Gio Gonzalez to the 10 day IL

Tnetennba

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Well, that takes Gio out of the Wednesday start.  Reynaldo won't survive an inning vs the Twins.  

That definitely limits their options, assuming no pitching is acquired in between.  ReyLo will just need to step the F up...

8 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

That definitely limits their options, assuming no pitching is acquired in between.  ReyLo will just need to step the F up...

Maybe they bring back Rodon to piggy back Reynaldo. Sounds like he’s getting closer. 

8 minutes ago, wegner said:

So Burdi is still an option out of the pen for Ricky?...wonderful.

Burdi is the one reliever who generates a ton of swings & misses.  I get he’s had a rough stretch here, but we should be trying to get him to work through his issues now in hopes of him being an actual weapon come the playoffs.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Burdi is the one reliever who generates a ton of swings & misses.  I get he’s had a rough stretch here, but we should be trying to get him to work through his issues now in hopes of him being an actual weapon come the playoffs.

I trust your opinion so I will lay off him and understand your point.  It is just tough to rely on a guy in a short season who seems pretty prone to the long ball...which can be a big problem where we play our home games. 

• Like 1

Just now, wegner said:

I trust your opinion so I will lay off him and understand your point.  It is just tough to rely on a guy in a short season who seems pretty prone to the long ball...which can be a big problem where we play our home games. 

No doubt, but the luxury we have with eight playoff teams is we can afford to take chances on a guy like Burdi without potentially putting a postseason berth in jeopardy.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

No doubt, but the luxury we have with eight playoff teams is we can afford to take chances on a guy like Burdi without potentially putting a postseason berth in jeopardy.

Good point.  I would love to have him as a reliable weapon out of the bullpen so I'll bite my tongue in the game threads.

7 minutes ago, wegner said:

Good point.  I would love to have him as a reliable weapon out of the bullpen so I'll bite my tongue in the game threads.

There’s a time and a place to use him and it’s not in a 1 run game when you have Detweiler in the pen having not thrown in several days. It’s also not leaving him out there as trouble builds on a tie game.

30 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

There’s a time and a place to use him and it’s not in a 1 run game when you have Detweiler in the pen having not thrown in several days. It’s also not leaving him out there as trouble builds on a tie game.

Yeah I mean the decision to put him out there is defensible but it was clear he was in big trouble pretty quick

4 minutes ago, Jake said:

Yeah I mean the decision to put him out there is defensible but it was clear he was in big trouble pretty quick

If Detweiler came in and got in trouble and you didn't have any other options ready to go so you went to Burdi hoping he could give you something that's one thing, but seriously what on Earth did Detweiler do to Renteria where he won't even give him the shot when he's due to pitch?

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Seems like Ricky has no confidence in Heuer, which is odd to me, but he uses him in super low leverage situations.