Todd Frazier Trade Thread: NYM?

Bigsoxhurt35

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 11:29 AM)
Given what the Sox had between Crede and Frazier, and what they currently have in the minors, I disagree.

Depends on what they want to do. Rebuilding? Lawrie moves to third, Sanchez and Saladino at second. Can live with that in a rebuild.

Contending? No way.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 10:34 AM)
Depends on what they want to do. Rebuilding? Lawrie moves to third, Sanchez and Saladino at second. Can live with that in a rebuild.

Contending? No way.

I agree. Lawrie is a decent get-me-by at 3B for a rebuilding team, but doesn't hit with enough power to play 3B for a contender.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jul 30, 2016 -> 09:58 AM)
I'm sure it's nothing, but Frazier's wife just listed a bunch of furniture and decor on social media for sale saying it all "must go". However, it's from a location in KY, so could be a coincidence in timing.

I would guess it is their residence from when he played for the Reds.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jul 30, 2016 -> 10:58 AM)
I'm sure it's nothing, but Frazier's wife just listed a bunch of furniture and decor on social media for sale saying it all "must go". However, it's from a location in KY, so could be a coincidence in timing.

If it was from a location in Chicago, I'd buy a possible trade. However, being a location somewhere other than Chicago would make me lean more towards extension than trade.

I bet it doesn't mean anything though.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 30, 2016 -> 10:28 AM)
For those that don't know the area, Kentucky is quite literally the first exit south of the ballpark, and it is WAY cheaper to live in than Ohio.

Being from Toledo, I drove through that many times. Had a detour and drove around the ballpark and back out. It's literally a hop, skip and a jump away.

Given that Frazier is on track to have his worst year in his career this year, it would be selling low on him.

His fWAR by year since 2012:

I think he's more likely to rebuild his value, and be traded @ the deadline next year.