CHW @ KC - Game Thread

soxfan49

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim Anderson has lots of work to do. He is just way too overly agressive with everything...swinging at bad pitches, overrunning bases, trying to throw the balll before its in his mitt leading to an error. He needs to learn patience, with literally his whole game. This aggressive approach just isnt working for him. Hitting, defense and baserunning all look very premature right now...he's gonna be a late bloomer like Avi.

Edited by Scoots

I would only bring up the minor league arms if we are sure that they are bored / no use in the minors.

This team needs to tank!! It's all about what is best for the main prospects now. If they'd benefit from being up in the majors, then bring them up, otherwise keep them where they are at. Of course, I don't get paid the big bucks to make that decision. :P

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jul 21, 2017 -> 08:30 PM)
It seems line Moncada goes down 0-2 in the count in the first 2 pitches of every at bat.

I thought the same thing.

Also, Moncada is going to get a ton of IF hits with that speed. Amazing that he can make a closer play of a routine grounder to short than Tim can on a chopper to the hole at short.

In other news, I know he's gonna get plenty more time, but I personally am losing patience with TA.

QUOTE (Insp @ Jul 21, 2017 -> 10:38 PM)
You can always tell if the Sox are doing poorly sice those games result in the largest number of posts......................

bruh, moncada's bases clearing triple was good for a page by itself. Tanking isn't nearly as painful as I imagined. You bank the losses the take the f***ing #1 prospect in baseball viewing time.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 22, 2017 -> 03:37 AM)
Ricky needs to plant Anderson's ass on the bench for a few games until he gets his head out of it. wtf.....

4 physical and mental errors when running in last 3 games. Feels like this is spiraling out of control for him.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 21, 2017 -> 08:43 PM)
Anderson is hitting well since the ASB. Just needs to cut down on mental mistakes. He'll be fine

He's 6-21 with a double and a walk. It's not that exceptional and it doesn't negate the pre-ASB lousiness.