Nomar Mazara Speculation

Sleepy Harold

1 hour ago, SoxBlanco said:

Do you actually think it’s possible  that we don’t make any more moves this offseason?

I didn't say that.  I hope they make good moves. If it doesn't happen.I don't feel like hearing the excuses is all I'm saying. 

2 hours ago, DirtySox said:

Makes sense - Hahn routinely "sells" (at a massive discount) international bonus money to the Rangers; he makes Rule 5 picks for he Rangers. Maybe its time for Daniels to do him a solid - Mazara for the international money that Hahn won't use anyway.

1 hour ago, Eminor3rd said:

What about him is productive? He's been a below average hitter all four years of his career. He's been a below average defender all four years of his career. He's had over 2000PA to improve and had essentially the same season every year.

He's a post-hype change-of-scenery candidate. To acquire him now for anything significant would be embarrassingly bad. To acquire him for next-to-nothing would be fine except that it would be settling for a sub-1 WAR player as a RF upgrade in early December when several WAY better players are still available in FA. 

It’s that second paragraph that’s the problem.  Why in the fuck are we settling on a post hype guy for RF (with two years of control no less) this early in the offseason and after we missed out on our big SP target?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stealth G.O.A.T. said:

Against RHP he is. That’s what’s productive. He’s not my choice and I’m not in love with the move (If finalizes). But if used correctly and platooned, he could be productive. That’s just the truth based on the numbers. 

He’s been just above league average as a hitter against RHP in his career and is below average defensively.  That is not an overly productive platoon player even.  Yes there is potentially some untapped upside there, but the lack of control negates much of that value and quite simply we should be aiming much higher with our last positional spot.

1 hour ago, Stealth G.O.A.T. said:

What’s a bad deal? We don’t even know what the deal is.  If platooned with someone who hits LHP, it could potentially work. 

Is the goal 1.5 wins out of RF?  If he’s our final positional addition, I don’t think the front office is serious about competing next year.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Is the goal 1.5 wins out of RF?  If he’s our final positional addition, I don’t think the front office is serious about competing next year.

Agreed. The fact we are even reportedly interested in Mazara is disappointing.

dickerson or Puig would be better by far

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I really think they are so caught up in making sure they get a lefty outfielder that they have a bit of tunnel vision 

45 minutes ago, Fuagman said:

Credit to @crazedrat1:

Career per 162: 

Nomar Mazara, 25, L/L 
.261 24 93 .320 .435 .754
2 years team control

Nicholas Castellanos, 28, R/R
.277 22 84 .326 .471 .797
Seeking 4 to 5 years 18 to 20mm per

LF Marcell Ozuna, 29, R/R
.272 26 94 .329 .455 .784
3 to 4 yr @ 15mm to 18mm per

i don’t get why everyone is freaking out 

Maybe check what parks those first two guys have played at.

7 minutes ago, Princess Dye said:

Between Hahn’s and Renteria’s comments and Hahn making a joke about the media talking to Jon Daniels, it makes me think Mazara is going to happen tomorrow.  Yucky.  🤢 

Edited by Moan4Yoan

8 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Between Hahn’s and Renteria’s comments and Hahn making a joke about the media talking to Jon Daniels, it makes me think Mazara is going to happen tomorrow.  Yucky.  🤢 

Yup, this is happening tomorrow.  Jon Daniels’ quote has White Sox written all over it from their rumored interest in Mazara last season.

According to Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the Rangers "expect to complete a trade" involving Nomar Mazara "as soon as Wednesday."

The St. Louis Cardinals, Arizona Diamondbacks and Chicago White Sox are trying to land him.

“We explored trades last year, but we didn’t find what I felt was a good fit for us,” Daniels said. “There have been certain clubs dating back to previous periods, we kind of know where fits might be.”

Edited by Moan4Yoan

4 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Hopefully Hahn is drunk, either way I’m not staying awake to see if this goes down tonight. Hoping and praying I see him traded to the Marlins when I wake up

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Nomar Mazara Speculation
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic