bmags

Tax Day: Sox v. Royals (P: E. Santana)

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If he keeps this up it will be a steal.  Omar Narvaez is simply not a major league catcher.

Yeah, whatever they get for Colome at the deadline>>>what they'd get for Narvaez. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yeah, whatever they get for Colome at the deadline>>>what they'd get for Narvaez. 

Hindsight is a hilarious thing. This board was melting over it.

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

I hated Narvaez, thought he was a DH so I was fine with it, as long as Colome pitched well this year. They might be able to get Happ from the Cubs or something like that. 

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

I think it was pretty much split down the middle, but it was pretty much a love / hate type trade.

Boxberger and Erwin both lobbed pitches up there on the homers that Fathom could have jacked out of the park. Wow that Boxberger guy is a stiff. Ditto poor Erwin S.

8 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Boxberger and Erwin both lobbed pitches up there on the homers that Fathom could have jacked out of the park. Wow that Boxberger guy is a stiff. Ditto poor Erwin S.

Boxberger really got lit up inn second half of 2018.  Rockies tattooed him.

41 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

They will not be trading Colome at the deadline. They are planning to be competitive next year. They need to start keeping the good players.

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

They will not be trading Colome at the deadline. They are planning to be competitive next year. They need to start keeping the good players.

Colome is only under control for another year after this one.  Trade him and sign someone in the offseason to close. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Do you really expect this team to be competitive next year?

We have guys in the pipe that are slated as high leverage relievers.  There is no reason to keep Colome.  He is better served as a prospect flip.

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

Also this.  We might have as many as 4 or 5 Rookies next year.  I think well be closer to an 80 win team next year but we still aren't winning anything.

42 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

We should call Moncada and Eloy "De two utes" /pesci

Didnt you just call my nickname for Nicky Madrigal bad?

• Haha 1

Just now, ron883 said:

Didnt you just call my nickname for Nicky Madrigal bad?

I like "Magical Madrigal" better. 

That was a joke because I wanted to make a movie reference. Completely non-serious. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Colome is only under control for another year after this one.  Trade him and sign someone in the offseason to close. 

They won't spend the money to get a good FA. They do extend some of their own. Hopefully they just extend his contract as he seems to be a capable closer.

Just now, ron883 said:

The Little Magician > De two utes

No, i just wanted to make a movie reference. Did you see my /pesci thing. It was a movie reference. completely non serious. 

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

No, i just wanted to make a movie reference. Did you see my /pesci thing. It was a movie reference. completely non serious. 

I googled it after. Figured it was a movie reference. The Little Magician is a hell of a nickname. 

6 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I do. Not in the playoffs next year but the start of being a competitive team. The additions of kopech and cease alone will change the team. However, my point was that they think that is the beginning of the competitive run. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

I googled it after. Figured it was a movie reference. The Little Magician is a hell of a nickname. 

Magical Madrigal>>>The Little Magician