Congrats Chicago Cubs

knightni

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 08:33 AM)
Unfortunately now the sox don't have a chance at the kids of those bandwagon fans either.

Kids are pretty fickle and change on whoever is good. The Sox did this to themselves though, they watched a team rebuild and decided to float along on the lazy river and let them rise up and build what looks to be a consistently dominant team.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 09:08 AM)
What do you mean by "change the relationship between the fanbases" and why would you want this?

Oh I dont know, maybe there wont be so much petty hatred back and forth for the others team? Its healthy to not be so bitter and have so much hate, I would think. I was cheering against them as hard as anyone but I'm glad that I dont hate them to the point that I am sitting here bitter all day. To each is own and if that is how some Sox fans are going to be thats their choice but I am relieved I dont have those feelings today. I actually have had some really nice interactions with Cub fans this morning. They werent rubbing anything in my face, they were just over joyed and relieved.

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 09:09 AM)
I am happy for my family and good friends. Not the bar bandwagon fans.

This. I've actually had good baseball conversations with some random fans and of course my friends and family who like the Cubs. But seriously, f*** the people who just see this as a reason to drink.

f*** the Cubs. That said, if their winning a title is the worst thing for me this week, I had a pretty good week.

As for bandwagon fans with the Cubs, they were already there. I doubt this adds anything to the fanbase. In fact, I really think some of those that were around for the lovable losers might jump off.

Their fan base is close to capacity if it isn't there already.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 09:20 AM)
f*** the Cubs. That said, if their winning a title is the worst thing for me this week, I had a pretty good week.

As for bandwagon fans with the Cubs, they were already there. I doubt this adds anything to the fanbase. In fact, I really think some of those that were around for the lovable losers might jump off.

Their fan base is close to capacity if it isn't there already.

I think you hit this right on the head.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 04:02 AM)
Oh my goodness. Nobody here has had a problem with the 8 billion bandwagon blackhawks fans that have emerged since 2010. gmab.

Just in case you somehow forgot, this is a diehard White Sox message board. Having you strutting around with your Cubs boner isn't playing well. Maybe you should take your shtick to a Cubs site.

QUOTE (flavum @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 09:30 AM)
Not sure if this has been talked about, but this is pretty passive aggressive stuff.

https://twitter.com/whitesox/status/794038366400413697

I don't know, it seems universally forgotten by most non White Sox fans. Last night on the CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley, they had a feature on the Cubs, showed the Bears, Bulls, and Blackhawks, but forgot the Sox. That's at least 4 national outlets that have seem to forgotten.

And if they want to go with the ESPN excuse that Cubs fans don't care about the Sox title, then if they care about all these others, they need to stop with the 108 years of suffering crap. Because since the Cavs are the only Cleveland championship since 1965 or so, for most people alive, Cleveland fans should be far more "tortured" than Cubs fans, and should be getting more of the sympathy.

Edited by Dick Allen

I'm really not that upset by this. I think it's a pretty cool thing, mostly cuz I have a lot of friends, I guess. Yes, a lot of them are annoying but whatever.

My sister is pretending to be a lifelong Cubs fan right now which is kind of funny. She's alternated between "I like both teams" and not paying attention to baseball at all.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 10:00 AM)
I'm really not that upset by this. I think it's a pretty cool thing, mostly cuz I have a lot of friends, I guess. Yes, a lot of them are annoying but whatever.

My sister is pretending to be a lifelong Cubs fan right now which is kind of funny. She's alternated between "I like both teams" and not paying attention to baseball at all.

The Cubs winning the WS won't change fans' lives, so although this will blow over and Cubs WS swag that cost $30 now will cost $10 in a month or 2, I always loved having the leverage we all just lost over Cubs fans. That's the sad part to me.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 11:02 AM)
The Cubs winning the WS won't change fans' lives, so although this will blow over and Cubs WS swag that cost $30 now will cost $10 in a month or 2, I always loved having the leverage we all just lost over Cubs fans. That's the sad part to me.

I can't really talk s*** to them anymore, but I guess I'll have to settle for "we did it first"

I feel like I am seeing more loyal Sox fans during this than I expected to see. Many that respectfully declined to jump on the Cubs bandwagon. With the s*** show that we have endured on our end of town I was actually surprised from what I have seen.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 03:02 PM)

Yep it's just another team now. Bragging rights are completely gone.

QUOTE (shipps @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 11:04 AM)
I feel like I am seeing more loyal Sox fans during this than I expected to see. Many that respectfully declined to jump on the Cubs bandwagon. With the s*** show that we have endured on our end of town I was actually surprised from what I have seen.

The "shouldn't your hometown come first" from non-Chicagoans, and people trying to pressure me into hopping on the bandwagon was annoying as f***.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 10:05 AM)
The "shouldn't your hometown come first" from non-Chicagoans, and people trying to pressure me into hopping on the bandwagon was annoying as f***.

God bless those that like them both. I wouldn't have the time or energy to be a fanatic of both. My wife thinks I spend way too much time on the White Sox, although she was pretty giddy when the Tribe tied it up last night. And I post this just about every year, what she tells me about baseball is it is just a bunch of uneducated men in silly costumes running around in dirt trying to hit a ball with a stick.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 10:04 AM)
More of a shot at the media that forgot about 2005

It was, but if they're really going to congratulate the Cubs, then congratulate the Cubs and end it. To include all of the other stuff that tweaks the media is just petty bulls*** from an organization that sucks right now.