NCAA football thread 2019-2020

• 3 months later...

Illinois DE Bobby Roundtree had spinal surgery after a swimming incident.  Sounds like he dove into too shallow water or something like that.  He's a class act kid, really, really hope he's ok.  Those injuries can be scary for his life much less football.  

• 2 months later...

Illinois Normal travels to Northern Illinois for a 6:00 matchup between state super-powers. I will have my 4K IMax widescreen cloud broadcast ready for the neighborhood via ESPN Minus.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2019 at 11:56 AM, bigruss said:

This weekend is huge, which is amazing.  But knowing Illinois and our def against spread/RPOs we'll get slaughtered.

Yeah, I'd like to hope it was a breakthrough, but it was likely just Lovie matching up better with a simple run offense and a few careless mistakes by Wisconsin.

On 10/25/2019 at 3:32 PM, LittleHurt05 said:

Yeah, I'd like to hope it was a breakthrough, but it was likely just Lovie matching up better with a simple run offense and a few careless mistakes by Wisconsin.

Well, they followed up well.  Take care of business vs Rutgers and we have a great shot at going bowling.  MSU, Iowa, NW are all vulnerable, should be able to get 1 out of those 3 if the D keeps playing like this.

46 minutes ago, bigruss said:

Well, they followed up well.  Take care of business vs Rutgers and we have a great shot at going bowling.  MSU, Iowa, NW are all vulnerable, should be able to get 1 out of those 3 if the D keeps playing like this.

Dont think beating iowa in kinnick is very realistic but should be favored vs nu/rutgers. Msu averaging 5 ppg in their last 3 games. Definitely beatable but they're a bit of a wild card.