Jump to content
Jack Parkman

Sox Therapy Thread-Enter at your own risk

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, greg775 said:

If and when Machado gets hurt, ditto Harper, the complaints will stop. Most free agents are NOT worth the $$$ obviously. It takes no genius to see that. How many times do we laugh at Tigers "being stuck" with contract of Miggy? I am not in favor of mega deals. I want the regular free agents. The only thing that angered me about Manny/Harper is the Sox perpetrated a lie on both. They had no interest in signing either for realistic money, folks.

OMG I actually agree with Greg here for the most part. The only thing is that ESPECIALLY the deal that Machado signed had a chance to be worth the money. There's probably going to be 2-3 bad years at the end of it but he's going to be worth it for the first 7-8 years, and that is worth the 2 bad years at the end. I wouldn't have structured the Harper deal the way they did, I would have structured it with 300M over the 1st 10 years and 10M annually over the final 3 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

 OMG I actually agree with Greg here for the most part. The only thing is that ESPECIALLY the deal that Machado signed had a chance to be worth the money. There's probably going to be 2-3 bad years at the end of it but he's going to be worth it for the first 7-8 years, and that is worth the 2 bad years at the end. I wouldn't have structured the Harper deal the way they did, I would have structured it with 300M over the 1st 10 years and 10M annually over the final 3 years. 

I'll say this again, it's not even missing  them that hurts, it's the way in which they missed that is so aggravating/concerning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mqr said:

I'll say this again, it's not even missing  them that hurts, it's the way in which they missed that is so aggravating/concerning.

Completely agree. I'm not even mad they missed. I'm mad HOW they missed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2019 at 6:52 PM, soxfan49 said:

In what way was the Sox offer superior?

 He was making fun of Kenny Williams who basically said both those things which contradict each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2019 at 1:56 AM, Jack Parkman said:

OMG I actually agree with Greg here for the most part. The only thing is that ESPECIALLY the deal that Machado signed had a chance to be worth the money. There's probably going to be 2-3 bad years at the end of it but he's going to be worth it for the first 7-8 years, and that is worth the 2 bad years at the end. I wouldn't have structured the Harper deal the way they did, I would have structured it with 300M over the 1st 10 years and 10M annually over the final 3 years. 

Pretty sure I'd be on board for Miggy's aged 26 - 36 seasons.  You know, the ones where he was an absolute monster for 6 straight years, multiple MVPs, triple crowns.  That stuff's pretty neat.

"Well, well, these guys are going to suck in the 2027 season!!!!'" is the stupidest possible argument and gives to much credit to this garbage front office and ownership.  I could give less of a shit about the 2028 payroll if you have a HoF player in his prime to combine with your (hopeful) young talented core.  Not to mention 25m in 2028 isn't going to be the same as in 2019.

This franchise as currently constructed has a ~5-6 year window to win and they needed to maximize the chance at that by spending money.  They have proven over multiple decades that they cannot draft, scout, or develop players.  The likelihood of having a solid farm system & young core ever again after this batch runs out is about 0% when you don't have HoF/amazing contract players to trade for other team's assets.

FU forever Reinsdorf you cheap bastard.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jenksycat said:

Pretty sure I'd be on board for Miggy's aged 26 - 36 seasons.  You know, the ones where he was an absolute monster for 6 straight years, multiple MVPs, triple crowns.  That stuff's pretty neat.

"Well, well, these guys are going to suck in the 2027 season!!!!'" is the stupidest possible argument and gives to much credit to this garbage front office and ownership.  I could give less of a shit about the 2028 payroll if you have a HoF player in his prime to combine with your (hopeful) young talented core.  Not to mention 25m in 2028 isn't going to be the same as in 2019.

This franchise as currently constructed has a ~5-6 year window to win and they needed to maximize the chance at that by spending money.  They have proven over multiple decades that they cannot draft, scout, or develop players.  The likelihood of having a solid farm system & young core ever again after this batch runs out is about 0% when you don't have HoF/amazing contract players to trade for other team's assets.

FU forever Reinsdorf you cheap bastard.

 

A quality rant.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am very upset the White Sox will host a "gay pride" day again at their park on July 23rd.  This is a kids game and this sort of political ideology should not be at our ballpark where many kids attend.  The Sox should not be promoting homosexuality, as many innocent kids that day may become interested in homosexuality because of the White Sox showing scandal and promoting such a thing. They should just stick to an anti-bullying day. I was very close to abandoning this team because of this, but I hope to work for some change from within while still rooting for the Sox.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

I am very upset the White Sox will host a "gay pride" day again at their park on July 23rd.  This is a kids game and this sort of political ideology should not be at our ballpark where many kids attend.  The Sox should not be promoting homosexuality, as many innocent kids that day may become interested in homosexuality because of the White Sox showing scandal and promoting such a thing. They should just stick to an anti-bullying day. I was very close to abandoning this team because of this, but I hope to work for some change from within while still rooting for the Sox.

Big yikes at this post.

Edited by DirtySox
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chisox378 said:

I am very upset the White Sox will host a "gay pride" day again at their park on July 23rd.  This is a kids game and this sort of political ideology should not be at our ballpark where many kids attend.  The Sox should not be promoting homosexuality, as many innocent kids that day may become interested in homosexuality because of the White Sox showing scandal and promoting such a thing. They should just stick to an anti-bullying day. I was very close to abandoning this team because of this, but I hope to work for some change from within while still rooting for the Sox.

Ask the PR dept if they'll have a dedicated anti-gay section in the park where you guys can smash some people that get too close maybe?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, jenksycat said:

Ask the PR dept if they'll have a dedicated anti-gay section in the park where you guys can smash some people that get too close maybe?

You are twisting what I am saying to say that I believe in hurting someone that has same sex attraction. No, all people are welcome at the park, but the organization shouldnt push homosexuality by promoting a "pride day."

 

They can have an anti-bullying day to cover all types of bullying.

Edited by Chisox378
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chisox378 said:

I am very upset the White Sox will host a "gay pride" day again at their park on July 23rd.  This is a kids game and this sort of political ideology should not be at our ballpark where many kids attend.  The Sox should not be promoting homosexuality, as many innocent kids that day may become interested in homosexuality because of the White Sox showing scandal and promoting such a thing. They should just stick to an anti-bullying day. I was very close to abandoning this team because of this, but I hope to work for some change from within while still rooting for the Sox.

I'm sure there's a "cro-magnon.com" message board somewhere where you can post this kind of uninformed and non-evolved point of view.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chisox378 said:

I am very upset the White Sox will host a "gay pride" day again at their park on July 23rd.  This is a kids game and this sort of political ideology should not be at our ballpark where many kids attend.  The Sox should not be promoting homosexuality, as many innocent kids that day may become interested in homosexuality because of the White Sox showing scandal and promoting such a thing. They should just stick to an anti-bullying day. I was very close to abandoning this team because of this, but I hope to work for some change from within while still rooting for the Sox.

I implore you to reconsider this fine idea, I hate to break it to you but you aren't going to change shit.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kalapse said:

I implore you to reconsider this fine idea, I hate to break it to you but you aren't going to change shit.

I agree.  If you don't want to be a Sox fan because they public support gay rights and pride, well, I won't be sad to see you go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I respect you and your opinions but it hurts to see our organization, and the one I love so much scandalize not only the adults but especially the young. I will stick around. I still believe in Gospel values, not progressive false ideas. I will leave it there for now.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Chisox378 said:

I am very upset the White Sox will host a "gay pride" day again at their park on July 23rd.  This is a kids game and this sort of political ideology should not be at our ballpark where many kids attend.  The Sox should not be promoting homosexuality, as many innocent kids that day may become interested in homosexuality because of the White Sox showing scandal and promoting such a thing. They should just stick to an anti-bullying day. I was very close to abandoning this team because of this, but I hope to work for some change from within while still rooting for the Sox.

Can we ban this clown?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

I respect you and your opinions but it hurts to see our organization, and the one I love so much scandalize not only the adults but especially the young. I will stick around. I still believe in Gospel values, not progressive false ideas. I will leave it there for now.

Did you miss, " Judge not, that ye be not judged.  For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"

OR

"For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become accountable for all of it. "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

"For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become accountable for all of it. "

Exactly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

I respect you and your opinions but it hurts to see our organization, and the one I love so much scandalize not only the adults but especially the young. I will stick around. I still believe in Gospel values, not progressive false ideas. I will leave it there for now.

What in the world are “progressive false ideas”?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chisox378 said:

Exactly!

And as you sit here in judgement, you are now just as guilty of sin as anyone else.  Congrats.  You now own your one way ticket to hell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

Maybe you should be banned for profanity?

Is clown a bad word now?

Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

I respect you and your opinions but it hurts to see our organization, and the one I love so much scandalize not only the adults but especially the young. I will stick around. I still believe in Gospel values, not progressive false ideas. I will leave it there for now.

The irony is that if you truly believed (or understood) "gospel values", then you'd be 100% in favor of what the Sox are trying to accomplish through a gay pride night.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×