2021 NFL Season Thread

25 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Interesting social media story out there.  Fields personal QB coach is blasting Nagy on social media.  A few weeks ago tweeted that rookie QB's should sit and today tweeted "What if Nagy just didn't coach the rest of the season? Like made the executive decision that the team was better if he didn't make the trip?  

Note - i do not support a rookie QB making these type of statements or pressuring them and quite frankly this might just be a pure outsider view in the sense that Fields/Avery may not have talked much so this is purely Avery's opinion based upon what he has seen (vs. informed with some insight from Fields in terms of the dynamics and what he really thinks is wrong, etc.  That said - I've heard enough quotes from Fields that one could interpret as being back handed comments directed at Nagy (and usually in support of Lazor). 

I always thought Kyle Long had more beef - but for a guy who loves the Bears (Long) - it sure seems like he was pretty accurate in his assessments.  

I think there’s been enough backhanded (and frankly some even blatant) comments from current players/ex players to know what players truly think of Nagy. Too much smoke from that fire

24 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

I think there’s been enough backhanded (and frankly some even blatant) comments from current players/ex players to know what players truly think of Nagy. Too much smoke from that fire

I read a quote (not sure if it was taken out of context or not) from Nagy today saying when he watched the game, based upon down/distance/scenario/formation - he knew exactly what the play was from watching on the couch. The funny part is - Nagy doesn't realize this is the problem - so does the entire league. His biggest issue, in my opinion, is so simple that when they run the various sets, they are extremely predictable / vanilla - it even includes how they do little things like how they do play action and other items. 

I think he noted in the same quote, there were some rare occasions where he wasn't sure what was being called because of how they disguised/ran multiple packages/concepts out of the same formation.  I wonder if he realizes how bad that quote was (kind of like that - this is year 4 - now they will be good quote from earlier this year that was straight up garbage).  

14 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I read a quote (not sure if it was taken out of context or not) from Nagy today saying when he watched the game, based upon down/distance/scenario/formation - he knew exactly what the play was from watching on the couch. The funny part is - Nagy doesn't realize this is the problem - so does the entire league. His biggest issue, in my opinion, is so simple that when they run the various sets, they are extremely predictable / vanilla - it even includes how they do little things like how they do play action and other items. 

I think he noted in the same quote, there were some rare occasions where he wasn't sure what was being called because of how they disguised/ran multiple packages/concepts out of the same formation.  I wonder if he realizes how bad that quote was (kind of like that - this is year 4 - now they will be good quote from earlier this year that was straight up garbage).  

He’s had a lot of foot in mouth comments that have been pretty annoying. We’re  seeing the product of going with a lame duck coach and a team lacking a lot of talent. Now I do wonder Pace’s fate. He should go as well but I can see the McCaskey’s giving him 1 more shot at the HC. Hoping I’m wrong though. 

55 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Raiders WR Ruggs reportedly involved in a serious accident - which resulted in fatality of another individual. Ruggs reportedly driver and being charged with DUI.  PSA for everyone to take ubers, get a taxi, DD, etc.  Awful.  

The biggest problem is that DUI charges are based on the outcome. Kill someone and you go to jail for 10 years. Don't hit anybody and just fall asleep at a stoplight and you get to be manager of a major league baseball team. The crime is the same in both cases in that someone chose to drive drunk.

32 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

The biggest problem is that DUI charges are based on the outcome. Kill someone and you go to jail for 10 years. Don't hit anybody and just fall asleep at a stoplight and you get to be manager of a major league baseball team. The crime is the same in both cases in that someone chose to drive drunk.

I don't have any disagreement that there should be harsher penalties out there for DUI......but a guy walking to his car that is drunk, putting the key in the ignition but then falling asleep for 3 hours until a police office wakes him up shouldn't be punished the same way for someone killing another driver while drunk. 

Again, if you get behind the wheel when you're drunk, you should be severely punished, but Henry Ruggs killing someone deserves more punishment than a guy who passes out in a parking lot. 

54 minutes ago, Tony said:

I don't have any disagreement that there should be harsher penalties out there for DUI......but a guy walking to his car that is drunk, putting the key in the ignition but then falling asleep for 3 hours until a police office wakes him up shouldn't be punished the same way for someone killing another driver while drunk. 

Again, if you get behind the wheel when you're drunk, you should be severely punished, but Henry Ruggs killing someone deserves more punishment than a guy who passes out in a parking lot. 

Should there be different punishments depending on whether or not you kill someone? Yes. Should that difference be anywhere near as large 10 years in jail and getting to land a 7-figure job? No.

1 hour ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Same with murder and attempted murder.

Technically Rodgers violated all the rules for going to the party since he is not vax. I think league has to come down hard on him, otherwise they are setting a total double standard. Would not be surprised to see him get hit with a suspension for violating Covid protocol. 

6 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I mean the league has been harsh on Cousins, who has to wear mask on sidelines, etc and the league knowingly has been letting Rodgers skirt all the same rules other non vax players have to follow. Pathetic NFL! 

IF they actually follow the rules, there will be heavy fines for GB and suspension for Rodgers.

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

Was it really just honor system? I'm not sure I get it, or were packers just letting him.

It seems like they are going to try and come back with "he always followed unvaccinated protocols in our building and practices" even though it seems like this is probably not the case given that he never masked on sidelines and in press conferences