New Beer at The Rate

TheTruth05

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Mar 12, 2017 -> 11:36 AM)
Blue moon dosent count.

100 local and regional Brands not owned by miller or InBev? That's unprecedentedly awesome!

1. In LF there were tons of craft brands, many local and some national. You had to get out of your seat to find it.

2. Modern day craft beer owes its life to Blue Moon.

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Mar 28, 2017 -> 01:32 PM)
Luckily they'll have about 100 other beers for you to chose from. They still should have a couple Miller/Coors taps there, you'll just have to find them. SouthWallace beat me to it.

There better be coors light, otherwise I dont know what I'll binge drink

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Mar 11, 2017 -> 08:49 AM)
This is another low point in the JR ownership. The team can't get a major beer sponsor on their TV + Radio broadcasts. Some people have posted that the White Sox will receive a new TV deal in 2 years. I really wonder how much the team will get from that deal. The next 2 seasons are going to be brutal and I have to wonder if the team is going to get any big offers from any TV station.

FWIW, all big beer distributors are in the process of drastically reducing their sports venue marketing investments all over the country, and have been for several years. It's not just a Sox problem, it's just a major revenue stream that is drying up.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 28, 2017 -> 08:17 PM)
I saw "Craft Cave" in the article and got excited. I'm assuming lots of Two-Hearted, Oberon and All-Day IPA.

The list came out, and holy s*** its pretty good. Obviously some will not like it all, but there is a nice selection. I personally like thats its not all IPA-based. The pilsners are a nice selection of some of my favorites. Having Oberon is a win/win.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 29, 2017 -> 08:52 AM)
The list came out, and holy s*** its pretty good. Obviously some will not like it all, but there is a nice selection. I personally like thats its not all IPA-based. The pilsners are a nice selection of some of my favorites. Having Oberon is a win/win.

I'm a huge Oberon fan, so that makes me pretty happy. Just hope you don't have to go on a hike to find it.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Mar 29, 2017 -> 10:26 AM)
I'm a huge Oberon fan, so that makes me pretty happy. Just hope you don't have to go on a hike to find it.

There also will be a new Craft Kave in right field, replacing the Miller Lite Bullpen Sports Bar, where more than 75 craft beers will be offered.

Oh its a hike to the Kave

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Mar 29, 2017 -> 11:05 AM)
Here's a list:

"Darren Rovell on Twitter: "BREAKING: @whitesox will have more than 100 beer options at the park this year, including 75 at new "Craft Kave" https://t.co/4v9lFRWCsD"" via http://TeamStre.am by Bleacher Report

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/847074619567853570

That's a nice list. Looking forward to visiting the Craft Kave this season.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Mar 29, 2017 -> 10:30 AM)
Is that the only place selling craft beers or will there be some individual stands?

Looks like there will be some around the park, but the major offering is in the bullpen bar (Craft Kave)

Yes that list is great. 3 of my favorite Pilsners are on that list.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 29, 2017 -> 10:29 AM)
Oh its a hike to the Kave

I've got to say, I'm dissapointed that they are putting this all the way down in the Bullpen Sports Bar. The only way to get there is by taking the ramps down to field level. Then if you stay in there, you end up watching the game from tv's inside the bar. At that point, I'd rather just go to a bar somewhere else and pay half of what I'm paying for a beer. Hopefully the Craft Beer selections at the stands throughout the park are still well stocked (and replacing Miller Lite with Modelo helps too).

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 29, 2017 -> 11:28 AM)
Looks like there will be some around the park, but the major offering is in the bullpen bar (Craft Kave)

Yes that list is great. 3 of my favorite Pilsners are on that list.

Which ones? I love the Mama's Little Yella Pils from Oskar Blues. In general, I've been on a Pilsner kick for about a year now. Been drinking IPAs for a decade now and I think my tastebuds finally gave out. I also really like the "Pivo" pilsner from Firestone. Their brewmaster is a fellow K College Alum.

All in all I'm quite impressed by that beer list. That's far and away one of the best I've seen and surpasses even what they have available at Safeco. One really cool thing you do at Safeco, at least in the bleachers, is buy a craft 22, so say a Rogue Chocolate stout, and for like $12 you get a commemorative cup and the 22.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 29, 2017 -> 07:22 PM)
Which ones? I love the Mama's Little Yella Pils from Oskar Blues. In general, I've been on a Pilsner kick for about a year now. Been drinking IPAs for a decade now and I think my tastebuds finally gave out. I also really like the "Pivo" pilsner from Firestone. Their brewmaster is a fellow K College Alum.

All in all I'm quite impressed by that beer list. That's far and away one of the best I've seen and surpasses even what they have available at Safeco. One really cool thing you do at Safeco, at least in the bleachers, is buy a craft 22, so say a Rogue Chocolate stout, and for like $12 you get a commemorative cup and the 22.

little Yella is fantastic. I also like Lagunitas, baderbrau, Half acre and the Revolution. I'm a pretty big fan of Pilsners, especially German ones. I'm definitely going to hit up a few Oberons though.

• 1 month later...