5/6 Games, Kopech start

flavum

31 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Someone who’s a little more well-versed on service time- what’s the FA year if the Sox called Eloy up now as opposed to waiting until after 5/15?

There’s no difference.  You get an extra of team control if you wait like 18 days or so into the season, so after the third week of the season it’s all the same.

i’m at kopech’s game. velocity was great but he had no command. walked five and hit two in three Innings. only gave up one hit but he was all over the place. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, thedoctor said:

i’m at kopech’s game. velocity was great but he had no command. walked five and hit two in three Innings. only gave up one hit but he was all over the place. 

Only 66 pitches though.. shocked Grudz didn't let him work through it for his development, but I've questioned a few of Grudz' decisions in the past already so I'm not as surprised. 

29 minutes ago, Tony said:

While it’s not a positive, it’s clear he’s not a finished product and is still actually fairly raw. Let him continue to work on that change up, and get a better understanding on how to actually pitch, rather than just blow heat by guys. 

Yep really hope they don't rush him. I think you would see a lot of performances like he had today if he faced major leaguers right now

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Yep really hope they don't rush him. I think you would see a lot of performances like he had today if he faced major leaguers right now

Probably true, but it seems like they’re leaning toward bringing him up soon. Might as well get him working with Coop.

Honestly, I wouldn’t mind if they waited until next April/May for both Kopech and Jimenez to get the extra year, but probably won’t happen.

35 minutes ago, flavum said:

Probably true, but it seems like they’re leaning toward bringing him up soon. Might as well get him working with Coop.

Honestly, I wouldn’t mind if they waited until next April/May for both Kopech and Jimenez to get the extra year, but probably won’t happen.

What makes you think they’re leaning to brining him up soon?

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What makes you think they’re leaning to brining him up soon?

Just some of the comments made by Kopech about what he’s looking forward to in the next month, and also Hahn talking about him...and his season up until today...and the Sox need for quality innings. 

Maybe today’s start moves that back for now. 

2 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

Someone who’s a little more well-versed on service time- what’s the FA year if the Sox called Eloy up now as opposed to waiting until after 5/15?

The middle of April is usually the cutoff for the extra year of service time, while the beginning to second week of June is usually thye cut off for Super 2.