White Sox at Twinkees 8/21/19

wegner

4 hours ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Abreu now 3-3 with a double.

But he's aging. He sucks. He's getting worse. . Swings at too many sliders outside. Right.

Glad to see Scooter join my unofficial Abreu fan club. I loved this post.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, fathom said:

I don’t love the idea of him coming back but it seems it will be happen and there are far worse moves they could make. 

I thought you were a sentimental guy regarding likeable White Sox. 

3 hours ago, elrockinMT said:

There is no reason to believe the Sox would sign Abreu for only one year. 3-5 years is my hope 

Bless u El Rockin. You do realize when I say you are the best Sox fan ever I mean it, right? At least best on a message board ever. You are logical and loyal both IMO.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, gravybread said:

At what point will TA have enough PAs to qualify for the batting title? 

Moncada is currently at the top of the AL with a .301 according to espn

You must be using ESPN which is wrong. Going in to today, TA is 6th in AL and Moncada is 11th.  LeMahieu is leading with .338

38 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I was hard on Giolito a few weeks ago because he had a rough patch of 4-5 starts, but that seems to be just that and he's back to being great.

Keep it rolling, 27!

He and McCann both have bounced back after the brief post All-Star slump. Must have been the partying at the AS game.

25 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

The starting pitching has come along.  I wonder where this team would be if it was like this in May and with a different manager.

i wonder where they’d be without their three best players missing significant time and their opening day starter missing essentially the whole year. 

5 hours ago, ScooterMcGee said:

I honestly think the most important take-away from this year is that guys like Gio, Moncada, Anderson, McCann, Bummer and Marshall is not only have they been good...they've been good all year, elite even. They've shown their developments aren't just some fluke. 

Hell, even Leury. He may not be elite, but he is definitely very good. I always thought, all he needs to do is stay healthy and he will open eyes. Well, he's done that, and he's shown what he can do. And he's kept his numbers up all year as well as play solid defense in center, as well as short in Tim's absence.

I agree with your view of the 7 players you name.  Additionally next year will have contributions from Robert, Madrigal, Kopech, Cease, Dunning, Rodon, Lopez and Colome.  Abreu will be back IMO along with 3 or 4 FA signings at positions of need.  That comes to 20 players who likely perform anywhere from solid to elite.  We have every reason to believe 2020 will be a very competitive season.  Frankly...I'm not thinking we might be competitive...I am expecting it.

2 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I agree with your view of the 7 players you name.  Additionally next year will have contributions from Robert, Madrigal, Kopech, Cease, Dunning, Rodon, Lopez and Colome.  Abreu will be back IMO along with 3 or 4 FA signings at positions of need.  That comes to 20 players who likely perform anywhere from solid to elite.  We have every reason to believe 2020 will be a very competitive season.  Frankly...I'm not thinking we might be competitive...I am expecting it.

They have to land quality FA first. If they strike out again, Hahn and Kenny should be tarred and feathered as we chase them out of town. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

4 hours ago, gravybread said:

At what point will TA have enough PAs to qualify for the batting title? 

Moncada is currently at the top of the AL with a .301 according to espn

You must average 3.1 plate appearances for every game your team plays, or 502 for the season.  At this point, Anderson is 18 PA's short.  If he averages 4 PA's a game for the next 20 games, he'll be caught up.