N. Jones

Sanchez

Farquhar

L Garcia

Bag of Ball guys even in good years

Gonzalez

Santiago

Shields

So what do you expect to happen who you keep who you trading. Personally with the way FA has been going and how the 150-200 million guys are going to drag the market I'd be interested in dealing pretty much anyone with value who projects to make decent money.

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Mar 31, 2018 -> 07:51 PM)
Avi should definitely net the White Sox something nice if he remains as productive as he has been.

So far Avi looks to have picked up right where he left off and if that’s going to be the case, I’d want to

extend him rather than trade him... unless we’re “bowled over” as KW calls it.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Mar 31, 2018 -> 11:09 PM)
So far Avi looks to have picked up right where he left off and if that’s going to be the case, I’d want to

extend him rather than trade him... unless we’re “bowled over” as KW calls it.

I really don't want to move Avi. Dude is 26 and is legitimately one of the best hitters in professional baseball. You don't want EVERY player to be rookies...having a leader like Avi when that window really opens will be worth more than some prospects. You figure the Sox will be LEGIT in 2 years, Avi is 28, in the prime of his career. Unless someone gives us a ridiculous overpay he should stay in Chicago and we build around HIM and the kids.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Mar 31, 2018 -> 10:53 PM)
I really don't want to move Avi. Dude is 26 and is legitimately one of the best hitters in professional baseball. You don't want EVERY player to be rookies...having a leader like Avi when that window really opens will be worth more than some prospects. You figure the Sox will be LEGIT in 2 years, Avi is 28, in the prime of his career. Unless someone gives us a ridiculous overpay he should stay in Chicago and we build around HIM and the kids.

Yep. Agree mr wolf.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Mar 31, 2018 -> 08:53 PM)

You say potato - I said patato.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Mar 31, 2018 -> 08:54 PM)
I?€d keep Abreu

If he continues to be Mr. Consistent, then he’s an extension candidate like Avi.

Honestly I hope both of these guys kill it for the next 3 months and we sign both to new deals that take Avi through 2023 and Jose through 2021.

Edited by hi8is

I've come a long on the idea of keeping Abreu based on everything I hear about him being the clubhouse leader. Seems like a great guy and is very productive on the field. I think he can be a productive player for years to come. Of course, if he nets some great prospects you have to take the deal, but it would have to be an excellent trade to move on otherwise I'd be very upset.

Avi is another player I'm growing on.. it's kind of a catch 22, if he succeeds this year, then he is real and you do not want to trade him... however, if he fails, then you aren't getting much in terms of trade value back. So, I feel like it's best we keep him.

Everyone else? BE GONE! Although Yolmer Sanchez is cool, he is a straight G, straight baller up in there. I've grown to like him a lot.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Mar 31, 2018 -> 08:53 PM)

Gotta have that veteran leadership, Abreu and Avi fit that. Hell, Konerko was 29 when we won it all, Dye was 31. Abreu would be 33, and Avi 28. Unless we get a crazy deal on either of them, I'm fine with keeping them...Their production works for the team.

The Sox two best hitting prospects are likely corner OF (Robert could play CF as of now I guess). Moving Avi might make some sense as the Sox should have depth there.

Don't see much in the 1B pipeline though (I would think that Davidson might learn the position). No objection to extending Abreu, unless they see signs of decline.

Don't see any reason to sign veterans for the sake of veteran leadership; get them to plug holes or shore up the pitching, based on talent need. As of now, 40% of the 25 man consists of veterans anyway.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Apr 1, 2018 -> 08:46 AM)
The Sox two best hitting prospects are likely corner OF (Robert could play CF as of now I guess). Moving Avi might make some sense as the Sox should have depth there.

Don't see much in the 1B pipeline though (I would think that Davidson might learn the position). No objection to extending Abreu, unless they see signs of decline.

Don't see any reason to sign veterans for the sake of veteran leadership; get them to plug holes or shore up the pitching, based on talent need. As of now, 40% of the 25 man consists of veterans anyway.

As major as prospects as Robert and Jimenez are I'm not one to bank on prospects, I'm all for keeping Avi regardless

QUOTE (onedude @ Apr 1, 2018 -> 01:19 AM)
Gotta have that veteran leadership, Abreu and Avi fit that. Hell, Konerko was 29 when we won it all, Dye was 31. Abreu would be 33, and Avi 28. Unless we get a crazy deal on either of them, I'm fine with keeping them...Their production works for the team.

Couldn't agree more

Not sure why so many people are so eager to ship these guys

Avilan and Jones seem like they'll be here when this team is ready to contend which I'm all for

As said before, can't win with ALL rookies

Same goes for Avi and Abreu

This team doesn't have many guys I'd ship and the need for prospects really isn't too major

That being said I'm entirely open to shipping Farquhar, Shields, and Soria most realistically for low level prospects

Saladino and Smith both seem like guys who's days can be numbered as well

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Apr 1, 2018 -> 09:45 AM)
Avilan and Jones seem like they'll be here when this team is ready to contend which I'm all for

As said before, can't win with ALL rookies

Same goes for Avi and Abreu

This team doesn't have many guys I'd ship and the need for prospects really isn't too major

That being said I'm entirely open to shipping Farquhar, Shields, and Soria most realistically for low level prospects

Saladino and Smith both seem like guys who's days can be numbered as well

You can move Avi and Jones and not suddenly become "all rookies".

And, by the way, by the time this team is ready to compete, Moncada will no longer be "a rookie". Heck, he isn't even a rookie now.

Anyone who played for the team before Tim Anderson is fair game for the right price.

Edited by Sox-35th

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Mar 31, 2018 -> 10:53 PM)

I agree with this. Avi is only 26 and after watching him for years develop at a maddening pace at the MLB level I finally get to enjoy him as a All Star caliber RF. As a season tix holder I like watching good baseball players on my team do their thing vs a Rutherford type return to ply their trade at Kanny. I understand this is a business and ultimately money talks, but if he hasnt’t bought into the Ricky/rebuild program and open to a fair extension I’ll have to live with whatever happens. Might be interesting to follow how last winter’s free agent freeze impacts extending this still controllable talent, particularly guys like Avi whose free agent years are closer to the expiring CBA.

Shields

Sofia

Jones

Above are all fair game, but my pie in the sky fantasy is the sox overshoot their pythagorean by 10 wins and compete for the 2nd wild card spot, and the organization considers part of the development for the young core is playing meaningful games in August and September-and no the sox don’t add anybody from the talent base at the deadline.

They can't take any chances with Jones holding together physically...they weren't even willing to risk that Kahnle would return back to earth (that they could actually get more of a return turning him into a closer for 2018).

Jones

Soria (middling, at best, return)

Saladino has negligible value

Gonzalez/Shields

Farquhar/Minaya/Infante

Another big question mark is Sanchez/Leury...keep both, one or neither?

Defensively you'd love to keep Sanchez at 3rd, Davidson at 1B/DH...and have someone who can play much better defense than Delmonico (although subbing in Leury will work for now, and Cordell in the future).

Edited by caulfield12