Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

Good news is the rumor was that Harper to the Phillies would be resolved by today (Tuesday).  That hasn’t happened yet so maybe another team still has a shot at him.  I won’t get my hopes up but maybe the Sox fan backlash has been communicated to JR and he won’t want to lose anymore fans?

Yes Jerry, $325 million is a lot of money but think of the brand and fan building Harper would generate?  Harper jerseys everywhere.  Harper’s Homies in right field.  Just do it.

Edited by Harper2Sox

Just now, Harper2Sox said:

Good news is the rumor was that Harper to the Phillies would be resolved by today (Tuesday).  That hasn’t happened so maybe another team still has a shot at him.  I won’t get my hopes up but maybe the Sox fan backlash has been communicated to JR and he won’t want to lose anymore fans?

If only Shack would come back and add on to his “walking toward the door” post 👀

8 minutes ago, Bad Hombre said:

If only Shack would come back and add on to his “walking toward the door” post 👀

Insider rumors aren’t even important anymore at this point with Arenado resigning with the Rockies.  Even Hahn can’t argue with a straight face that another top free agent option will be available in the near future to spend the Machado money on.  Anthony Rendon?  Please.  It’s Harper or bust and if Hahn and the Sox don’t realize this, they are either clueless or just don’t want to spend the market rate for a top MLB player.  With Arenado being extended, there is now no excuse for Hahn not to spend the Machado money on Harper.

Edited by Harper2Sox
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

Is anyone in the local media or around the Sox in Arizona even asking Hahn/KW any questions about Harper? 

I doubt it matters.  After the public fiasco with the Machado negotiations and the fan backlash, there is no good reason for Hahn or Kenny to be honest to a reporter when asked a question about Harper whether they are truly interested or not.

Edited by Harper2Sox

4 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

Insider rumors aren’t even important anymore at this point with Arenado resigning with the Rockies.  Even Hahn can’t argue with a straight face that another top free agent option will be available in the near future to spend the Machado money on.  Anthony Rendon?  Please.  It’s Harper or bust and if Hahn and the Sox don’t realize this, they are either clueless or just don’t want to spend the market rate for a top MLB player.  With Arenado being extended, there is now no excuse for Hahn not to spend the Machado money on Harper.

And yet Rendon has been the far more valuable player of the two over the past 3 years...

Everything I've seen says they've moved on and are focusing on the upcoming season.

Everything has been tainted by this offseason.  Every positive article about this team just leaves an unnerving feeling that it's pablum designed to enthrall the less initiated.  I'm a huge fan of this team and organization but I can't deny that I've been sent to levels I never thought I'd get to as a Sox fan. 

Much has come to light in regards to ownership and front office operations that just stinks this offseason. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Worldbreaker Palk said:

Everything I've seen says they've moved on and are focusing on the upcoming season.

Everything has been tainted by this offseason.  Every positive article about this team just leaves an unnerving feeling that it's pablum designed to enthrall the less initiated.  I'm a huge fan of this team and organization but I can't deny that I've been sent to levels I never thought I'd get to as a Sox fan. 

Much has come to light in regards to ownership and front office operations that just stinks this offseason. 

It's pretty depressing when even Palk Smash has been neutered by the never-ending stream of bad news.

14 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

And yet Rendon has been the far more valuable player of the two over the past 3 years...

And he’ll be 30 by the time he plays for us, if the Nationals don’t extend him or if Hahn is even able to sign him next offseason .  No thanks, I’ll take the 26 year old that will put up the stats and bring more fans and publicity to the Sox.  Rendon will only do one of those things.

Edited by Harper2Sox

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

It's pretty depressing when even Palk Smash has been neutered by the never-ending stream of bad news.

It's that and the realization that we will never have another transcendent talent to root for unless they get lucky on a guy.  I know we aren't the only team that has to suffer that but knowing that it's MY team in that boat is so dissatisfying.  Even if they develop a transcendent talent they just proved they will never have him beyond his rookie deal.  It's the absolutes that revealed themselves through these processes that is most depressing.

1 minute ago, Harper2Sox said:

And he’ll be 30 by the time he plays for us, if Hahn is even able to sign him next offseason.  No thanks, I’ll take the 26 year old that will put up the stats and bring more fans and publicity to the Sox.  Rendon will only do one of those things.

Your previous post implies Rendon is a scrub. He’s been one of the best players in baseball over the past 3 years.

14 minutes ago, fathom said:

Their public stance is they’re out...what more is there to ask them?

I would ask them why they are out. Hahn spoke of this offseason as being a chance to add major impact talent. There is still impact talent out there to sign. The Sox flew people out to Vegas to meet with him in December. Why were they interested then but not now? 

4 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Your previous post implies Rendon is a scrub. He’s been one of the best players in baseball over the past 3 years.

He just doesn’t move the needle for me when factoring in his age, power, and lack of star power.  I never said he was a scrub but I wouldn’t want him over any of the trio of Machado, Harper, and Arenado and one of these three guys is still available.

Edited by Harper2Sox