2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

I find the contrast here interesting. FWIW, here's the relevant federal statute. 

Georgia also has a similar law at the state level.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/52/20511

BTW those RV owners tend to be conservative and possibly are why we have "Lyin' Ted with the ugly wife"* instead of Beto.

*Trump comments about the esteemed Senator from Texas. 

49 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Unfortunately, that f**k has probably convinced himself that he really won, so he can claim he doesn't know he's pushing something false, ficticious or fraudulent.

His lawyers were sitting on the phone with him trying to deflect and the GA Secretary of State told him so on the call repeatedly. He'd probably have to go with an insanity defense, if he was ever put into a fair trial with that call as evidence.

5 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Unfortunately, that f**k has probably convinced himself that he really won, so he can claim he doesn't know he's pushing something false, ficticious or fraudulent.

Trump's criminal Intent was as clear as light. He threatened the Ga. SOS by telling him that he would be committing a crime if he didn't follow his plan to find votes .....and then Trump stated that he was putting him on Notice. 

That was egregious.. Trump put the arm on him like he was a mafia boss.

Edited by tray
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, tray said:

Trump's criminal Intent was as clear as light. He threatened the Ga. SOS by telling him that he would be committing a crime if he didn't follow his plan to find votes .....and then Trump stated that he was putting him on Notice. 

The threats were obvious. And, all this time Trump and his supporters have claimed the election was stolen, and here is Trump strong-arming an election official. This was more than crazy and GOP congressmen and senators are making themselves look like lackeys by supporting Trump in this coup attempt. 

8 hours ago, tray said:

It SHOULD be incredibly obvious to everyone what was being asked of the GA SecSt.  But of course, people who have incentive to NOT see it, won't see it.

9 hours ago, tray said:

Think of all the things we have normalized. Trump legal response was that the phone call was confidential. 

58 minutes ago, pcq said:

Think of all the things we have normalized. Trump legal response was that the phone call was confidential. 

It's a very funny thing why they decided to start taping these calls 

18 hours ago, Texsox said:

BTW those RV owners tend to be conservative and possibly are why we have "Lyin' Ted with the ugly wife"* instead of Beto.

*Trump comments about the esteemed Senator from Texas. 

FWIW, this doesn't matter and I don't think that's an example of voter fraud. If the people are living an RV lifestyle and have only temporary homes where they register the vehicles, and they are only registered to vote in that place - unless there's some extremely specific law they're violating I don't care who they vote for. If they didn't register in Texas, they'd register in Florida and be able to vote there or in Georgia and turn that race or whatever. To be honest, most of their republican votes in TX have been excess votes for the last what, 25 years? As long as they're only able to vote once, we should make voting easy and flexible for people with different lifestyles.

I grew up watching professional wrestling, and I remember during Andre The Giant's heel turn he was wrestling The Junkyard Dog in France.  Andre won by pinning the Junkyard Dog, using the ropes for additional leverage (as if he needed it).  The audience politely chastised Andre The Giant by wagging their finger in a "that's naughty" fashion.

Right now, Trump and his followers are Andre The Giant, and the Democrats are the polite French audience.  When is someone going to be held responsible for their actions?  They just seated the new Representatives, including quite a few that signed on to the ridiculous lawsuit Texas brought against other states.  They weren't held responsible.  They weren't called out.  Tomorrow is going to be a shitshow that won't change anything, but there are at least 10 senators that will refuse to certify the election.  And after the inauguration, they'll still be in the senate, working to derail everything Biden will try to do.

Trump is going to refuse to leave the White House.  The secret service has a plan that unfortunately does not include dragging him out of the building.  They're going to close the building and not let anyone in and begin shutting off utilities.  Chances are, Trump and his cronies will inflict physical damage in the White House.  And again, the Democrats will be the parent in the mall ignoring their screaming child who is throwing a tantrum because they can't have a pretzel.

It's just frustrating, because in a civilian job, Trump and his followers would be fired and possibly charged with crimes.  And we're just watching, waiting for him to go away.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

47 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

I grew up watching professional wrestling, and I remember during Andre The Giant's heel turn he was wrestling The Junkyard Dog in France.  Andre won by pinning the Junkyard Dog, using the ropes for additional leverage (as if he needed it).  The audience politely chastised Andre The Giant by wagging their finger in a "that's naughty" fashion.

Right now, Trump and his followers are Andre The Giant, and the Democrats are the polite French audience.  When is someone going to be held responsible for their actions?  They just seated the new Representatives, including quite a few that signed on to the ridiculous lawsuit Texas brought against other states.  They weren't held responsible.  They weren't called out.  Tomorrow is going to be a shitshow that won't change anything, but there are at least 10 senators that will refuse to certify the election.  And after the inauguration, they'll still be in the senate, working to derail everything Biden will try to do.

Trump is going to refuse to leave the White House.  The secret service has a plan that unfortunately does not include dragging him out of the building.  They're going to close the building and not let anyone in and begin shutting off utilities.  Chances are, Trump and his cronies will inflict physical damage in the White House.  And again, the Democrats will be the parent in the mall ignoring their screaming child who is throwing a tantrum because they can't have a pretzel.

It's just frustrating, because in a civilian job, Trump and his followers would be fired and possibly charged with crimes.  And we're just watching, waiting for him to go away.

I think this is a bit ridiculous, I don't think they are gonna be plugging all the drains and turning the faucets on full blast.  I think trump is gonna fade to Mar A Lago and b**** about everything from afar like he always does

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

I think this is a bit ridiculous, I don't think they are gonna be plugging all the drains and turning the faucets on full blast.  I think trump is gonna fade to Mar A Lago and b**** about everything from afar like he always does

I hope so.

2 hours ago, Big Hurtin said:

No.  It was recorded on the Georgia SOS 's side.  As a matter of fact, he (Trump) is suing them.

No surprise here. Trump sues everyone. What should happen is this: The House should impeach, the Senate should convict, and Trump should be thrown out before he does any more damage to this country.

According to RCP, Warnock and Ossoff were up 1.3% and 1% so no idea what to expect.

Split decision?

Loeffler is clearly the worst of the two in terms of obedience to Trump...and her stock trading was even more unseemly, not to mention her inability to get along with her own WNBA team.

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

You can't see him stealing stuff out of the White House to sell later for profit?  I think it sounds just like him.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

According to RCP, Warnock and Ossoff were up 1.3% and 1% so no idea what to expect.

Split decision?

Loeffler is clearly the worst of the two in terms of obedience to Trump...and her stock trading was even more unseemly, not to mention her inability to get along with her own WNBA team.

I think the most realistic outcome is a split, unfortunately.  Regardless, I don't think we know anything for a couple days.  Early and mail-in voting was huge, so it's going to take a while to get everything counted.