Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bmags

the Corbin Burnes thread **on ice***

Recommended Posts

I’m sorry. I’m bored, And I’m just sorry.

But Als Cheesy Beef has been retweeting a bunch of old Corbin Burnes highlights and so I’m here and hat in hand:

👀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t catch that but I find it hard to believe the Brewers would part with him for anything less than an absolute haul. Idk why they would trade him. I also don’t know who the Sox have that would be appealing to MIL?

Edited by Orlando

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone convince me how it is worth it to back up the truck for a guy who hasn't pitched over 100 IP in a season since his 2017 A+/AA season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Orlando said:

I didn’t catch that but I find it hard to believe the Brewers would part with him for anything less than an absolute haul.

Yeah.

but what if they did?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Orlando said:

I didn’t catch that but I find it hard to believe the Brewers would part with him for anything less than an absolute haul. Idk why they would trade him. I also don’t know who the Sox have that would be appealing to MIL?

Vaughn, Cease, Kopech (one of two would have to be in it)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bmags said:

Yeah.

but what if they did?

If they did, I’d be ecstatic and it would make Al’s Beef a real legend for hinting at it in advanced. Maybe our resident insiders can let us know if they think it’s a real possibility?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Someone convince me how it is worth it to back up the truck for a guy who hasn't pitched over 100 IP in a season since his 2017 A+/AA season.

I’d rather catch what’s about to happen with these guys than pay for what already happened. These pop up guys have performed pretty well recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Orlando said:

If they did, I’d be ecstatic and it would make Al’s Beef a real legend for hinting at it in advanced. Maybe our resident insiders can let us know if they think it’s a real possibility?

Let’s not bring real people into this to throw a KC Johnson bucket of ice water.

But just so y’all know I’m not crazy

 

9ACF31B7-35C5-49A9-BB28-94615BF7152E.png

  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fathom said:

Vaughn, Cease, Kopech (one of two would have to be in it)

I’d think so too. Idk if I’d be down with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bmags said:

I’d rather catch what’s about to happen with these guys than pay for what already happened. These pop up guys have performed pretty well recently.

I'd rather not catch the next Todd Ritchie where we try to project someone isn't ready to make a leap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bmags said:

Let’s not bring real people into this to throw a KC Johnson bucket of ice water.

But just so y’all know I’m not crazy

 

9ACF31B7-35C5-49A9-BB28-94615BF7152E.png

What if those real people actually stoke the fire 👀 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please...just get that starter from the FA aisle.  They have lots of different people with different skills and price points to choose from.  You can keep our future moving forward while having that starting pitcher we all want.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I'd rather not catch the next Todd Ritchie where we try to project someone isn't ready to make a leap.

Come on that was 20 years ago and I can verify to you his stuff is filthy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Harold's Leg Lift said:

100 IP is an odd arbitrary number considering no one threw 100 innings last season. 

In a dream scenario, what’s the biggest name left you think Sox could realistically sign or trade for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bmags said:

Come on that was 20 years ago and I can verify to you his stuff is filthy

I get that, but I also get that some guys aren't made to be 30 start guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

100 IP is an odd arbitrary number considering no one threw 100 innings last season. 

They did in 2018 and 2019.  In neither year was Burnes among them.

And if we are talking about starters to pay a lot for, I would rather it be 180 to 200 innings we were talking about.  Instead we are talking about half of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fathom said:

In a dream scenario, what’s the biggest name left you think Sox could realistically sign or trade for?

You say dream scenario and then you say realistic...

... But my answer would be Trevor Bauer or one of the Brewers Woodruff/Burnes... assuming Castillo is off the market (Reds GM stated that) and assuming the Brewers are open to trading their SP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Someone convince me how it is worth it to back up the truck for a guy who hasn't pitched over 100 IP in a season since his 2017 A+/AA season.

I keep thinking this exact same thing. Great minds think alike!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

They did in 2018 and 2019.  In neither year was Burnes among them.

In 2018 Burnes was a rookie, in 2019 if I recall he was fighting for time in the SP rotation with Woodruff and lost.

In either '18 or '19 he was fighting woodruff for SP time and lost initially. 

Got to remember that the Brewers were a big time playoff team in 18 and 19 and had a decentish rotation at the time. A rookie coming up like Burnes had to fight off a lot of competition. 

Of course the IP is a big concern with Burnes, but talent and youth is on his side. I'd be incredibly ecstatic if we were able to get him. Let's fleece the Brewers, let's get him without giving up Kopech/Vaughn/Madrigal :). 

Edited by iWiN4PreP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

They did in 2018 and 2019.  In neither year was Burnes among them.

So you're just going to assume he wouldn't have thrown 100 innings last year.  Weird but ok.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, fathom said:

In a dream scenario, what’s the biggest name left you think Sox could realistically sign or trade for?

I have to think about this one.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Harold's Leg Lift said:

So you're just going to assume he wouldn't have thrown 100 innings last year.  Weird but ok.  

You are going to assume he did at a level worth cleaning out a lot of prospect capital.  What you call weird, I call judicious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

In 2018 Burnes was a rookie, in 2019 if I recall he was fighting for time in the SP rotation with Woodruff and lost.

In either '18 or '19 he was fighting woodruff for SP time and lost initially. 

Got to remember that the Brewers were a big time playoff team in 18 and 19 and had a decentish rotation at the time. A rookie coming up like Burnes had to fight off a lot of competition. 

Of course the IP is a big concern with Burnes, but talent and youth is on his side. I'd be incredibly ecstatic if we were able to get him. Let's fleece the Brewers, let's get him without giving up Kopech/Vaughn/Madrigal :). 

So then how much do you project him to be able to do, and how do you fill what he is unable to give you, especially when you are probably dealing the guys who could fill those innings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Burnes could be had for Madrigal/Kelley as the centerpieces 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×