White Sox Winner !!

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

Especially if you told me we'd lose Madrigal, Grandal, and Moncada a few days here and there.

I think I looked up our records since Robert, Madrigal, and Grandal got injured and it's kind of crazy. 

Since Robert injury: 43-25
Since Madrigal injury: 21-13
Since Grandal injury: 9-2

TLR still makes some questionable in-game decisions, but you have to give him a ton of credit for the next-man up mentality of this team and winning despite all these injuries.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Can somebody copy and paste some of the comments after the Burr HR?

I bet there were some classics

I got another 4 miles in on the bike, so that was good. I was livid.  I mean, I have to agree, what are we paying bummer for if not to face both righties and lefties in the 8th? Sox win because they have a lot of talent but I have to disagree with TLR's managing the last couple games.  I think he's doing a great job keeping everybody loose and yet ready to play (I think we can count on one hand the amount of sloppy games we've played this year) but hopefully he manages in the playoffs with more urgency out of the pen. I have to think he will.  He knows what will be at stake.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I got another 4 miles in on the bike, so that was good. I was livid.  I mean, I have to agree, what are we paying bummer for if not to face both righties and lefties in the 8th? Sox win because they have a lot of talent but I have to disagree with TLR's managing the last couple games.  I think he's doing a great job keeping everybody loose and yet ready to play (I think we can count on one hand the amount of sloppy games we've played this year) but hopefully he manages in the playoffs with more urgency out of the pen. I have to think he will.  He knows what will be at stake.

I think it might have something to do with Bummer pitching yesterday and working himself back from that hamstring injury. Burr's been out-pitching his peripherals and it was really just a matter of time before he got exposed. He's fine for a 6th or 7th inning guy, but I wouldn't trust him to get high leverage outs in the 8th. Hahn has to go out and get relief help. 

TLA has a clearly stated philosophy about managing April-August to prepare for Sept-Oct.   Everyone plays a lot and are put into game situations so that they are ready when called upon when it counts the most.  This is not something new for him.

Fans "manage" batter to batter, inning to inning, game to game.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I think so.  For me it’s as simple as these guys gotta step up and take the 7th or 8th.  Fucking take it.  Nobody is taking it.  Don’t think it’s TLR.  It’s Bummer and Heuer.  Cmon boys, figure it out. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gogosox1959 said:

TLA has a clearly stated philosophy about managing April-August to prepare for Sept-Oct.   Everyone plays a lot and are put into game situations so that they are ready when called upon when it counts the most.  This is not something new for him.

Fans "manage" batter to batter, inning to inning, game to game.  

For sure.  And hey, with a 9.5 game lead, for now, it's a great philosophy. Keep these guys fresh for October.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I think I looked up our records since Robert, Madrigal, and Grandal got injured and it's kind of crazy. 

Since Robert injury: 43-25
Since Madrigal injury: 21-13
Since Grandal injury: 9-2

TLR still makes some questionable in-game decisions, but you have to give him a ton of credit for the next-man up mentality of this team and winning despite all these injuries.

Its going so well Eloy and Robert can only screw it up lol.

• Haha 1

Just now, Chick Mercedes said:

Its going so well Eloy and Robert can only screw it up lol.

We're gonna need them badly during our stretch of hell in August. We play the Yankees, A's, Rays, and Jays consecutively to close out August. Half of those are on the road. My hope is that we pad the lead now, get Cleveland to sell, and it won't matter how badly we might play in that stretch. 

You know I'm not much of a "wokester" or one of those guys that will wax philosophical about the waning influence of AAs on baseball -- but I fucking love Goodwin, TA and Billy and I'm glad they are on our side.  It's going to be really hard to have to cut one of these guys come the return of Eloy and Robert.  Maybe they can squeeze them onto the roster for expansion, but one of them will have to be left off the playoff roster I'd imagine.

• Like 1