White Sox at Reds

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Tank Commander or it's their turn ? Keeps the other guys from being overused like earlier in the season when they couldn't handle it ?

It's simple, if your bullpen is so overworked that you have to use Volstad here, then why in the hell do you pull Shields so early?

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

It's simple, if your bullpen is so overworked that you have to use Volstad here, then why in the hell do you pull Shields so early?

Never said they were overworked . Preventing them from being overworked+ Tank Commander + paid to lose which is why he won't get fired. No reason to get worked up about it. It's all according to the master plan.

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Never said they were overworked . Preventing them from being overworked+ Tank Commander + paid to lose which is why he won't get fired. No reason to get worked up about it. It's all according to the master plan.

Feel better knowing the jabronis who put the master plan together know that Ricky is awful and will upgrade when the time is right 

I don’t think that’s a terrible play by Matt. If he steps on first, there is no chance to get the guy at home. So either way, best case scenario is only getting one out. Throwing home gets the lead guy and nobody scores. 

I understand that they are up by two runs, but it’s not an awful play if Omar knows it’s a force. 

Just now, SoxBlanco said:

I don’t think that’s a terrible play by Matt. If he steps on first, there is no chance to get the guy at home. So either way, best case scenario is only getting one out. Throwing home gets the lead guy and nobody scores. 

I understand that they are up by two runs, but it’s not an awful play if Omar knows it’s a force. 

Then you don't take four running steps toward the base before you throw. Even if throwing was the right call, once you've committed to tagging the base, you have to tag the base. Basic, Pony-league fundamentals.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Yeah throw home right away then. Instead it was a play a Little Leaguer would make