8/10 Sox vs Tigers GT

soxfan49

4 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Man I'm having real doubts about this season for the Sox. I didn't think they would be better than MIN, but this is flat out embarrassing.

This is where I'm at. Ricky has no place managing a would-be contender. Eloy's massive gaffe the other day epitomizes the lax culture in our clubhouse. Fire him, hire a ballbuster.

1 minute ago, almagest said:

You think they're all of a sudden gonna win 100 games (or whatever the equivalent of 100 games is for this season)? Be realistic. Get to .500 for the first time since like 2012.

There is a massive difference between .500 and winning 100 games, total strawman.

Furthermore, I could actually accept .500 if it looked like it was building towards something more. This season has, largely, been an embarrassment so far, and the moderately ok record does not redeem how piss poor they have played for looooong stretches. This is a team that is lucky to even be sniffing .500 right now, and that is unacceptable this far into the rebuild.Ā 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, fathom said:

People act like this team has so much more talent than everyone else, and winning at a high rate is a given. There are still a lot of holes on this roster.

There is a lot of talent but it's all very young. And you're right, they still need help, especially in the AL with the Yankees, Twins and Astros all winning 100+ last year.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Jerry Reinsdorf has to do something now.

Two inside the park homers in one week.

Ā 

At least Engel's was hustling all out, but YOU HAVE TO KNOW THE SITUATION.

YOU HAVE TO BLOCK THAT BALL, NO MATTER WHAT.

IMO Engel DID know the situation. He knew there was no way the Sox were scoring 4 runs in the next two innings so he made a desperation effort to keep the game at 3-1. It didn't work out but I kind of agree with him.Ā 

Man this team is straight up unwatchable right now. Except it's not like the past few years where you knew what you were getting with a bunch of barely replacement-level players, there are actual good players on the rosters now so it's more frustrating.

How can Jerry Reinsdorf think he's going to sell any season tickets in 2021?

Gotta hope we can't have fans in the stands, because attendance will be embarassing if they don't do something like fire Renteria/Hahn and show they're actually serious about winning something for a change.

This is bullshit. Team sleepwalks doesn't seem ready to play. I don't like to ride the fire the manager wave but it ain't working. The whole staff needs to go, The pitching needs a different voice. The problem is reinsdorf will want another blowhard

2 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

There is a massive difference between .500 and winning 100 games, total strawman.

Furthermore, I could actually accept .500 if it looked like it was building towards something more. This season has, largely, been an embarrassment so far, and the moderately ok record does not redeem how piss poor they have played for looooong stretches. This is a team that is lucky to even be sniffing .500 right now, and that is unacceptable this far into the rebuild.Ā 

Oh get real. It has not been an embarrassment. Lots of good in this year so far. This is a young team still learning so they're gonna look crappy sometimes. It's just magnified because it's a short season and there's still 43 games left.

Ā 

"Strawman" LOL.

1 minute ago, JoshPR said:

This is bullshit. Team sleepwalks doesn't seem ready to play. I don't like to ride the fire the manager wave but it ain't working. The whole staff needs to go, The pitching needs a different voice. The problem is reinsdorf will want another blowhard

All the momentum the team had seemed to come crashing down once Eloy butchered that play.

4 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

IMO Engel DID know the situation. He knew there was no way the Sox were scoring 4 runs in the next two innings so he made a desperation effort to keep the game at 3-1. It didn't work out but I kind of agree with him.Ā 

They're pressing right now.