07/05 GDT Yanks at Sox

The Sir

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 07:36 PM)
I wonder after working with Cooper for so long if Rodon is even capable of throwing 98 anymore. Maybe his arm atrophied. Use it or lose it.

Maybe it would be better for the Sox to get a different pitching coach to work with Burdi.

He was 95-97/98 at different points his last time out.

He was really throwing hard two starts ago.

Don't get it.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yankees' radio announcers asking why Rodon throws EVERYTHING hard and why he hasn't developed a soft/er 3rd pitch, lol???

Even the slider is relatively hard...not having that 10 MPH differential you'd ideally like to see, especially when Rodon is throwing 90-93 MPH fastballs instead of 94-98.

DJ and Farmer have been after him for weeks...especially why he's intentionally deciding to throw the fastball at a much more "batting practice" oriented pace in this era of 95+ throwers.

Edited by caulfield12

Finish off the game w/ Beck & Ynoa, so you save the pen. Just have to come back tomorrow & get the series win. Braves coming in for three this weekend with Sale, Quintana, & Shields. Should be good for at least 2 of 3.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 08:38 PM)
He was 95-97/98 at different points his last time out.

He was really throwing hard two starts ago.

Don't get it.

Could be a period of deadarm. All pitchers go through at a couple of points throughout the year.

QUOTE (Insp @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 01:47 AM)
Why are none of our hitters working the count?

I wonder why in the minor leagues they don't perform an experiment. One night before bringing up somebody like Anderson I'd bat him eighth or ninth and tell him, "Tonight you will take every pitch, just to actually see what it's like to look at pitches from a live pitcher." I mean at some point guys who don't walk are going to have to learn how to take a pitch or they will not succeed. If they simply refuse to draw walks, I'd force them once in a while in the minors to take pitches to see what it's like. I love Anderson but he's not gonna succeed with this approach against big league pitching.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 07:42 PM)
Cooper has gotten him away from what made him a special talent

I think it's a work in progress. H was walking far too many and they are working on things. I bet he is going through a dead arm period. He is throwing like he is tired.

Morneau had just two at-bats again tonight, with a K. Then pulled again for a PH.

They seem to be taking it very slow and carefully with him. Assuming he'll be ready soon might be too aggressive, albeit hopeful.

At the very least, he's got to prove he can make it through 4-5 AB's in a game.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 02:49 AM)
Morneau had just two at-bats again tonight, with a K. Then pulled again for a PH.

They seem to be taking it very slow and carefully with him. Assuming he'll be ready soon might be too aggressive, albeit hopeful.

At the very least, he's got to prove he can make it through 4-5 AB's in a game.

What was his injury? Is it the concussion thing?

The Sox always act like a team content to be a game or two within .500 or over .500 cause "there's so much time left in the season." Then after the all-star break they'll hit the road for some 10-game road trip go 1-9 or 2-8 and that's that. Season done.

This team annually is the opposite of intense. It plays like a team with cool uniforms - cool. Whatever happens happens but we ain't gonna sweat.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 10:04 PM)
The Sox always act like a team content to be a game or two within .500 or over .500 cause "there's so much time left in the season." Then after the all-star break they'll hit the road for some 10-game road trip go 1-9 or 2-8 and that's that. Season done.

This team annually is the opposite of intense. It plays like a team with cool uniforms - cool. Whatever happens happens but we ain't gonna sweat.

They're not all that talented. Playing .500 baseball is what moderately talented teams do.