Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bad Hombre

MADRIGAL CALLED UP! (Herrera DFA)

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

Given that they messed with Madrigal's service time, do you guys think that they Keep Kopech down until Memorial Day next year, or will they just take the extra year from the opt-out? 

I think they could be justified in sending Kopech to the Minors because he hasn't pitched in 2 years. 

Definitely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

At least its the left shoulder.  Still not convinced its not something much worse.  If you slowmo down that slide, it sure looks like his forearm snapped up near his elbow.  
 

https://twitter.com/pinwheelsivypod/status/1290814114302849024?s=21

pause / slow mo at 50 second mark and watch forearm. 

That mechanism is really odd for a shoulder injury. Looked more like an elbow. The most common should injury with the arm out like that is an AC separation or an inferior subluxation. Weird.

Edited by ptatc
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I disagree. If Anderson ends up being 7th or 8th and Madrigal is 9th, Robert will have people on in front of him. 

20+% of his at bats would be guaranteed to be with the bases empty. That could be close to 90 missed opportunities over the course of a full season compared to batting third, not to mention the difference in the rest of his at bats between hitting behind 9,1,2, in particular Moncada, and 7,8,9 hitters. He would also be the ideal batter to come up in a 2 out no runner situation, since between his speed and power he would be the most likely to be able to score with two outs. To me, its a no brainer

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm really hoping they announce jammed or sublexed shoulder and 4-6 weeks.  

I'm hoping it is a handful of days vs. even weeks.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vulture said:

20+% of his at bats would be guaranteed to be with the bases empty. That could be close to 90 missed opportunities over the course of a full season compared to batting third, not to mention the difference in the rest of his at bats between hitting behind 9,1,2, in particular Moncada, and 7,8,9 hitters. He would also be the ideal batter to come up in a 2 out no runner situation, since between his speed and power he would be the most likely to be able to score with two outs. To me, its a no brainer

Well if he is an on base machine, wouldn't Moncada, Eloy, and Vaughn drive him in at a high rate moving forward? I get your point, but at leadoff he is gonna drive runs in, and be a nightmare for the opposing starter at the beginning of the game. I could see if we lacked talent lower in our order, but we have outstanding bats 1 through 9 moving forward. 

Edited by SonofaRoache

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Madrigal broke radial bone in 2018...is that different from radius?  Just remember that and ulna from high school bio, lol.

It's probably the radius, nothing really called the radial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

I don’t understand how guys can make it to MLB and not know how to slide. 

That's like saying to a nascar driver "I don't know how you drive and still get into a crash"... Shit happens

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

That's like saying to a nascar driver "I don't know how you drive and still get into a crash"... Shit happens

Not quite the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2020 at 6:46 PM, Harold's Leg Lift said:

It's a hell of a lot easier than finding a superstar and they passed on that opportunity.  

 

They're not tools teams pay for at the top of the draft. 

 

I disagree.  They lost an opportunity to draft a superstar.  

You talk an awful lot like you were in the draft room. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Little Nicky 1 said:

You talk an awful lot like you were in the draft room. 

Which superstar did we pass up on, exactly?

Jarred Kallenic’s going to be the name that will be argued...whether a superstar or Benintendi/Nimmo, we shall see.

Not much excuse, under scouting a local kid from Wisconsin.

Edited by caulfield12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Which superstar did we pass up on, exactly?

Jarred Kallenic’s going to be the name that will be argued...whether a superstar or Benintendi/Nimmo, we shall see.

Not much excuse, under scouting a local kid from Wisconsin.

No one knows if anyone after Madrigal including Kelanic will be a superstar.

Who says he was underscouted? I am pretty sure he was on the white sox area codes team so they should have got to know him well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×