Sign in to follow this  
SoxAce

2021 Catch-All

2 hours ago, Texsox said:

That's the exact one I'm looking at. Thank you for the feedback. I have an employer iPad but feel better keeping personal stuff off it. Since my phone and watch are both Samsung it seems like a good idea to stay in the family. 

I also have 3 Samsung TVs and they have all been really good for me. I'd definitely recommend the brand to anyone.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Iwritecode said:

I also have 3 Samsung TVs and they have all been really good for me. I'd definitely recommend the brand to anyone.

I should have mentioned, I have a Samsung TV as well. I'm becoming a Samsung fanboy. 

I have an old iPad that used to be my dad's; I've converted it into a standalone e-reader, and that's been about the best use of it

• Like 1

I'll be drilling a 1/2" hole in the roof of my travel trailer to install solar panels. Despite having woodworking and general handyman skills and experience,  I cringe each time I think about it. Philosophically I believe cutting any holes in something that is suppose to keep out water is a bad idea. But I just don't like any of the alternatives. 

I practiced with a circuit that has been powering my landscaping lights the past six months. 

20 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I'll be drilling a 1/2" hole in the roof of my travel trailer to install solar panels. Despite having woodworking and general handyman skills and experience,  I cringe each time I think about it. Philosophically I believe cutting any holes in something that is suppose to keep out water is a bad idea. But I just don't like any of the alternatives. 

I practiced with a circuit that has been powering my landscaping lights the past six months. 

Make sure you use non-leveling sealant after you secure the panels.  Preferably Manus 25-AM.

1 hour ago, knightni said:

Make sure you use non-leveling sealant after you secure the panels.  Preferably Manus 25-AM.

For my RV roof I've always used Dicor lap sealant and/or Eternabond tape. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Iwritecode said:

For my RV roof I've always used Dicor lap sealant and/or Eternabond tape. 

That works as well.

• Like 1

I'm using two Renogy 100W panels. I was really close to installing flexible panels like RV with Tito has on his YouTube channel. Instead I'm going rigid with Z brackets that I will hold down initially with 3M VHB tape and screws then Dicor over everything. 

I'm still torn between a solar gland for the cable entry or a box.  I really don't see myself running a WeBoost or anything else so the gland is probably easier. The gland will be held down by eternabond tape with Dicor oozing everywhere. 

Any advice on getting through the floor,  my sealed underbelly, and up to the battery? 

i assume everyone is ready to discuss how ted lasso is a warm hug during these trying times

I think Matthew McConaughey is starting his run for governor tonight with his just keep living foundation and tonight’s fundraiser. He’s pulled in an A list of celebrities. Athletes, singers, actors, business leaders . . . 

The world was simpler then.

• Like 1

I'm leaving the site for a while, so I don't want anyone to think that I'm dead or anything. 

Idk if I'll ever return. 

Bye. 

43 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm leaving the site for a while, so I don't want anyone to think that I'm dead or anything. 

Idk if I'll ever return. 

Bye. 

Best of luck, Jack.  I hope you're ok.

10 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Idk if I'll ever return. 

Bye. 

Happy trails! Best of luck in whatever you're doing next! :gosoxretro: