Trade Market for Starting Pitchers...

caulfield12

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

So how many more times will we hear this offseason that the Sox missed out on their target after offering the most money?

How many more times will we hear you mention the same tired BS over and over and over again?  

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Love 2

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I have no idea why you're posting this when Nightengale's report was immediately walked back as being inaccurate. 

He ignores things that don't fit his narrative.  He's made that abundantly clear thousands of times.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I have no idea why you're posting this when Nightengale's report was immediately walked back as being inaccurate. 

You have no idea?  The dude gets off on negativity.  Doesn’t matter that it was a bogus claim, he’s now all in on the Sox getting passed over by all free agents even if we’re the high bidder.

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You have no idea?  The dude gets off on negativity.  Doesn’t matter that it was a bogus claim, he’s now all in on the Sox getting passed over by all free agents even if we’re the high bidder.

Tell me when they sign someone.  This idea that being the highest bidder is somehow a win for the franchise is a joke.  Read my signature from last summer.  Those are your own words...

”Misses are no longer acceptable.”

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 4

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

Tell me when they sign someone.  This idea that being the highest bidder is somehow a win for the franchise is a joke.  Read my signature from last summer.  Those are your own words.

The offseason isn’t over and they were rejected by one person.  But please continue to pollute every thread with the non-stop whining you’re known for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The offseason isn’t over and they were rejected by one person.  But please continue to pollute every thread with the non-stop whining you’re known for.

When the money is similar the player and his family have to consider secondary reasons for signing. In Wheeler's case we simply could not overcome geography.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I actually liked you before this very post

You know I'm not a fan of the irrational negativity, but at least Yoan owns it. A lot of people act like they're being rational thinkers when ridiculing everything about the team. I think Yoan knows some of his anger is misguided and irrational but he loves it and owns it anyway. 

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Matt Boyd was a piece I didn't think about prior. They don't really have an OF piece to pair with it though, and I imagine Detroit wants only prospects so maybe it's a hard pass.

Boyd is another SP I keep seeings (Gallen too) name tossed about that I just expect to fall off a cliff.

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

You know I'm not a fan of the irrational negativity, but at least Yoan owns it. A lot of people act like they're being rational thinkers when ridiculing everything about the team. I think Yoan knows some of his anger is misguided and irrational but he loves it and owns it anyway. 

If Rick pulls off a trade for Price + Benintendi without giving up much talent, I will bow down to Lord Hahn.

• Haha 1

Just now, Baron said:

Nomar's defense last year and the past few years...yeesh. Can we get a good defensive outfielder for once please? 

For real. If its for one season, I could live with a shitty defensive RF.  Its not ideal.  But committing to shitty OF defense for 4-5 years in insane.  

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

If Rick pulls off a trade for Price + Benintendi without giving up much talent, I will bow down to Lord Hahn.

With how this pitching market has developed and Boston so far failing to cut payroll, it makes a lot more sense today than even 2 weeks ago.

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

For real. If its for one season, I could live with a shitty defensive RF.  Its not ideal.  But committing to shitty OF defense for 4-5 years in insane.  

Four teams, including the Orioles and Indians, are interested in your guy Peraza...

https://mobile.twitter.com/Feinsand/status/1204489281185566721

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

With how this pitching market has developed and Boston so far failing to cut payroll, it makes a lot more sense today than even 2 weeks ago.

I could see a deal like this taking a long time to materialize though. It’s gotta be hard finding the right mix of prospects and money being exchanged