2020 NBA Regular Season Thread

bmags

4 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Hutchison was such a GarPax kind of pick. He probably would have gone late 2nd/undrafted but GarPax had to use a late 1st to get him. 

I remember hearing he was getting love from teams near the end of the year, so I watched Hutch play and thought it was bad info or something.

2 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Haha - give me 2 weeks and I'll be talking about ball like I talk about Coby White hahaha.  

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

Are Troy Brown / Mo Wagner any good?  

Im hoping somehow they get Brogdon instead of Ball, but I feel like they used all of their capital for Vuc. Now that they have Vuc, Ball makes more sense because you have mroe offensive threats and a PG can make a difference.

How good can they be if you have to ask? Mo is like Lauri, except for not as well regarded. Maybe they are going for the all international big man squad.

3 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Are Troy Brown / Mo Wagner any good?  

Wagner was a late first rounder. Nice upgrade over Gafford since he's a big that can actually stretch the floor a bit and not only dunk. 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I remember hearing he was getting love from teams near the end of the year, so I watched Hutch play and thought it was bad info or something.

He looked the part - until he shot a layup.  And never could stay on the court.  Never seen a guy miss so many layups who barely shot the ball.  

2 former 1st round picks (not high).  I remember Wagner from Michigan - but never watch the Wizards so literally don't know much.  Gifford was what he was - high energy bench guy.  Hutch didn't even play - so presume this upgrades our depth a bit.  Seems like a minor move - but one of those change of scenery moves that maybe Bulls can win. 

1 minute ago, Soxbadger said:

Im hoping somehow they get Brogdon instead of Ball, but I feel like they used all of their capital for Vuc. Now that they have Vuc, Ball makes more sense because you have mroe offensive threats and a PG can make a difference.

How good can they be if you have to ask? Mo is like Lauri, except for not as well regarded. Maybe they are going for the all international big man squad.

Yeah - Brogdon is way more likely to be the better player. I presume cost will be too much.  Wagner is a poor man's Lauri - I mean Lauri is scoring at career highs - he just disappears for full quarters from time to time and makes no one around him better.  That said - the spacing with Lauri / Vic / Lavine - is pretty nice.  

11 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

No because I thought Carter could be something and it hurts too much to think what if the Bulls tried a crazy offer for Luka

I don't think the Bulls beat Atlanta's offer.

What hurts the most is the fact that winning the stupid coin flip with the Kings, giving the Bulls better lottery odds, ended up giving the Kings the #2 pick. 

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

What hurts the most is the fact that winning the stupid coin flip with the Kings, giving the Bulls better lottery odds, ended up giving the Kings the #2 pick. 

Yeah the coin flip is the worst. But I really think if the Bulls went crazy, they could have gotten Luka. 

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

Or would we be in the Kings camp - picked Bagley (vs. Doncic) and be in the same spot the team is now.  Badger is right - I think they could have moved up and got Doncic (if that was there target).  

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

Or would we be in the Kings camp - picked Bagley (vs. Doncic) and be in the same spot the team is now.  Badger is right - I think they could have moved up and got Doncic (if that was there target).  

If I remember correctly, only the Suns and Kings weren't going to pick Luka in the top 3. The Suns were because it was considered a 1A/1B draft (much like the other ill-fated 1A/1B drafts of Oden/Durant, Rose/Beasley) and they wanted the hometown big-man that fit with Booker. The Kings wanted Bagley because he was the only player interested in Sacramento, solely because he wanted to be drafted as high as possible.

2 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Felicio has survived like every trade deadline - so why would this be no different?  Haha.  

He's an expiring contract that makes up the difference in Lauri and Lonzo's salary and the Pelicans will feel no obligation to play him.

Just now, bmags said:

I didn't realize the spread between lauri and Ball would be that significant. Will advise my sons to get drafted top 3 instead of top 7

I think it's because Lauri doesn't really fit New Orleans all that well. 

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I think it's because Lauri doesn't really fit New Orleans all that well. 

I think Eversley/Karnisovas  are trying to facilitate a 3 way deal with Markkanen going to a 3rd team and NO getting a different player. 

I always liked Markkanen but he's frustrating as fuck and it's time to move on. If he figures it out elsewhere, I'll chalk it up to "It wouldn't have happened here" 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Hopefully Otto Porter can make his way to his physical without getting hurt.

The good news is he's being traded to Florida so I'm sure he will find some way to pass his physical so he have as many yacht parties as he wants.

16 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Hopefully Otto Porter can make his way to his physical without getting hurt.

luckily even if he failed the only point to him was for a salary swap that expired end of season.

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

Bulls really need to address PG - but New Orleans doesn't have to move Lonzo. Will be interesting to see who blinks over the next 45 minutes.  

If New Orleans doesn't move Lonzo, they're gonna be stuck negotiating a sign-and-trade this offseason, paying him an offer sheet, or letting him walk.

This is their chance to get something they want.

• bmags locked this topic