Sox @ Twins 5/24 Gamethread

Whatever. Tilson, Moncada, and Anderson are 6-6 today, and have been on 8 out of 9 times. Wish Eloy would do something, but fuck the rest of this team. Lopez had shit peripherals last year and is shitty at everything this year. No surprise. I can be happy with this.

• Love 2

4 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

Seemed like a long swooping swing by Alonso.

The OPS is down to .600. Glad we spent $9 million on him rather than just offering that money to our real target himself!

• Like 1

Just now, The Sir said:

The OPS is down to .600. Glad we spent $9 million on him rather than just offering that money to our real target himself!

I love to bring this up, but his single earlier today was like in Little Big League when Billy gets way too excited about his favorite player getting a cheap single to the opposite field...and then being told there’s something wrong with that.

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I wonder how the Sox are going to win games with 1 major league quality starter. 

They're going to have to outslug the opposition and there is a lot of fat that needs to be trimmed. 

Wouldn't you think we could bring up minor leaguers like Lambert & Frare just to see what they could do?  Surly it would be just as easy to watch as this crap.  We might even find a hidden gem hidden deep in our system.  Actually, Davidson would have given some of these guys a run for their money.

12 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Lopez back to AAA he is not ready 

if he still has an option I'd be for that.  Fuck this. He needs to get his head out of his ass. I understand you need an innings eater...but Lopez has been fucking worthless as of late. Tired of it.

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

I love to bring this up, but his single earlier today was like in Little Big League when Billy gets way too excited about his favorite player getting a cheap single to the opposite field...and then being told there’s something wrong with that.

From what I remember of that movie, Billy liked Jerry because he used to actually be good. That's not the case with Yonder.

Just now, poppysox said:

Wouldn't you think we could bring up minor leaguers like Lambert & Frare just to see what they could do?  Surly it would be just as easy to watch as this crap.  We might even find a hidden gem hidden deep in our system.  Actually, Davidson would have given some of these guys a run for their money.

Lambert is giving up far too many runs in AA.  If you put him in AAA, he probably gets rocked.

2 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Holy fuck people need to relax... We used to have the chat crew... Now we should have the b**** crew...... Sheesh pathetic seriously

I mean...are you actually watching?

2 minutes ago, Wanne said:

if he still has an option I'd be for that.  Fuck this. He needs to get his head out of his ass. I understand you need an innings eater...but Lopez has been fucking worthless as of late. Tired of it.

This is what tanking looks like. The Sox need to know if Lopez is someone that can be penciled into the rotation in future years. He has nothing left to learn in AAA and will be back in 5 days to take the bump again. 

I am not a blame the manager kind of fan but I can't remember a worse job of managing a game.  Any average fan would have pulled Lopez before it so completely blew up.  Lost a lot of respect for Ricky tonight.

1 minute ago, The Sir said:

I mean...are you actually watching?

Well I was. But its not my point... One thing is commenting on the situation one thing is just whomping and notching about every little thing.... 😕

12 minutes ago, The Sir said:

Whatever. Tilson, Moncada, and Anderson are 6-6 today, and have been on 8 out of 9 times. Wish Eloy would do something, but fuck the rest of this team. Lopez had shit peripherals last year and is shitty at everything this year. No surprise. I can be happy with this.

Plus Robert's having a nice day in AA

18 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

The Twins have been in rebuild mode for a lot longer than 5 years. More like last 7-8 years. They had the number 1 farm system in baseball 5 years ago and have a very good farm now.

Games like today show how far the Sox still have to go in their rebuild. The Sox are still a good 3-4 years away from being a legit contender. 

They beat the Astros 9-4 two days ago man. Are they 5-6 years away from being competitive. Shit happens

Edited by mqr