2018 White Sox catch-all thread

southsider2k5

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Coop truly is the best in the business. If he can get that collection of arms to have a 2.08 ERA over a two week period, he truly is the best. I am skeptical however that it can continue at all. Soria has had something like 4 good outings in a row and he's incapable of any more than that for sure. The rest of those guys are just bodies. Coop has again proven his value. He should have a lifetime contract. He also should be our next manager IMO. He's grumpy and that would be entertaining as well. All that media access would drive him truly insane.

12 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Coop truly is the best in the business. If he can get that collection of arms to have a 2.08 ERA over a two week period, he truly is the best. I am skeptical however that it can continue at all. Soria has had something like 4 good outings in a row and he's incapable of any more than that for sure. The rest of those guys are just bodies. Coop has again proven his value. He should have a lifetime contract. He also should be our next manager IMO. He's grumpy and that would be entertaining as well. All that media access would drive him truly insane.

sun comes up and greg has another post about the shitty bullpen....like clockwork.

11 hours ago, pcq said:

Why is everybody obsessed with Greg. 

Because Greg like to argue topics while ignoring/without understanding counter arguments. 

Example: "we should listen to offers for Abreu and only trade him for a great haul. Only another year of control, wrong side of 30, and keep adding to a great system. Great numbers. We should get some key pieces easily." Legit baseball reasons. 

Greg however: "I can't believe all of you want to trade Abreu. His numbers are great. I don't understand why everyone here hates him. My gawd." Completely ignoring key points and thinking everyone hates Abreu.

This is every Greg argument.

Edited by soxfan2014
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, soxfan2014 said:

Because Greg like to argue topics while ignoring/without understanding counter arguments. 

Example: "we should listen to offers for Abreu and only trade him for a great haul. Only another year of control, wrong side of 30, and keep adding to a great system. Great numbers. We should get some key pieces easily." Legit baseball reasons. 

Greg however: "I can't believe all of you want to trade Abreu. His numbers are great. I don't understand why everyone here hates him. My gawd." Completely ignoring key points and thinking everyone hates Abreu.

This is every Greg argument.

That's just because he wants to JUST WIN, BABY! AND it would totally be possible if this cheapskate ownership group would just STOP BEING SO CHEAP and spend $100 million or so every offseason signing the right free agents, clairvoyantly picking which free agents are "the right free agents", of course, since most of free agency is a crapshoot statistically speaking.

Edited by Dam8610

3 minutes ago, smalls2598 said:

Here's something you don't see to often....a Sox player as a leading vote getter at his position for the All Star game.  Nice job Jose!

🚨 José is leading all A.L. first basemen in the MLB All-Star Vote! 🚨 If you want to #VoteAbreu and see our guy start the game in D.C., we need your help! http://whitesox.com/vote 

DfgWtXXXkAALsqn.jpg

MLB article:

https://www.mlb.com/news/al-all-star-voting-update/c-280890574

He's most deserving this year.

7 hours ago, Dam8610 said:

That's just because he wants to JUST WIN, BABY! AND it would totally be possible if this cheapskate ownership group would just STOP BEING SO CHEAP and spend $100 million or so every offseason signing the right free agents, clairvoyantly picking which free agents are "the right free agents", of course, since most of free agency is a crapshoot statistically speaking.

So you are saying they struggle to pick the right free agents. But you trust them to pick the right players in the draft. Hmmm. You think free agency is a crapshoot; what about the draft? So they are incompetent picking free agents but they'll be better at the draft?? (Burger, Madrigal? Rodon? Hmmm).

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, greg775 said:

So you are saying they struggle to pick the right free agents. But you trust them to pick the right players in the draft. Hmmm. You think free agency is a crapshoot; what about the draft? So they are incompetent picking free agents but they'll be better at the draft?? (Burger, Madrigal? Rodon? Hmmm).

As always, skimming the replies, barely comprehending, and making a grandiose reply.  Don’t ever change, greg

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

If each is a game of roulette, the draft is the penny bet table while free agency is the high roller table, except that the payout for winning at each table is similar.

11 hours ago, greg775 said:

I'm still gonna go to a couple games this summer finally in The Cell.

You've never been to a game at the Cell? Yet you spend at least an hour a day on here spamming this board?  Some things I will never understand. 

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

You've never been to a game at the Cell? Yet you spend at least an hour a day on here spamming this board?  Some things I will never understand. 

He complains about the price of going to the ballpark, something he doesn't do lol

Edited by soxfan2014

19 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Don't you read the Buster?  He holds entire discussions on things he knows nothing about.