yesterday333

Machado signs with Padres 10/300

18 minutes ago, Princess Dye said:

Due to the Machado saga I am unable to perform in da bedroom

What was your excuse last offseason?

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Greek-konerko said:

This machado saga damaged my mental health my marriage my sleep my job. Enough this has to end. Hahn and jr must decide or move on to other moves

my wife left me

9 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Hector......

Hector may very well be Sox fans favorite reporter if this deal comes together. He has continued to suggest Machado is going to the Sox. 

1 minute ago, Whitesox27 said:

I'm praying that Hector is right because if not, it's going to be Dan Clark all over again 

I doubt it, Hector has only expressed what he thinks might happen. Unlike Clark which gave out specific dates. Hector has also been right in the past. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

I'm praying that Hector is right because if not, it's going to be Dan Clark all over again 

Well it wouldn't exactly be his fault if a team entered last minute and threw a huge offer down on the table that beat ours.

Also, he's not being a total douche bag about the whole thing so there is that.

Edited by soxfan2014

4 minutes ago, EL1 said:

I doubt it, Hector has only expressed what he thinks might happen. Unlike Clark which gave out specific dates. Hector has also been right in the past. 

Hector also isn't a jackass like Dan Clark, but I'm afraid Sox fans are going to turn on him real quick if he's wrong

5 minutes ago, EL1 said:

Agreed -- these are completely different situations.

Seems like Hector is speculating and letting it be known that it is of his opinion.

Dan Clarke was stating it was a fact and promoting his knowledge like he knew things that no one else did and deserved massive credit for it. 

19 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

This isn't even a message board anymore, it's a support group.

My name is Derek and I'm a soxaholic.

2 hours ago, ptatc said:

34 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

Hector may very well be Sox fans favorite reporter if this deal comes together. He has continued to suggest Machado is going to the Sox. 

PhotoEditor_20190212_110734955.jpg

20 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

I'm curious, has anyone seen if Yankees fans are giving Hector the same treatment that we have Dan Clark?

4 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

I'm curious, has anyone seen if Yankees fans are giving Hector the same treatment that we have Dan Clark?

Has Hector made any comments that are even comparable to Dan Clarke? I think this is very poor take developing in this thread.

On one hand we have a reporter speaking opinions on the situation (Hector) and on the other we had a reporter stating confirmations that Manny would be a Yankee with certainty. It's not comparable. 

5 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

yes they are

1 hour ago, Eminor3rd said:

HAVE YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW BEEN AFFECTED BY THE MACHADO SAGA? IF SO, YOU COULD BE ELIGIBLE FOR LEGAL COMPENSATION. THE FIRST CALL IS ALWAYS FREE AND REMEMBER:

I DONT GET PAID

UNLESS YOU GET PAID

WHAT IS THE PHONE NUMBER??!?*?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Well it wouldn't exactly be his fault if a team entered last minute and threw a huge offer down on the table that beat ours.

Also, he's not being a total douche bag about the whole thing so there is that.

Yes. Hector reported the Sox had an offer and were likely to win. He hasn't shifted from that. Dan Clark made stuff up, guaranteed the Manny would sign with the Yankees based on "sources," and set a date for the press conference which was scheduled. Not similar.

8 minutes ago, Orlando said:

im at work, is anyone able to catch this?

Nah, don't want to tune in to hear Kaplan ask him his favorite thing about Wrigley, if he still roots for the Cubs, and if his greatest regret in life was that he never got to play for the Cubs.

Edited by Roughneck
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

This isn't even a message board anymore, it's a support group.

Hello, my name is southsider2k5. I last searched Soxtalk for Machado news 18 seconds ago. 

1 minute ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Has Hector made any comments that are even comparable to Dan Clarke? I think this is very poor take developing in this thread.

On one hand we have a reporter speaking opinions on the situation (Hector) and on the other we had a reporter stating confirmations that Manny would be a Yankee with certainty. It's not comparable. 

He may not be as direct with his certainty, but Hector sure seems to latch onto any Machado/Sox nugget and have a "hey look at this *wink wink*" comment on it. I get the impression that he's really hooked into the idea that Machado is going to the Sox and everything he tweets about is a soft effort to say "look at my info, I'm right".

32 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Nah Hector hasn’t been a massive dbag nor has he literally bet his livelihood on it. If ole Dan didn’t do that he’d be fine. 

Edited by mqr

12 minutes ago, Orlando said:

im at work, is anyone able to catch this?

I can’t wait until Kaplan gets taken over to Cubs State TV and I never have to see his ugly mug ever again. 

• Like 1

Jon Morosi said on hot stove that Hector gomez has been doing a good job reporting for machado stuff. Morosi talked about Hector reporting on the 8yr/250 offer and said that no one has come out to debunk that offer. He said that at this point its probably to guess that the offer might be right.