Texas @ Sox

Kyyle23

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Vs a lefty too. Gotta start taking the balls again. 1 bb would be nice lol and we know I'm the biggest ta guy around 

Someone pointed out to me how bad he’s been with RISP during his career.  As someone that’s seen nearly every game he’s played in, I never realized it.

Just now, Nick_Schwam said:

How good is DeGrom man.

2 hit shutout 15 Ks 2-4 with an rbi

hit 101 in the first inning with a 94 mph slider lol how?

He didn’t even threw anywhere near this hard when he came up and the first couple of years in the league. I‘m not saying something fishy is going on, but how often do guys add 4mph  to their fastball in their late 20‘s?

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Someone pointed out to me how bad he’s been with RISP during his career.  As someone that’s seen nearly every game he’s played in, I never realized it.

That really surprises me.

Just now, Nick_Schwam said:

How has every bullpen option regressed from last season? 

Mind boggling.

Don’t forget many of them were fading at the end of a 60 game season. If the season went 162, who knows how many of these guys would thought of in the same light.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

He didn’t even threw anywhere near this hard when he came up and the first couple of years in the league. I‘m not saying something fishy is going on, but how often do guys add 4mph  to their fastball in their late 20‘s?

He’s been doing it for awhile now, gotta think he would’ve been caught now.

I know I heard that he added the velocity from tinkering with his mechanics.

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

To be fair to deGrom, he was a shortstop in college.  He has been learning as he goes along.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Needs to cal up crede and ask him how it's done. Joe would be In the hof if he only came up in big spots

Crede late in a close game...you could tie him but not beat him in a Sox uniform in those situations. So many clutch home runs late.