Wow

harkness99

Shows you how much we'd overachieved the first six weeks. The losses are gonna be coming fast and furious in June and July and August. Season already is over except for meaningless at bats for our younger hitters and meaningless innings for our pitchers.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Shows you how much we'd overachieved the first six weeks. The losses are gonna be coming fast and furious in June and July and August. Season already is over except for meaningless at bats for our younger hitters and meaningless innings for our pitchers.

There could still be positives this year. If Moncada, Giolito and Anderson keep this up all season, that is a huge development. Last winter we had nobody to pencil in to the lineup and rotation for the foreseeable future from rebuild pieces. This winter we could have 3. Huge step forward. It's the start of a core group of players. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

29 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Yeah....or they just played the best team in baseball?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

Come on Greg. You're better than this. The Sox just played 3 games against the hottest (and maybe best) team in baseball, with 2 of those games being started by Banuelos and Covey. I would've been shocked if they had won even 1 game in this past series. But just because they got swept by the Twins doesn't mean the rest of the season is meaningless.

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

There could still be positives this year. If Moncada, Giolito and Anderson keep this up all season, that is a huge development. Last winter we had nobody to pencil in to the lineup and rotation for the foreseeable future from rebuild pieces. This winter we could have 3. Huge step forward. It's the start of a core group of players. 

Good point Jack. I agree with your three. 

50 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Come on Greg. You're better than this. The Sox just played 3 games against the hottest (and maybe best) team in baseball, with 2 of those games being started by Banuelos and Covey. I would've been shocked if they had won even 1 game in this past series. But just because they got swept by the Twins doesn't mean the rest of the season is meaningless.

What I mean by meaningless is we're playing for nothing in terms of possible postseason. To have that be the case in late May is very very sad. I realize Eloy, Yoan, Timmy and Gio have to continue to develop but frankly nobody else need bother. Even Abreu ... I'm getting a sneaky feeling Sox aren't gonna pay him nuff and he'll be dealt, too. I'm thankful I was busy this weekend and didn't get to see any of that series. I despise Minnie and that would have been bad for my demeanor.

I think many had been discounting what the twins had done and this was clarifying. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Goes to show how quickly and how beneficial adding a modern front office can boost winning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bmags said:

I think many had been discounting what the twins had done and this was clarifying. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Goes to show how quickly and how beneficial adding a modern front office can boost winning.

They are now bearing the fruits of their top ranked farm system from a few years ago. It’s taken awhile for guys like Buxton, Kepler, Rosario, Polanco to hit their stride but they’ve been gradually improving the last few seasons. This Twins team now is what I expect the Sox to look like come 2021/2022.

We are seeing Gio, Anderson and Moncada improve vastly from when they first came up.  Jimenez also show small improvement day to day.  As Kopech, Cease, Robert, Collins and Madrigal join the Sox the same will happen.  At first we will see the raw talent and the frustrating rookie mistakes.  Over a year or two we will see this group gel into a very good team.  The sooner we can get these guys together the sooner the  championships get to Chicago.  You get to be the best by playing against the best.

6 hours ago, poppysox said:

We are seeing Gio, Anderson and Moncada improve vastly from when they first came up.  Jimenez also show small improvement day to day.  As Kopech, Cease, Robert, Collins and Madrigal join the Sox the same will happen.  At first we will see the raw talent and the frustrating rookie mistakes.  Over a year or two we will see this group gel into a very good team.  The sooner we can get these guys together the sooner the  championships get to Chicago.  You get to be the best by playing against the best.

I got people in the minor league forum to officially agree to a trade such that I will stop panicking over Madrigal's disappointing performance if people will stop suggesting that we need to have him up as a contributor any time soon.

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I got people in the minor league forum to officially agree to a trade such that I will stop panicking over Madrigal's disappointing performance if people will stop suggesting that we need to have him up as a contributor any time soon.

I'm willing to wait until ST 2020 under those conditions.

2 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I'm willing to wait until ST 2020 under those conditions.

LOL I'm glad I didn't have a drink in my mouth because I'd have just spat it out.

See this is why I put that offer out. A guy with an OPS hanging around .700 in high-A ball is not nearly ready and I really want to stop hearing about him as coming up any time soon. Let him take his lumps, he needs to change an awful lot of things in his game before he's ready. I don't want to come down harshly on how truly bad he's been because he has a long time to continue working and he's supposed to be a smart player, but suggesting rushing him like that leaves me no choice but to highlight how disappointing he's been.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

LOL I'm glad I didn't have a drink in my mouth because I'd have just spat it out.

See this is why I put that offer out. A guy with an OPS hanging around .700 in high-A ball is not nearly ready and I really want to stop hearing about him as coming up any time soon. Let him take his lumps, he needs to change an awful lot of things in his game before he's ready. I don't want to come down harshly on how truly bad he's been because he has a long time to continue working and he's supposed to be a smart player, but suggesting rushing him like that leaves me no choice but to highlight how disappointing he's been.

Does this mean you are not excepting my offer?

Edited by poppysox

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Madrigal's twin brother is a pitcher at St. Marys. I would draft him. One of the two is bound to work out. Odds, baby; odds.

13 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Madrigal's twin brother is a pitcher at St. Marys. I would draft him. One of the two is bound to work out. Odds, baby; odds.

This might drive Balta off the deep end.  We better take a pass.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2019 at 4:53 AM, bmags said:

I always have to give props for any rock reference. The Who 's "We Won't Get Fooled Again,"