3 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I thought you were going to type and then wait 30 minutes to post from here on. That lasted, what, 4 days?

No this is a real thought. I've been thinking about this one since the game ended. It's still valid. Not an overreaction. This was Marc Trestman level bullshit today. 

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I'm not sure I dump Pace and Nagy 1 year after a solid playoff run, but I am open to other QB options right now, with them on the clock. 

For shits and giggles let's assume the Bears finish 7-9 this year. The Bears will have been 21-41 in Pace's other 4 seasons besides last year, and 33-45 overall(5 seasons) That's worthy of a firing. His two chosen QBs(supposedly) were Trubisky and Mariota. That's worthy of a firing. There is no reason to handcuff the new GM with Nagy, so let the new guy pick his own coach. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Wow Josh Allen is actually slowly surely coming around while Mitch has already peaked. Maybe the Astros could salvage his career. 

11 minutes ago, pcq said:

Wow Josh Allen is actually slowly surely coming around while Mitch has already peaked. Maybe the Astros could salvage his career. 

It's amazing what happens when you have an offensive line that actually blocks.

It would be nice to see the Bears line actually open a hole for an RB. I don't think I've seen one all year. My seats are in the south end zone so you can see when holes open or not.

1 hour ago, pcq said:

Josh Allen had a meh day against the Dolphins. They're the only team that could make him look semi-competent. 

A lot of young QBs are getting exposed recently, especially Goff and Wentz. Neither are anywhere close to the Franchise QBs that they're cracked up to be. Even Mahomes and Watson aren't as good as they were in 2018. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, ptatc said:

It's amazing what happens when you have an offensive line that actually blocks.

It would be nice to see the Bears line actually open a hole for an RB. I don't think I've seen one all year. My seats are in the south end zone so you can see when holes open or not.

The strange part of all of this, is that Nagy seems to have no plan. Ive seen teams with bad lines before figure out ways to make things happen. But for a coach who is supposed to be an offensive guy, he really just lets the offense stagnate.

Bubble screen to Cohen? Screen passes? Fly sweeps? These are all the type of things that are done to take advantage of the defense when they are getting up field to fast. 

Another problem is that Trubisky is completely adverse to check downs. Many times there are rbs who can get 5 yard passes and he goes downfield. 

Its a hard team to watch on offense right now, and it starts at the top. 

7 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

So is everyone willing to admit that Trubisky sucks, the defense is overrated and Pace and Nagy should be whacked in January yet? 

I'm willing to admit he sucks like most QB's when he doesn't have time to throw. The biggest difference in the team is the poor play of the OL. At least last year he could run when he couldn't find a receiver , he doesn't even have a pocket to run from this year.

11 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

No this is a real thought. I've been thinking about this one since the game ended. It's still valid. Not an overreaction. This was Marc Trestman level bullshit today. 

I think this is the key word: "today." That was the first time, IIRC, Nagy's lost by more than 10. I could be wrong. Point I'm getting at is why I can see them firing Pace for the reasons you listed above, I don't think I'd fire Nagy yet. Even if they go 6-10 this season, he would be 18-14 after two years, and while I know that makes him a lame duck going into 2020, that's no longer a big deal and it happens quite often now. Nagy isn't a dumb guy so I'm sure he knows Trubisky stinks. The only way I can see him sticking around is if he and Pace agree to let Pace do the draft like usual except the one pick where they take a QB, it's Nagy's choice.

As for Trubisky, yes he sucks. I've done my best to remain optimistic but he's just not good and I can't see him ever being good.

The defense being overrated? I don't think so. I think Hicks is the guy who brings a nastiness and probably is the glue guy. Right now, all they have is Mack who can rush the passer. I know they beat MIN without Hicks but that may have been pure adrenaline + MIN's OL isn't very good. Floyd, as I saw someone put in another forum, is as useless as tits on a bull. Irving and Lynch are horrendous. Roquan looks like he hasn't gotten much better this year and Jackson isn't near the football as much now. So yes, perhaps a tad overrated but they had a great first 4 weeks.

Even seeing Trevor Lawrence struggle in his second year (a bit), you just can't evaluate a QB with just one year starting in college.Defenses took away all of Trubisky's comfort plays, and he just cannot adjust.

It sucks, there is no easy path forward for bears. Andy Dalton has to be the move. He has a very reasonable deal.

If the Bears are done with Trubisky, you have to fire the GM right?  He traded up to the 2nd overall spot and took a bad QB and passed on two superstar qb's. 

Not to mention some of his other mistakes.  The whole RB situation, Anthony Miller looks like a 2nd round bust.  Overpaid average players, Burton and Gabriel. 

The way he has drafted in general has been more bad than good.  He trades away a lot of picks to move up.

Edited by GoSox05
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

If the Bears are done with Trubisky, you have to fire the GM right?  He traded up to the 2nd overall spot and took a bad QB and passed on two superstar qb's. 

Not to mention some of his other mistakes.  The whole RB situation, Anthony Miller looks like a 2nd round bust.  Overpaid average players, Burton and Gabriel. 

The way he has drafted in general has been more bad than good.  He trades away a lot of picks to move up.

That would be a mistake.  That defense as built is pretty darn good and he didn't start with much.  You just don't fire a GM when they build a team like last year's.

It's up to Pace to pull the plug on Trubisky early.

Edited by Eloy Jiménez

23 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

It starts with him, yea. I don't think the Bears will part ways with Pace yet but if Trubisky busts (which is all but true now) then they have to roll with a veteran QB and give Nagy a chance to prove he's not part of the problem as well. I honestly do believe Nagy has some underlying issues as well but I wouldn't be opposed to letting him get 1 more season with an acquirable vet (not using draft capital which will be tough to pull anyway)

Pace should be gone just based on his draft misses.

Edited by TheTruth05

34 minutes ago, bmags said:

Even seeing Trevor Lawrence struggle in his second year (a bit), you just can't evaluate a QB with just one year starting in college.Defenses took away all of Trubisky's comfort plays, and he just cannot adjust.

It sucks, there is no easy path forward for bears. Andy Dalton has to be the move. He has a very reasonable deal.

Dalton is probably an upgrade but not much. It's worth questioning whether he would be a significant difference maker 

24 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

Don't forget Shaheen being bad.

Burton led the team in TD's last year. He's just kind of a p**** as it turns out and Gabriel, imo, is actually pretty good. Stats say he catches everything. Unfortunately he gets nothing thrown his way. Agree on Miller. He's incredibly aggravating. Floyd also blows

Edited by soxfan49

4 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Dalton is probably an upgrade but not much. It's worth questioning whether he would be a significant difference maker 

Don't forget Shaheen being bad.

Burton led the team in TD's last year. He's just kind of a p**** as it turns out and Gabriel, imo, is actually pretty good. Stats say he catches everything. Unfortunately he gets nothing thrown his way. Agree on Miller. He's incredibly aggravating. Floyd also blows

Dalton is a much better qb than trubisky but at the very least has a much higher floor. His offensive talent now is terrible.

11 minutes ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

That would be a mistake.  That defense as built is pretty darn good and he didn't start with much.  You just don't fire a GM when they build a team like last year's.

It's up to Pace to pull the plug on Trubisky early.

He built a good defense, but it seems like he built it for a two or three year run and to get to that it cost a ton of cap space and draft capital to do so.

They have several free agents on defense for next year, HaHa and Trevathan.   They have to figure out what to do with Floyd, he is due for an increase in salary or you let him go and replace him with who?  Still have to pay Eddie Jackson, who will want to be one of the highest paid safeties in football. Probably around 12-14 per year. 

He has limited draft picks to replace players next year and he may need to trade for or sign a QB, that is going to cost 15 million plus next year.  Dalton makes 17 million a year and you have to trade for him.

If you keep him, he has his work cut out for himself.

38 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

How much of this has to do with Mitch and a really bad O-line, though? 

Either way, this whole thing is spiraling out of control. They are 3-3 but I honestly can't think of a worse start to the season based on where this team is right now, it's a total disaster. 

Just now, Tony said:

Either way, this whole thing is spiraling out of control. They are 3-3 but I honestly can't think of a worse start to the season based on where this team is right now, it's a total disaster. 

He built that OL, so if the OL is bad it's his fault as well. 

He paid Whitehair a ton of money.  Traded up to get Daniels.  I'm not sure Leno should be at LT, Massie is ok for RT, but is making a ton and they have no RG. 

4 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

He built a good defense, but it seems like he built it for a two or three year run and to get to that it cost a ton of cap space and draft capital to do so.

They have several free agents on defense for next year, HaHa and Trevathan.   They have to figure out what to do with Floyd, he is due for an increase in salary or you let him go and replace him with who?  Still have to pay Eddie Jackson, who will want to be one of the highest paid safeties in football. Probably around 12-14 per year. 

He has limited draft picks to replace players next year and he may need to trade for or sign a QB, that is going to cost 15 million plus next year.  Dalton makes 17 million a year and you have to trade for him.

If you keep him, he has his work cut out for himself.

They'll definitely keep him. 

I'm starting to think Kaepernick would be a decent choice.

Just now, GoSox05 said:

He paid Whitehair a ton of money.  Traded up to get Daniels.  I'm not sure Leno should be at LT, Massie is ok for RT, but is making a ton and they have no RG. 

They're scheming guys open and Mitch is missing them.  I think the O line is fine, the defense is good, the offensive tools should be better, but the play calling and QB play are problematic.

1 minute ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

They'll definitely keep him. 

I'm starting to think Kaepernick would be a decent choice.

:lolhitting The owners won't let anyone sign him.

Just now, GoSox05 said:

But that's not really what you were saying. The players themselves, Montgomery, Miller, Burtron, Gabriel.....I don't consider them "problem spots" but if you have a better QB and/or QB, those players aren't issues. 

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

:lolhitting The owners won't let anyone sign him.

That's a shame.  If I'm the Bears, I do it.  I don't care about owners, it's about winning.

8 minutes ago, Tony said:

The OL stinks but they were fine yesterday

1 minute ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

That's a shame.  If I'm the Bears, I do it.  I don't care about owners, it's about winning.

If there's one thing that all 30 owners care about more than winning it's punishing Kaepernick for what he did.