooped it away in 25 days.

I mean, if they want to win tomorrow, and come home and go 6-3, and then hit the road to Cleveland and Boston and go 4-3, great!

But if you're really being honest with yourself, you'd realize they aren't that good, and they certainly don't have a plan in place to get good. That's not whining. That's facts.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 4, 2016 -> 07:29 PM)
They suck. Face facts. The team we follow and want to win very badly started 23-10, and then pooped it away in 25 days.

I mean, if they want to win tomorrow, and come home and go 6-3, and then hit the road to Cleveland and Boston and go 4-3, great!

But if you're really being honest with yourself, you'd realize they aren't that good, and they certainly don't have a plan in place to get good. That's not whining. That's facts.

Exactly. Not every gloomy post is whining. That's just what people think who can't see the forest through the trees. They just aren't very good. When you suck, then every post is "whining."

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jun 4, 2016 -> 07:48 PM)
Exactly. Not every gloomy post is whining. That's just what people think who can't see the forest through the trees. They just aren't very good. When you suck, then every post is "whining."

Any .500 team can have a stretch of playing .600 or better ball for a month. Just like any .500 team can go 6-17 in the last 23 games. What I'm getting at is it's a long season, and granted having a great start to me is the second most important stretch only behind finishing strong. I was trying to not get caught up in it, I did a bit. Now I'm just coming back to realization that we're not going to be a playoff team more than likely.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 5, 2016 -> 01:21 AM)

El Rockin, this team blows. It just does. It had a good month and a week. That's it. You remain the best fan of all time to love them unconditionally. Trust us, though, this is a severely flawed baseball team (no offense, no bullpen, average defense, great starting pitching) with a terrible manager. Not a good combination. I'd suspect we finish about 6-10 below .500.

QUOTE (GhostofDickeyKerr @ Jun 5, 2016 -> 12:00 AM)
Trading Sale would be an obvious move if there was anyone in the organization who could properly evaluate talent.

Trading Sale would be a major mistake

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jun 4, 2016 -> 07:16 PM)
Let's not forget, Hahn is the genius, who, for some inexplicable reason called in a professional front office - Andrew Friedman and the Dodgers - to get Frazier.

Dealing with bad GM like Jockety was a fair fight. But he brings in a top shelf negotiator.

WTF are you talking about? They had a 3 way deal with Chapman headed to Dodgers that would have sent Frazier to the Sox. Cincinnati didn't want Trayce, Mantas, and Micah. They liked the Dodgers package better for whatever reason.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 4, 2016 -> 09:31 PM)
We started to comeback and just fell a bit short todaym I feel good about tomorrow

I'd probably feel good about tomorrow too, but I just watched the Sox lose against a pitcher who had an 0-4 record against then and a 6.00 era. They fell short because of a recurring theme of wasting away a big inning in the first, and Albers again wetting the bed. To each their own, but sorry, I can't sit here in denial thinking everything is a-ok when we see the same issues over and over again

I get that the whining and gloom and doom gets old, but at some point the whining about the whining isn't any better

Edited by captain54

QUOTE (captain54 @ Jun 4, 2016 -> 07:51 PM)
I get that the whining and gloom and doom gets old, but at some point the whining about the whining isn't any better

My preference is to be a scarcastic witty ass and say stupid meaningless s*** like, poop.

However, that innocent token towards freedom of speech hath been revoked.

Rain on my f***ing parade. Rain. Rainbow colored glitter filled rain.

With unicorns. Dancing unicorns. Sparkly dancing unicorns.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jun 4, 2016 -> 10:03 PM)
My preference is to be a scarcastic witty ass and say stupid meaningless s*** like, poop.

However, that innocent token towards freedom of speech hath been revoked.

Rain on my f***ing parade. Rain. Rainbow colored glitter filled rain.

With unicorns. Dancing unicorns. Sparkly dancing unicorns.

Sarah Palin is on the Soxtalk.com board. Wow. Cool

Edited by captain54

QUOTE (captain54 @ Jun 4, 2016 -> 08:23 PM)
Sarah Palin is on the Soxtalk.com board. Wow. Cool

You saw that 2007 interview of her talking rainbow sparkle glitter sunshine popsicles too, huh? Wow, surprised someone got the reference, thought it would be to obscure.

QUOTE (ronkark @ Jun 4, 2016 -> 06:25 PM)
robin not going anywyere. he's part of 2 year window. it's a joke. he gets nothing out of these guys.

abreu and robin show no passion.

Yes, this is the problem. Not the fact that Abreu is not hitting the baseball very well.