4/17 1:10 pm - White Sox v. Royals (Giolito v. Keller)

bmags

Just now, Chisox378 said:

I wonder if any of the Sox players take Ted Willims advice to not swing off the first at bat, of the first pitch, of a new pitcher.

2nd at bat vs the same pitcher you can swing at the first pitch. I took Teddy advice when I played in a mens wood bat league a few years ago.

that's cool, I mentioned I tried out for a hardball league out here, I had a great time at the tryout and made a team but the entry fee was $1200 and it was basically to weed out anybody that couldn't show up 30 times in a three months for the games.  Being an adult kinda sucks.  Honestly not sure how some dads (and moms) do it with full time job, coaching little league and so forth.  

I have no kids and work about 50 hours a week.  I am exhausted most nights when I get home and all I want to do is drink a few pops and relax before I have to do it all over again.  My pops man, he would go straight from work to the little league games.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

that's cool, I mentioned I tried out for a hardball league out here, I had a great time at the tryout and made a team but the entry fee was $1200 and it was basically to weed out anybody that couldn't show up 30 times in a three months for the games.  Being an adult kinda sucks.  Honestly not sure how some dads (and moms) do it with full time job, coaching little league and so forth.  

I have no kids and work about 50 hours a week.  I am exhausted most nights when I get home and all I want to do is drink a few pops and relax before I have to do it all over again.  My pops man, he would go straight from work to the little league games.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy! Yes, that does seem like alot of flow to join a league. They have a mens league by my house 35 and up. But right now, I, like you enjoy just throwing a few back after work, watching baseball, and hanging with my family and the neighbors

• Like 1